Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you were looking for the world's best 993TT...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:28 PM
stockboost
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Well, there we go.. 17l-18bs of boost and he lifted his heads... Stockboost, there isn't much that you can do to a 993TT engine that hasn't been done before in the hardware department... You can sit on a camshaft grinder and sit at a bench porting and polishing your heads and turn around and say hush, hush... The quote " And we now have the fastest street driven 993 in the country." As Jean was kindly saying, puzzled? Old fashion tuning? So you have regeared your car with what ratio's? Please humor us all and snag a in car video of a 60-130 run so that we can time it... Please realize that some of us have spent more money in hardware than the purchase price of our cars... And some of us, play with these car for a living...
A 60 to 130 run on video so you can time it? Is there something that I have to prove to you guys that I don't know about?

Obviously you can't see past that I started posting on here not too long ago, and that there are people in the Porsche racing world that aren't on the Internet.

Ask Tito about the black 930 street car from Connecticut that was going 10.50's in 97, 10.00 in 98, and went 9.56 @ 161 in 99, just before it got stolen.

Our 993 is our new project, and bigger and better things have been hapening with this 1.

So please don't ridicule me with
Please realize that some of us have spent more money in hardware than the purchase price of our cars... And some of us, play with these car for a living...
because we have been playing with these cars for a living for a long time.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 334 Likes on 224 Posts

Stockboost, we are all one happy family and share one goal.. The passion for our Turbo Porsches.. When a newbie jumps on this forum and says he has the fastest 993.. without taking the time to realize that there are members that run open speed events, and race our own cars... You might feel that you have payed your dues with your circle of friends, but in this circle time slips, or video's answer the skeptics..
Old 01-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Bill S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Horsepower, blah, blah blah. I've already presented speedo video showing how my Ruf Turbo R does 60 to 130 and keeps up with a CGT. Why are we going back to HP talk? Where are the videos?
Old 01-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Stockboost

Do not be surprised if you join a new forum and start saying that you have the fastest 993 in the US and expect people not to ask for credentials. No one knows you so you should not be taking these questions as a personal attack. As to not having to prove anything to anyone, of course not, but when you join a forum it is assumed that you are here to discuss and share info, especially having the experience you seem to have. Now that you have started to establish some credentials,I am sure we can keep this civilized.

It is not clear from the above whether you are saying that you built Eddie Bellos car? If you did, then you did a great job, however this does not mean that you can get close to 700 FWHP from a stock TT at 1.2 Bar of boost. It also does not mean that you have the fastest 993 in the country.

I would not consider that car a street car, at least the one that did 9s in the Q. That car was running 2 Bars of boost, and had all sorts of mods (yes no internal mods but so what) customized for the quarter mile runs, that engine would not last more than 5k miles maybe. The one that got stolen had nothing of a Porsche other than the engine, which was heavily modified, you know that car much better than me so I will not enter a debate on this.

As Bill said, show us some videos on some 60-130, not to prove anything to anyone, but just to share some fun with the board without being defensive about it.

Peace.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:00 PM
stockboost
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jean
Stockboost

Do not be surprised if you join a new forum and start saying that you have the fastest 993 in the US and expect people not to ask for credentials. No one knows you so you should not be taking these questions as a personal attack. As to not having to prove anything to anyone, of course not, but when you join a forum it is assumed that you are here to discuss and share info, especially having the experience you seem to have. Now that you have started to establish some credentials,I am sure we can keep this civilized.

It is not clear from the above whether you are saying that you built Eddie Bellos car? If you did, then you did a great job, however this does not mean that you can get close to 700 FWHP from a stock TT at 1.2 Bar of boost. It also does not mean that you have the fastest 993 in the country.

I would not consider that car a street car, at least the one that did 9s in the Q. That car was running 2 Bars of boost, and had all sorts of mods (yes no internal mods but so what) customized for the quarter mile runs, that engine would not last more than 5k miles maybe. The one that got stolen had nothing of a Porsche other than the engine, which was heavily modified, you know that car much better than me so I will not enter a debate on this.

As Bill said, show us some videos on some 60-130, not to prove anything to anyone, but just to share some fun with the board without being defensive about it.

Peace.
I totally agree, I came to this forum to share information. I stated that we made over 600whp on a stock motor. I also stated that I will not discuss anything more, because this is a car used in competitive racing. But I thought I would add to the forum and let you know that it IS possible.

And... As far as you not agreeing with me to how much power the car made on a stock block, we were also amazed, making close to over 100 hp what the rods were supposed to be able to handle.

The old 930, full interior, stock style suspension. Motor, rebuilt every season, twice in 99 because the car ran so many events.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:05 PM
stockboost
Intermediate

Oh, and about us being the fastest street driven 993 in the country, I'm aware this is a bold statement, and am confident in saying so. Can't hurt to stir up the pot a little bit
Old 01-23-2005, 02:15 AM
harryb
Advanced

Stockboost and others:

For what it is worth, I'm totally convinced that my 993TT with Protomotive Garrett hybrid turbos is absolutely the fastest car in my neighborhood.

harry
Old 01-23-2005, 02:52 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Among any professional discipline, extradordinary claims require extratordinary evidence. The onus is on the claimant.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:40 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by stockboost
So please don't ridicule me with because we have been playing with these cars for a living for a long time.
Stockboost,
You sure are successful in stirring up the pot but if you are referring to Eddie Bellows Porsche then we all know how he played with other peoples Porsche
Anyway if you work with Eddie Bellow then i guess this is the best way of advertising him esp in the Porsche community,isn't it ?
O btw you said you came here to share about the Porsches and all you have shared is that you guys have the world Fastest Porsche in CT
Harry,
My C2 Turbo is faster then even Mr stockboost 993 TT but unfortunately i can't share any more info,i wish i could though but i guess you all just have to take my word.The last time i ran it made an 8 sec pass in a 1/4 mile and that too with stock interior heck i even had stock wheels/tires.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:49 PM
hatchy
Racer

How about some pics of the car?
Old 01-23-2005, 01:23 PM
stockboost
Intermediate

Eddie Who?
Old 01-24-2005, 07:18 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

And... As far as you not agreeing with me to how much power the car made on a stock block, we were also amazed, making close to over 100 hp what the rods were supposed to be able to handle.
It is not a matter of "what the stock rods were supposed to be able to handle" - this is physics not BS talk. Stock rods will bend at a certain level of torque, if yours aren't bending then you are not yet at that level or you aren't holding that level for long enough. The stock rods and the GT2 Porsche rods were well tested during the EVO racing and their limits are well known. The other side effect of going north of 600hp is throwing a rod out of the side of the block - most of the top teams had this at one time or another and there is a cure to do with flipping round one bank of pistons to neutralise the inherant imbalance of the flat 6 which becomes critical at these stress levels.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:25 PM
stockboost
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TB993tt
It is not a matter of "what the stock rods were supposed to be able to handle" - this is physics not BS talk. Stock rods will bend at a certain level of torque, if yours aren't bending then you are not yet at that level or you aren't holding that level for long enough. The stock rods and the GT2 Porsche rods were well tested during the EVO racing and their limits are well known. The other side effect of going north of 600hp is throwing a rod out of the side of the block - most of the top teams had this at one time or another and there is a cure to do with flipping round one bank of pistons to neutralise the inherant imbalance of the flat 6 which becomes critical at these stress levels.
It must really bother you that after all that you just spewed out, we somehow made it work. 2 different chassis dyno's, a DynoJet, and a DynaPack.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:03 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

It must really bother you that after all that you just spewed out, we somehow made it work. 2 different chassis dyno's, a DynoJet, and a DynaPack.
Funny
What bothers me is keeping the 993tt Rennlist technical discussion forum accurate to help fellow 993tt owners from wasting money. To be fair you haven't actually made any claims apart from the inaccurate rods statement and your provocative "fastest street car" claim
Give us some more tid bits so we can really get stuck into you
Old 01-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

TB, do you mean you are not crying for throwing all that money away and the solution was in Connecticut ??

Stockboost, you really fooled me, I thought for a second that you could actually contribute some to this board. I love that "somehow", it is just so funny. As Kevin told you , it has all been done and redone for years. What you seem to miss is that 99.99% of the people on this board want an engine that lasts more than a couple of thousand miles, and like to go to the track rather than just do qmile runs, which are fun however, I agree!

I am still hoping you prove me wrong and you actually HAVE something interesting to say.
I will stop wasting everybody's time now.

Quick Reply: If you were looking for the world's best 993TT...