Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by L39E
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3161/overview/
https://www.allthingsporsches.com/19...suvio-c-21.htm

'98 C2S
Vesuvio / Black
Manual, Aerokit II
72k miles, $86,900

Ad states the car is all original, one owner and original paint, although it is for sale by a dealer not a private party.

EDIT: Googled the VIN and it is also listed at RMC for $99,500 and they claim the car is in Miami... that is a bit strange as the Cars ad has it in NYC. FYI and do your DD as always
Originally Posted by clubrcr
Interesting about the Real Muscle connection. My strong and reasonably informed impression was that Matt of Allthingsporsches had it and I thought the car was in the NY area, but I do know he has cars here (NY area) and in FL, so don't know about this one.

Also question single-ownership claim but reasonably easy to verify.

Bottom line, if this car is of ANY interest to you, I suggest you speak with Matt, reach some kind of understanding re price, and get a great PPI. I am pretty sure he wants to move this car, so keep that in mind.

Good luck and let me know if I can HelpUHelpMe. :-)
Old 11-01-2018, 12:19 PM
synth19
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay777
That car's has been kicking around for some time now.....

Yes, it's been around for awhile. Something about the dealer didn't sit right with me. He was asking 95k earlier this year... For a C2S in Vesuvio, this is a great price IMO. Obviously needs to be checked out thoroughly. Proceed with caution RL...
Old 11-01-2018, 12:22 PM
synth19
Racer

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Interesting about the Real Muscle connection. My strong and reasonably informed impression was that Matt of Allthingsporsches had it and I thought the car was in the NY area, but I do know he has cars here (NY area) and in FL, so don't know about this one.

Also question single-ownership claim but reasonably easy to verify.

Bottom line, if this car is of ANY interest to you, I suggest you speak with Matt, reach some kind of understanding re price, and get a great PPI. I am pretty sure he wants to move this car, so keep that in mind.

Good luck and let me know if I can HelpUHelpMe. :-)
When this car was listed in ebay earlier this year, I contacted the seller who was in Florida. The car is in the NY area...
Old 11-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

I inquired about this car back when it was originally for sale by another seller. This car was originally for sale in FL then Matt, allthingsporsche, whoever they are acquired it (unless they are the same person as the original seller in FL). This car is in NYC as I know where the photos were taken. They have been sitting on this car for almost a year now.

For personal direct experience, I tried to buy a porsche from them a while back. I looked at the car which was being kept at a house and then they told me they had the car sold but if I gave them selling price plus X they'd cancel the deal on the 1st seller. I was not interested in doing business with someone like that. Additionally, allthingsporsche was kicked off eBay recently they would put up no reserve auctions (most recently repeatedly the Polar C2S and this Vesuvio) then when they didn't get the price they wanted they simply would not sell the car to the winning bidder or something along those lines, this was all in the eBay feedback. Anyone looking at a car for sale by them tread carefully.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Brig993
I inquired about this car back when it was originally for sale by another seller. This car was originally for sale in FL then Matt, allthingsporsche, whoever they are acquired it (unless they are the same person as the original seller in FL). This car is in NYC as I know where the photos were taken. They have been sitting on this car for almost a year now.

For personal direct experience, I tried to buy a porsche from them a while back. I looked at the car which was being kept at a house and then they told me they had the car sold but if I gave them selling price plus X they'd cancel the deal on the 1st seller. I was not interested in doing business with someone like that. Additionally, allthingsporsche was kicked off eBay recently they would put up no reserve auctions (most recently repeatedly the Polar C2S and this Vesuvio) then when they didn't get the price they wanted they simply would not sell the car to the winning bidder or something along those lines, this was all in the eBay feedback. Anyone looking at a car for sale by them tread carefully.
Thanks for the info, sounds like a seller I will avoid.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:05 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 405
Thanks for the info, sounds like a seller I will avoid.

Personally, I wouldn't necessarily conclude that. I have met the seller and have had various interactions with him, some of which were less than stellar. But if he had a car in which I was interested--AND THE CAR CHECKED OUT--I would not let him get in the way of a good car. I will say that some how he is able to land a host of very interesting cars.

(One little anecdote that is more humorous than anything...about 18 mos. ago I went on a test drive with him in a 993 and while on the drive, he wanted to stop for a pizza. So we stopped and then he brought a full-size pizza into this relatively little car. It was a first for me.)

Old 11-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Personally, I wouldn't necessarily conclude that. I have met the seller and have had various interactions with him, some of which were less than stellar. But if he had a car in which I was interested--AND THE CAR CHECKED OUT--I would not let him get in the way of a good car. I will say that some how he is able to land a host of very interesting cars.

(One little anecdote that is more humorous than anything...about 18 mos. ago I went on a test drive with him in a 993 and while on the drive, he wanted to stop for a pizza. So we stopped and then he brought a full-size pizza into this relatively little car. It was a first for me.)
Absolutely I agree. Not criticizing their inventory and the car I looked at with him was very clean at first glance. I just wasn’t so sure about their integrity and I didn’t get a good vibe overall. To each his own on that.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:40 AM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Vesuvius car was sold on a Facebook Porsche buy and sell page last year by the original owner for low 70's and purchased by a dealer
Old 11-02-2018, 01:48 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cpdjfd107
The Vesuvius car was sold on a Facebook Porsche buy and sell page last year by the original owner for low 70's and purchased by a dealer

Rennlist is an amazing resource. Perhaps the original owner can be found and someone could learn more about the car. I know Matt would like to sell it and he ain't getting the kind of dough he expected.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:33 PM
synth19
Racer

With that said, he's adding another 10k on top of what he paid. Not terrible considering he tried to first flip it for 20k over.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:57 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 675 Likes on 446 Posts

Yes, I remember the ad...
Old 11-02-2018, 04:36 PM
synth19
Racer

This C2S went pretty low on BAT?
Old 11-02-2018, 05:13 PM
synth19
Racer

Vesuvio on BAT....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...tory-aero-kit/
Old 11-02-2018, 08:55 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 105 Posts

I bought a 993 from RMC earlier this year and it has easily been the biggest nightmare of my car buying life. PM me if anyone wants a laundry list of reasons not to deal with them.

For what it's worth, I bought it as a project knowing I was going to restore it. Not looking for an investment car at all. It's still a total disaster. Yes I had a PPI. No I didn't use their recommended shop.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:15 PM
sub-zero
Banned

Received 144 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by clubrcr
Several things, do the research on Real Muscle Cars in Miami. Also, the car, if it is in "no stories condition" with an areo kit, odd color wouldn't have such a huge price reduction. Maybe there is nothing, but a potential buyer needs to do their homework.

ill tell you something about them , i had a car for sale that they wanted to buy from me , and after i didn't take the 15k less offer from them,

the kid started telling anyone that asked about my car that it was hit everywhere and i didnt get why i'm not selling my car until someone called me and told me what they say

so we did ppi and i sold it .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great American 993s for Sale + Price Discussion Thread