Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In need of the forum's help assessing a new idea...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 01:55 PM
orange260z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

At at sub-$200/set of 4 price point I think you are getting a much broader audience than just a subset of Porsche owners. There are a lot of car guys out there looking for a solution that can't afford products like Jackpoint, as excellent as they may be. I see these as an attractive alternative to the liftbars that are made by another RL member.

Even with the crap Canadian dollar I think some car friends and I would all be interested.

Great job developing this product!
Old 01-05-2017, 04:40 PM
12mpg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found this post, these are awesome. I would buy a set at $200 no problem.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by orange260z
At at sub-$200/set of 4 price point I think you are getting a much broader audience than just a subset of Porsche owners. There are a lot of car guys out there looking for a solution that can't afford products like Jackpoint, as excellent as they may be. I see these as an attractive alternative to the liftbars that are made by another RL member.

Even with the crap Canadian dollar I think some car friends and I would all be interested.

Great job developing this product!
I agree with you on being able to appeal to a broader market with a lower price point, as I don't want to exclude anyone who wants a set. At the moment it's smaller batch sizes coupled with domestic manufacturing that's keeping our costs high, but hopefully we will be able to scale up someday soon and bring those costs down a bit. I would be very happy to offer them at $200/4 if possible. Thank you for your suggestion and the compliment!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 12mpg
I just found this post, these are awesome. I would buy a set at $200 no problem.
Much appreciated!
Old 01-29-2017, 09:52 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by gyrfalcon
Right now we're looking at having them available by early to mid Spring. We had really hoped to have them out by now, but the delay has been largely in continuing to bring the domestic manufacturing costs down so that we can offer them at a fair price. I greatly appreciate the interest!
Def interested in these!!
Old 02-13-2017, 04:14 PM
gyrfalcon
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GBX
Def interested in these!!
Thank you!
Old 02-25-2017, 09:02 AM
MEBound
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there an estimated date on the availability of these? I need jack stands to work on my 997, and have been on the verge of ordering jackpoints a couple of times. They are very expensive though and throw in shipping and I just can't pull the trigger on them.

Maybe you could loan out the prototypes for a non-biased review???
Old 02-25-2017, 12:27 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 287 Posts

MEBound, get in line ...We're all anxiously awaiting these!
Old 02-25-2017, 02:39 PM
MEBound
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
MEBound, get in line ...We're all anxiously awaiting these!
HA! Not line jumping just need to install brakes and if it is going to be more than a month or so I need to go with Jackpoints to get them done. That sounds like the direction though...
Old 02-27-2017, 10:30 AM
P-track
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure how I missed this thread but excellent product. Let me know if you need a European distributor
Old 05-01-2017, 05:06 PM
12mpg
Advanced

Any news? I will pre-order.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:08 AM
HalfGerman
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Surprised there was not a bump for this thread. Copy of an email I got :

Dear members of the RennStand list who have been long awaiting an update,

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your wonderful support and absolutely incredible level of patience while we were putting this together. As some of you may know, since starting this project we had a series of setbacks along the way, some far bigger than expected.

One of our greatest challenges was to find a manufacturer that we could trust to build a RennStand that not only met our specifications, but was well crafted and could be a tool to be relied upon to provide years of service to its owner. Many of the companies that responded to us were great to work with, and I appreciate the effort they put in by providing quotes, discussing their manufacturing capabilities, and in some cases even providing samples for us to approve, which was a tremendous gesture on their part.

One of the companies we had reached out to was Bogert Group, the parent company of Safe Jack, Bogert Aviation, Uncle Norm’s Marine Products, and Bogert International Inc. which supplies jacks to our Department of Defense and other militaries around the world. If you research them online, I believe you will be very impressed by the products they build, and by the company overall.

CEO, Richard Bogert and I got to talking, and through the course of a few discussions we both decided that rather than Bogert Group simply manufacturing the stands for us, that we should instead collaborate on the RennStand project. On May 12, they brought a prototype to the Overland Expo in Arizona to gauge interest from 4x4 owners, and the reception was beyond our expectations.

I’m very happy to be working with Bogert, and believe the incredible work they do will be very evident in the stands you receive. Here’s a video link to a demo of the last prototype so that you can see what the final product will basically look like:

This is a link to a video by the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s ‘Heroes of American Manufacturing Series’ about Bogert Group:

We should have the full specs available within the next few days, but I can share this with you at the moment:

1. The stands will be constructed of steel, and completely built here in the USA by Bogert craftsmen.

2. The new maximum height setting is increased to 18” (that is measured without the jack pad in place, which would raise the max height even further than 18”). A higher max height was requested by many on the RennList forums, which we took to heart and got to work on.

3. The diameter of the pins was increased from 1/4” to 3/8” to put to rest the concerns some had expressed on the forums in regards to the narrower pins not appearing to be strong enough.

4. The stands will be rated to 2 tons/pair. In addition, a larger version for bigger vehicles, and an adapter that works with bottle jacks, will be available in the future to meet those needs.

5. The price for the 2 ton version is expected to be $139 per stand ($278 per pair). This may be more than some of you had hoped, but in exchange you will be receiving a useful, well designed and well crafted product, built in the USA by a highly reputable manufacturer, and built to last!

6. The first RennStand is expected to be available for shipping within the next two to three weeks, and everyone who had joined the list will be given priority to purchase the stands, as promised.

Again, we really appreciate your patience, and most of all your continued and overwhelming support! Please know that when you receive your stands, you were a part of making them a reality by having joined the list, some even including a note of encouragement, and that really helped keep us motivated to continue pushing past the obstacles. Thank you all sincerely!

The next update should include the full specs and ordering info. If you have any questions until then, please feel free to reach out to me, and I will do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

Much appreciated and best regards,

Frank Ceravolo, CEO
RennStand Inc.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:25 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Still nice looking product but now with the price being so close to jackpoint jack stands, how do you differentitate this product. What are the pros and cons of each?

Congrats on the partnership!!
Old 05-29-2017, 01:40 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 287 Posts

Just an observation but the Jackpoints aren't collapsible and, as I recall, are not height adjustable.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:12 PM
bobbyp
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 101 Posts

The jackpoint jackstands are almost pieces of art BUT only elevate the car 12 inches where these will pick up your car 18 inches.

A huge difference in my opinion.

Quick Reply: In need of the forum's help assessing a new idea...