Sponsored by:

Best Palce for Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 03:19 PM
Rockit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best Palce for Parts?

I just bought a 95 993 Caberio 2 wheel drive.

The dash pad is cracked. Can anyone tell me a reputable place for used parts..

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:00 PM
jg291446
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The best place, I can't tell. But here are some good places to look :

Classic9 leather shop : http://www.classic9leathershop.com/p...4-930-912-911/

Rennlist classified

Pelican Parts classified

LA dismantler (maybe not a good reputation, but I personnaly had good experiences). http://www.ladismantler.com/

http://www.nineapart.com/

https://www.partsheaven.com/
Old 04-16-2015, 05:28 PM
jg291446
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, I forgot...

THIS
Old 04-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Rockit
Racer

Thanks JG....the first link can redo my dash....5 weeks. That's fine, the car is going to be repainted and in the shop for 2 months. When they recover the dash it wont crack again and I think most used ones will be cracked or close to it.

The previous owner was hard on the car and it sat outside.

Thanks for the great links...I only knew of Pelican.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:56 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Partsheaven.com
ebaymotors.com
Old 04-16-2015, 06:29 PM
bjornebo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

einmalig.com has used parts. I have had good luck with them.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:31 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

We have a great array of parts selection that can meet your needs here. As well as a great amount of Tech Articles for DIY.
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 04-17-2015, 10:23 AM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
We have a great array of parts selection that can meet your needs here. As well as a great amount of Tech Articles for DIY.
+1 for Pelican.

Rockit: I was in a very similar boat having just acquired a C4S and needed a bunch of (largely) small ticket items. Things like bolt plastic covers, seat belt buckle plastic tab fascias, carpet mat retainer screws, custom carpets (talk about the creativity you can deploy when selecting unique Lloyds mats!), plastic/rubber trim I wanted to freshen up, etc. Did not have any part numbers or much insight where to start from and when calling Pelican the rep spent nearly an hour with me, hunting down all items one by one (many were literally pennies). We also created a 'project list' where you can add items that eventually you want to tackle (anywhere from spark plug wires, to windshield wipers), which I thought was nifty. BTW, when you call them you can given them the reference number for your shopping cart and that way they'll be fully in sync with your items list. I also found the technical reviews and previous buyer comments very useful, and as standard practice I generally try to support forum sponsors.

Thumbs up Glenn @ PP!!! The complementary jelly beans as a 1st time customer were a nice surprise
Old 04-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Rockit
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
+1 for Pelican.

Rockit: I was in a very similar boat having just acquired a C4S and needed a bunch of (largely) small ticket items. Things like bolt plastic covers, seat belt buckle plastic tab fascias, carpet mat retainer screws, custom carpets (talk about the creativity you can deploy when selecting unique Lloyds mats!), plastic/rubber trim I wanted to freshen up, etc. Did not have any part numbers or much insight where to start from and when calling Pelican the rep spent nearly an hour with me, hunting down all items one by one (many were literally pennies). We also created a 'project list' where you can add items that eventually you want to tackle (anywhere from spark plug wires, to windshield wipers), which I thought was nifty. BTW, when you call them you can given them the reference number for your shopping cart and that way they'll be fully in sync with your items list. I also found the technical reviews and previous buyer comments very useful, and as standard practice I generally try to support forum sponsors.

Thumbs up Glenn @ PP!!! The complementary jelly beans as a 1st time customer were a nice surprise
Thanks Doc...

I have a large growing list I have to put in with them. While I'm new to Porsche I'm not new to how this all works and just don't know if things like dash panels are still available form the dealer or after market. I would imagine they do keep parts obsolesce for a while. My personal experience has been MB keeps them for 50 years or more. Its posts like this that instill to me doing business Pelican even more.

Damn yellow car is very worn on outside and inside..mechanically perfect but high mileage and a few leaks. Price was real right and have my best friend in the auto Body business....

Will post some pics soon.

Quick Reply: Best Palce for Parts?