Sponsored by:

C2S Nip and Tuck

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 403 Posts

Nicely done.

Goofball, here's the best deal on turbo scoops http://type911shop.co.uk/epages/de86.../Products/3521, and here's how https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...installed.html

Euro clears from Gert at Carnewal are fairly priced, and cheaper than a set of cut down clears. http://www.carnewal.com/products/P93...r-Turn-Signals
Old 06-24-2016, 10:37 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Who did you source the Turbo S ducts and longer Euro side marker lights from? Car looks fantastic!
eBay for the ducts and Pelican for the longer lights

Originally Posted by P-daddy
Very nice! You didn't fill the plate holes?
When I picked it up I was like - DUH! Homer Simpson Style, but I'll just get a set of bumper plugs.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:13 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I went through the bumperette-delete question with my painter. He was not comfortable filling the void with any of the products available. He felt that with a hole that large, a slight bump to that area would have a high likelihood of failure of the repair and paint. He even felt the same way about the license plate holes. I'm sure others would disagree and have had no problem with filled bumperette and license plate holes, but I figured I'd take his advice, so I went with an ROW Turbo bumper. He came up with an elegant solution to the license plate holes - two small metal grommets that he painted - looks great IMHO.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:41 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by VA993Dreamer
I went through the bumperette-delete question with my painter. He was not comfortable filling the void with any of the products available. He felt that with a hole that large, a slight bump to that area would have a high likelihood of failure of the repair and paint. He even felt the same way about the license plate holes. I'm sure others would disagree and have had no problem with filled bumperette and license plate holes, but I figured I'd take his advice, so I went with an ROW Turbo bumper. He came up with an elegant solution to the license plate holes - two small metal grommets that he painted - looks great IMHO.
My shop has a plastic welder which made short work of the front bumperette holes. Time will tell if the paint will crack.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:34 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by UserA
My shop has a plastic welder which made short work of the front bumperette holes. Time will tell if the paint will crack.
Nice,never heard of a plastic welder, that sounds like a good solution.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:34 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Beautiful job Kevin. Can't wait to see this in person. I've got an empty bay in CT you can 'park' your RS or C2S 🙂
Old 06-26-2016, 12:58 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,080 Posts

First of all the most durable way to delete bumperetts is to replace the bumper cover. Also do you realy want to do this as the rear bumperette mounts are substantially strong and really are the only substantial metal protecting the end of the engine's crank shaft from a rear collision. I would think any rear end impact that taps the end of the engine may plant the seeds of distruction in the engine and or driveline.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:40 PM
JimPA
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by pp000830
First of all the most durable way to delete bumperetts is to replace the bumper cover. Also do you realy want to do this as the rear bumperette mounts are substantially strong and really are the only substantial metal protecting the end of the engine's crank shaft from a rear collision. I would think any rear end impact that taps the end of the engine may plant the seeds of distruction in the engine and or driveline.
+1 on the rears. Last week, while sitting at a red light, I felt a clunk in the rear as cars in the adjacent left-turn lane started moving. Fortunately, there was no damage. I am confident the outcome would have been worse without the rear bumperettes in place. There is a good supply of inattentive, distracted drivers.

While waiting at another red light a few years ago, the car ahead backed into me (you can't make this stuff up), creating obvious damage to the front bumper cover. The wider positioning of the front bumperettes renders them less likely to help prevent damage.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:25 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pp000830
That certainly is the best, but most expensive route! Do ROW cars have the same rear bumpers? If they do, I figure they would be spaced wider to allow for the euro license plates, but would still help in a rear end tap situation...just wondering...

Originally Posted by JimPA
+1 on the rears. Last week, while sitting at a red light, I felt a clunk in the rear as cars in the adjacent left-turn lane started moving. Fortunately, there was no damage. I am confident the outcome would have been worse without the rear bumperettes in place. There is a good supply of inattentive, distracted drivers.

While waiting at another red light a few years ago, the car ahead backed into me (you can't make this stuff up), creating obvious damage to the front bumper cover. The wider positioning of the front bumperettes renders them less likely to help prevent damage.
That makes sense. The rears are positioned more centrally to absorb a minor rear end tap and also protect the driveline. The fronts seem to be Porsche's solution to just get by US regulations at the time, but based on where they are positioned, they would be of virtually no help if you accidentally tapped the car in front of you or if you were pushed into the car in front of you.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:33 PM
mike5876
Rennlist Member

looks awesome nice job that is my old car!!
Old 06-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5876
looks awesome nice job that is my old car!!

Yes, Mike....thanks for passing it on to me, the car was great in every way. I put another 10K miles on it then sold it to Kevin. When are you selling me that '77 930?
Old 06-28-2016, 12:15 PM
mike5876
Rennlist Member

Default car

I ended up buying a 1998 c2s with 23k one owner miles

the 1977 turbo i have a guy that wants to buy it just actually finished it

call me 561-419-5939

Quick Reply: C2S Nip and Tuck