Sponsored by:

Hardback seats custom made $5.5k

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 09:24 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
That blue/cashmere set looks great - I have a set of glacier white/cashmere seats coming. Very very excited. Enjoy.
Jeff
My custom cashmere/glacier white hardback seats arrived last week from Waldemar and I had them installed - what a transformation! Workmanship is terrific and the overall quality is really impressive.
As a nice bonus, I am so excited about the awesome rich leather aroma . When I ordered these, I added crests and heating to my seats (optional) and the heating is terrific for late night/early morning drives. The wiring is the same with or without heating, so install was super easy.
The wait for these custom seats was tough, but that is quickly forgotten once they arrived and they were installed. Highly, highly recommended; now I just need to find another 993 to order a set for - I am in love!
Jeff
Attached Images        
Old 08-08-2017, 12:32 AM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I think that's the first time I've seen HB's color matched to glacier white.

...and those stable-mates! Sweet Jesus!!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:43 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts
Default WOW man

WOW wow wow, okay, i'll stop now, but aren't those just the cats spats, very nice...
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
I am a little relieved to learn now that some of the details on these seats are not perfect reproductions. I mean no disrespect to anyone who bought them, because I have been drooling over these same beautiful hardback sport seats for a year. But I am very picky and a little obsessed, and any incorrect details would have driven me nuts. Instead, I am going with the attached seat. It is an authentic RS bucket seat, and I ordered and installed all of the original Porsche mounting hardware. I only have one for the driver's side, and though I got the seat at a good price, with the mounting hardware I am about half way to a pair of hardbacks. So I have had a few "what are you doing, you could have had a pair of hardbacks?!" moments. But the authenticity of the seat means a lot to me. I like my interior--black leather with unusual red piping around the center seat sections front and rear--so just changing out the driver's seat is a good solution for me. I will post pictures of the interior when I get it installed after painting the back.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:46 PM
Coop
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow! Nice job, epic look!
Old 08-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RS Seats

Originally Posted by kkswow12
WOW wow wow, okay, i'll stop now, but aren't those just the cats spats, very nice...
Thanks, but I only have the one for the driver's side, so I think most wouldn't approve. But it is a GREAT seat, and if I ever find its mate, I'm going to buy it.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 AM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Interesting with the number of white backs being made..

Name:  photo909.jpg
Views: 2121
Size:  402.7 KBName:  photo438.jpg
Views: 2074
Size:  377.2 KBName:  photo506.jpg
Views: 2096
Size:  318.3 KB
Old 08-21-2017, 04:48 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Anyone with these seats have some play in their seat backs? Both my drivers and passengers side does. The seat back moves forward and back about 1/4 inch, maybe less. Any idea if this is something that can be tightened or fixed?
Old 02-25-2018, 05:47 PM
11Quarts
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I emailed him.
The price is 5500 Euro not USD.
Big difference.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 02-25-2018, 10:35 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 11Quarts
I emailed him.
The price is 5500 Euro not USD.
Big difference.

Thanks,

Dave
The price that W has quoted has always been in EUR. Keep in mind this is for the 'basic'/no option seats (though in fairness he will custom paint the hardbacks at no added costs), as you add features (e.g. heating, 8-way, etc.) it adds up to more.

After the initial flurry I haven't seen many post experiences, but believe he is still making them. Perhaps after the first rush his turnaround time (and communication) has gotten better.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:12 PM
11Quarts
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
The price that W has quoted has always been in EUR. Keep in mind this is for the 'basic'/no option seats (though in fairness he will custom paint the hardbacks at no added costs), as you add features (e.g. heating, 8-way, etc.) it adds up to more.

After the initial flurry I haven't seen many post experiences, but believe he is still making them. Perhaps after the first rush his turnaround time (and communication) has gotten better.
It took about two days to hear back.
Price quoted:
All prices in Euro
5500 for Crests and Painted Back
450/seat for heat
250 shipping
Today’s exchange rate that would be $8188 USD
Old 02-25-2018, 11:14 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

I ordered a pair and installed last year. Luckily I purchased before the dollar weakened against the euro!🙃

Workmanship was generally on point. Leather a little baggy on the seat bottom and seat heaters a bit weak but overall I was pleased.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:38 AM
WhiteCab
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Waldemar

Waldemar doesn't need my support, but I think he has received some BS comments. AFAIK he was injured in the Winter of 2016 and that put him behind schedule last year. Further, AFAIK, he does the seats on weekends ("I'm sorry but I only do it on weekends and in my free time and it's very difficult to plan with 2 kids, sorry."). I received my first set and was very pleased and I think they look great. I am not concours-****, so am similarly unconcerned about the position of the crest, the seat bottoms not exactly HBS, and whether the tracks are newish. (I can clean and lube tracks if needed.) All-in-all, very nice. He is scheduled to do another set for me and I supplied the leather. He has always appeared forthright and fair and I have never been concerned about his honesty. I have HBS originals and they do not look as good to my untrained eye. Perhaps if they had not been used they might appear "better."
Old 02-26-2018, 03:26 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 11Quarts

It took about two days to hear back.
Price quoted:
All prices in Euro
5500 for Crests and Painted Back
450/seat for heat
250 shipping
Today’s exchange rate that would be $8188 USD

I think he makes some great aftermarket replicas, but his business model seems a tough hill to climb for me.

$8188 for replica seats by a talented hobbyist overseas who works on the weekends vs. maybe $6500-$7000 or so for real OEM hardback seats in perfect mint condition that have a known factor as to how they'll hold up after 20 years.

For me, it'd be a no brainer to buy the real deal seats for far less money.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:32 AM
Jay777
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBen
I ordered a pair and installed last year. Luckily I purchased before the dollar weakened against the euro!🙃

Workmanship was generally on point. Leather a little baggy on the seat bottom .....

Same experience with the baggy leather on mine. Otherwise, happy with the look and feel.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:52 PM
11Quarts
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
I think he makes some great aftermarket replicas, but his business model seems a tough hill to climb for me.

$8188 for replica seats by a talented hobbyist overseas who works on the weekends vs. maybe $6500-$7000 or so for real OEM hardback seats in perfect mint condition that have a known factor as to how they'll hold up after 20 years.

For me, it'd be a no brainer to buy the real deal seats for far less money.
The problem for me is to find OEM seats...I have been looking for a couple of months and no luck.

~Dave

Quick Reply: Hardback seats custom made $5.5k