Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Key Fob Remotes Upgraded for 993s - New Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 09:33 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Explain to me the benefit of the fob only.

It doesn't affect range it seems, so the only apparent difference is the battery style?

Is that correct?

thanks
Old 01-18-2018, 12:45 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer

It doesn't affect range it seems, so the only apparent difference is the battery style?

Is that correct?

thanks
It's that simple!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:58 PM
Churchill
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 163 Posts

My suggestion to ECU Docs is to figure out a way to significantly improve the range of the fob. This will drive the majority of sales, as battery life has never been a significant complaint about the fob -- whereas its short range continues to be. I don't think extending range from five feet to ten feet will be attractive enough for most people to spend the money.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:20 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ECU Doctors
Hello everyone! Happy New Year!

YES, the Upgraded fobs are READY and they are a great seller of ours here.

https://porschedme.com/products/pors...te-transmitter

They even come with simplified programming instructions in case that you have your 4 digit PIN code.

I'm thinking step 6 in the above instructions, may be incorrect...

Step 4 of the instructions, already has the key in the "on" position; so you cant go from the "on" position in step 4, to the "on" position in step 6, without going to the "off" position, first.

Step 6 should be, turn the key to "off", and back to the "on" position, waiting for the immobilizer light to start flashing after 15 seconds.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by nine9six; 01-18-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:57 PM
tom97c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quadcammer

Is that correct?

thanks
The other difference is the loss of the Porsche logo.

That being said I bought one a few months ago and it works fine
Old 01-19-2018, 12:37 AM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
Step 6 should be, turn the key to "off", and back to the "on" position,
Correct!
waiting for the immobilizer light to start flashing
Then enter the 4 digit code. Then;

waiting for the immobilizer light to start flashing
If the light fails to begin flashing, the code was incorrect. Then press each remote's button.. That's the factory procedure.

The major 993 problematic issue of NOT being able to program a remote because of a bad ignition switch still exists, and that's unresolved even with another immobilizer.

Last edited by Lorenfb; 01-19-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:56 PM
CarcentricB
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi ECU Doctors, congratulations with the commercial launch of the upgraded Fob's !

Repeating my question from above : Will the upgraded FOBs also work for European 993's (RoWs), or will there be European versions ? European FOBs use 433MHz iso 315MHz...
Old 01-26-2018, 07:38 PM
ECU Doctors
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Porsche 993 Key fobs, Alarm Immobilizer catch up...

Sorry for the late reply. We've been working hard on improving our business from the inside out with higher quality controls, new upgraded Porsche product developments and turn-around times. This takes a lot of effort, time and concentration.

To catch on the conversation...

-In terms of the fobs: Yes, battery life is about 250% longer because our PCB design was made for a Li-Ion battery. Also, the LED will blink green before the battery runs flat in order to avoid a problematic situation where you can't start your car. Also, the clicker is easier to use because you do not need to keep it pressed in order to send the "full" signal to the Immobilizer. More info on the PDF attached below.

They are already for sale here: https://porschedme.com/collections/p...te-transmitter

-On improving the signal range of the fobs: We've done this already for Ferrari recently and for the first time here are some images of the design...

This was made to be compatible with the original OEM design of the Immobilizer and in the future upgraded Porsche Immobilizer as well.

The first few test we did were mind-blowing in terms of the capabilities of the range - 200+ feet easily. We're trying to decide what range / distance setting to sell it at.

-Thanks for the suggestions on the instructions. I'll pass them to graphic design to fix.

-If your 993 wasn't designed with Immobilizer then it is not fitted to use Fobs because of the harness and other considerations.

-Now in terms of ROW and the different frequency, yes, our upgraded fobs also are sold for the Euro market. Just let us know when you order.

Let me know if you need any other answers.

Lastly, if you have any R&D Porsche projects that you want us to consider, let me know because it may be simple to design and manufacture.

Stay in touch, George

Attached Images
Old 01-29-2018, 05:22 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for the late reply. We've been working hard on improving our business from the inside out with higher quality controls, new upgraded Porsche product developments and turn-around times. This takes a lot of effort, time and concentration.

To catch on the conversation...

-In terms of the fobs: Yes, battery life is about 250% longer because our PCB design was made for a Li-Ion battery. Also, the LED will blink green before the battery runs flat in order to avoid a problematic situation where you can't start your car. Also, the clicker is easier to use because you do not need to keep it pressed in order to send the "full" signal to the Immobilizer. More info on the PDF attached below.

They are already for sale here: https://porschedme.com/collections/p...te-transmitter

-On improving the signal range of the fobs: We've done this already for Ferrari recently and for the first time here are some images of the design...

This was made to be compatible with the original OEM design of the Immobilizer and in the future upgraded Porsche Immobilizer as well.

The first few test we did were mind-blowing in terms of the capabilities of the range - 200+ feet easily. We're trying to decide what range / distance setting to sell it at.

-Thanks for the suggestions on the instructions. I'll pass them to graphic design to fix.

-If your 993 wasn't designed with Immobilizer then it is not fitted to use Fobs because of the harness and other considerations.

-Now in terms of ROW and the different frequency, yes, our upgraded fobs also are sold for the Euro market. Just let us know when you order.

Let me know if you need any other answers.

Lastly, if you have any R&D Porsche projects that you want us to consider, let me know because it may be simple to design and manufacture.

Stay in touch, George

You got PM
Old 01-29-2018, 05:43 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Am I understanding it correctly that with this $150 part, you can disable the immobilizer so that you don't have to lock/unlock the car every time you start it?
If so, I will expand my search beyond '95s when I look for another 993.
Thanks.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:00 PM
ECU Doctors
Former Vendor

Keadog,

What we sell for $150 is an Upgraded Porsche 911 993 key fob remote.

These would open and close the doors, as well as enable and disable the alarm.

However, if you want to bypass this system to where you don't need keyfobs, then we can always disable the Immobilizer in your ECU.

This upgrade basically allows you to turn the key in the ignition switch and start the car without needing remote fobs.

So, yeah, you won't need to lock/unlock your car to start it.

This upgrade costs $250 on non-varioram early 993s, and $575 or $675 in later 993s.

DME / ECU generations are different versions and that's why the difference in price.

Any other questions?
Old 01-31-2018, 05:51 PM
ECU Doctors
Former Vendor

We were talking about this the other day...

It's not ready for Porsche yet, but it's around the corner.

Just wanted to show you a quick video of this Ferrari 360 working with the antenna range extender.

Ferraris are much worse than Porsche when it comes to the range problem so 40 feet as a 1st test is incredible.

Hope you enjoy...

Old 01-31-2018, 06:57 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Keadog,

What we sell for $150 is an Upgraded Porsche 911 993 key fob remote.

These would open and close the doors, as well as enable and disable the alarm.

However, if you want to bypass this system to where you don't need keyfobs, then we can always disable the Immobilizer in your ECU.

This upgrade basically allows you to turn the key in the ignition switch and start the car without needing remote fobs.

So, yeah, you won't need to lock/unlock your car to start it.

This upgrade costs $250 on non-varioram early 993s, and $575 or $675 in later 993s.

DME / ECU generations are different versions and that's why the difference in price.

Any other questions?
No, that’s good to know. Haven’t had a 993 since 2011, but really liked the 2 I had (and despised the drive block, which was why I was only following ‘95s).
Thanks.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Jupiterfish
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

what needs to be "sent in" to disable the drive block....that is my biggest fear getting that thing out of sync.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:30 PM
ECU Doctors
Former Vendor

Only the ECU needs to be sent in.

That's because the Immobilizer / Drive Blocking feature "lives" in the ECU only.

It is the Immobilizer Module's job to turn it off after it gets a signal from the key fob.

When you take the ECU out of the car, it's impossible for it to "get out of sync" with the Alarm or the Immo module because the programming is always constant.

In BMW's, that is not so since they work with a "rolling / changing code" system where the risk of losing sync is real.

Here are detailed instructions about the Immbilizer Removal for the 993 911 Porsche. It explain what the upgrade does...and what it doesm't do: http://site.ecudoctors.com/tech-data...structions.pdf

Quick Reply: Key Fob Remotes Upgraded for 993s - New Project