Notices

Great American 993s for Sale + Price Discussion Thread

 
Old 01-23-2018, 03:59 PM
  #496  
DoninDen
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
DoninDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,304
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. slick View Post

Did anyone happen to lay eyes on or have any info on the White Targa that sold in Lewisville Texas?

It was listed and sold on Autotrader at 27.5K. It was a 6 speed with 72K miles. Claimed to have had a PPI done and was in good shape, including a properly functioning Targa top. I have to assume they were lying about condition to be priced that low. I would feel alot better about missing out if I knew it indeed was too good to be true. I've included a screenshot since the ad has come down.

I called the dealer and they said they were hacked! He said if you email them off the site, it would go to the hackers. They had the FBI involved tring to help. The hackers were trying to get money from them to get their website back.
DoninDen is offline  
Old 01-23-2018, 04:28 PM
  #497  
Mr. slick
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DoninDen View Post
I called the dealer and they said they were hacked! He said if you email them off the site, it would go to the hackers. They had the FBI involved tring to help. The hackers were trying to get money from them to get their website back.
It's a crazy world we live in. After the same car popped up in Jersey I assumed that is what happened.
Mr. slick is offline  
Old 01-24-2018, 07:55 PM
  #498  
911F1
User
 
911F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,026
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

95 C2 manual on BAT. 109k miles. Nice photos!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-17/
911F1 is offline  
Old 01-24-2018, 08:35 PM
  #499  
Gbos1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Gbos1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,489
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

^^^ I still can't believe what these High Mileage NB cars are bringing.
Gbos1 is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 12:18 AM
  #500  
Dr. Ferdinand
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dr. Ferdinand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North of 4,000 RPM
Posts: 1,369
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

My brother in law is looking to get into a 993, his budget is set at $50K and he's looking for up to a 50K mile well documented/clear history car. Will require some patience no doubt and prices him out of a WB, but he is willing to consider a tippy. Any leads appreciated.
Dr. Ferdinand is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 12:43 AM
  #501  
Alfa40
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 110
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Just FYI, in Reno, a 1-owner, 210k miles C2S was sold for 38.5k. It had a repaint (seemingly good one) after a very minor accident (saw pics). 20k miles ago, a 13k USD rebuild was done. It was sold in not even 12 hours, site unseen. Ask me how I know, I was booked to fly out there the day after, when the seller send me a text that I don't need to come (I was the first to call).
Alfa40 is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 12:47 AM
  #502  
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Tarek307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA & Alexandria, EGYPT
Posts: 1,131
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand View Post
My brother in law is looking to get into a 993, his budget is set at $50K and he's looking for up to a 50K mile well documented/clear history car. Will require some patience no doubt and prices him out of a WB, but he is willing to consider a tippy. Any leads appreciated.
$50,000 for under 50,000 miles will most likely have to be a Tip..you'd have to be real lucky to find that in a manual. Now go upto $55/$60k and you can get a good clean manual
Tarek307 is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 01:06 AM
  #503  
Dr. Ferdinand
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dr. Ferdinand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North of 4,000 RPM
Posts: 1,369
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
$50,000 for under 50,000 miles will most likely have to be a Tip..you'd have to be real lucky to find that in a manual. Now go upto $55/$60k and you can get a good clean manual
Agree with you, will be a challenge though deals do pop up from time to time and you have to act lightning quick. Same when I purchased my 98 C4S a few years ago, have to be quick on the trigger for the right car and deal.

I saw this add within a min of it posting, likely would've been first to PM seller but my brother in law passed as he would not entertain a black car period. $55K for a 18K mile 1996 C2 manual. Obviously didn't last long, but there are deals that show up out of the blue, so patience and a quick draw would be key.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...lk-6speed.html
Dr. Ferdinand is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 03:35 AM
  #504  
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Tarek307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA & Alexandria, EGYPT
Posts: 1,131
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand View Post
Agree with you, will be a challenge though deals do pop up from time to time and you have to act lightning quick. Same when I purchased my 98 C4S a few years ago, have to be quick on the trigger for the right car and deal.

I saw this add within a min of it posting, likely would've been first to PM seller but my brother in law passed as he would not entertain a black car period. $55K for a 18K mile 1996 C2 manual. Obviously didn't last long, but there are deals that show up out of the blue, so patience and a quick draw would be key.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...lk-6speed.html
This was an insane deal and i'm sure there was a run on this car. Who ever bought it could turn it around for $70,000 +
Tarek307 is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 08:26 AM
  #505  
Gbos1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Gbos1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,489
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Something seems off about that 18K mile car. I don't believe it....Rebuilt at 18K? If something sounds too good to be true it usually is................
Gbos1 is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 11:49 AM
  #506  
The Italian Pursuit
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
The Italian Pursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 753
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The car on BAT is gorgeously photographed.I dig the lip. Remember to add 5% to the final price. I bet it's going to bring in 40k.
The Italian Pursuit is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 12:09 PM
  #507  
samurai_k
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
samurai_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 981
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by The Italian Pursuit View Post
The car on BAT is gorgeously photographed.I dig the lip. Remember to add 5% to the final price. I bet it's going to bring in 40k.
I saw this car in person. Here are my notes on it... https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ar-silver.html

Last edited by samurai_k; 01-25-2018 at 01:18 PM.
samurai_k is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 01:26 PM
  #508  
Dr. Ferdinand
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dr. Ferdinand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North of 4,000 RPM
Posts: 1,369
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gbos1 View Post
Something seems off about that 18K mile car. I don't believe it....Rebuilt at 18K? If something sounds too good to be true it usually is................
Seller seemed very forthright and that he bought the car from Luxsport which wasn't in the best of conditions nor as advertized, hence why he ended up with the rebuild. There has been a lot of negative feedback on Lux so doesn't surprise me. But agree rebuild after just 18K miles, makes you wonder how this car was driven/maintained in its prior life...
Dr. Ferdinand is offline  
Old 01-25-2018, 01:37 PM
  #509  
911F1
User
 
911F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,026
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by samurai_k View Post
I saw this car in person. Here are my notes on it... https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ar-silver.html
They wanted $50k back in 2016. I think BAT will bring in the money with buyers premium.
911F1 is offline  
Old 01-26-2018, 03:10 PM
  #510  
911F1
User
 
911F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,026
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default


https://www.porschenorthhouston.com/...AA2995TS323015

96 C2 w/130k miles $62993. I believe this was Opo's car at one point. It looks Rudyfied!
911F1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great American 993s for Sale + Price Discussion Thread


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: