Sponsored by:

My big hpped German mistress

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My big hpped German mistress

My first Porsche was a 1973 911S. It was metallic silver, black leather interior, sport seats, sunroof, with a period correct 73 RS suspension. I did the suspension, rebuilt the sport seats, rebuilt the gear box, and rebuilt the engine. I bought it about 2000, and I loved that car, but I sold the car when I got divorced.

In 2012 I bought my black 1997 993 C4S. It had about 60,000 miles. On the positive side, it had RS motor and transmission mounts, RS clutch and lightweight flywheel, strut brace, Moton shocks, an an almost complete carbon fiber interior, and cool black leather seats with red piping. You can see the negative side in the pictures. A faux GT2 wing, ginormous boxed rockers, completely white gauges, and faux Turbo S front spoiler.
Attached Images     
Old 03-08-2015, 11:53 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Default My big hpped German mistress

So between 2012 and 2014, I worked on the body and the gauges. I took the wing off and replaced it with a stock engine lid. And I took the boxed rockers off. People: don't put these things on your car. I won't go into detail, but it was god awful expensive to fix. I had the gauges rebuilt and restored to stock, and at the same time added carbon fiber steering wheel, shifter, and emergency brake handle, Walrod rings, switched out the solid spoke turbo twists for hollow spoke technical wheels, and put on a ghosted early Porsche side script as a nod to the early cars I love.
Attached Images      
Old 03-08-2015, 11:53 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 408 Posts

Beautiful car, notwithstanding the rockers.... Please post some shots of the interior including seats and gauges if you can. The front spoiler looks great - and so do the turbo scoops. If you don't like the GT2 tail, I have a black stock deck lid suitable for trade.

Cheers!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 408 Posts

Just saw your second post with the tail and rocker delete - NICELY DONE!
Old 03-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Default My big hipped German mistress

I also put on European front and rear turbo bumpers, and European clear turn signal lenses. I added the European rear fog light switch (I'm compulsive and could not stand the gap in the switches). I replaced the faux Turbo S front spoiler with the real thing. I installed Tore's LED turn signal and back up lighting.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Silver Surfer
Racer

So to bring you up to date, on Monday I am installing the Fabspeed sportcat X-Pipes and Steve Weiner's re-flashed ECU.
Attached Images   
Old 03-09-2015, 12:08 AM
Silver Surfer
Racer

So, I have been buying some rare and lovely suspension bits as I can afford to between 2012 and now, and very soon the car is going to make a trip down to Steve Weiner's shop. When I take it down there, I will have some new pictures to post and I will update this thread.

This has been a great place where I have learned so much from all of you, bought and sold some parts, and been able to share my passion with other enthusiasts. I hope you enjoy my thread!
Old 03-09-2015, 12:16 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 405 Posts

Great upgrades, looks so much better now then in the first picture. Makes me want another black car.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:33 AM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Default My big hopped German mistress

Thanks very much. I love polar silver on these cars too, and yours is beautiful as well. Like you, I installed the FD Motorsports Golden Rod and RS short shift kit. This was one of the most cost effective mods I have ever made to a Porsche. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:47 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
.... I added the European rear fog light switch (I'm compulsive and could not stand the gap in the switches).....
I completely understand and empathize. I did the same thing ---- for the exact same reason ....

Well Done! (And I'm jealous of your ignition key-hole lamp)...
Old 03-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great work. Honestly, it looked pretty good at the start, but I like winged 911s. You've certainly made it much better.

Regarding the Euro rear fog light spot on the dash, would it be possible to install a second cigarette lighter port in its place? For more electronic device connectivity?
Old 03-09-2015, 03:48 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder_Man
Great work. Honestly, it looked pretty good at the start, but I like winged 911s. You've certainly made it much better.

Regarding the Euro rear fog light spot on the dash, would it be possible to install a second cigarette lighter port in its place? For more electronic device connectivity?
There is enough room behind the rear fog light blank to install another lighter. However, why not be more discreet about it and install some usb ports in the ashtray that can be closed and hidden?

"We don't need no steeenkin 'lectronic 'vices..."

:-). :-)
Old 03-09-2015, 11:15 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

The car actually looked great on the first pic, minus the side rockers. However, the conversion you've done has made the car even better. It's very similar to what I've done to my 4S also. I didn't care for the big Turbo S wing, but the front lip I like. Well done, sir!
Old 03-09-2015, 02:01 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
So, I have been buying some rare and lovely suspension bits as I can afford to between 2012 and now, and very soon the car is going to make a trip down to Steve Weiner's shop. When I take it down there, I will have some new pictures to post and I will update this thread.

This has been a great place where I have learned so much from all of you, bought and sold some parts, and been able to share my passion with other enthusiasts. I hope you enjoy my thread!
BBBBBeautiful car, " what we do'nt know, we learn from each other"
Old 03-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Kacey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks soooooooo much better. I would suggest a split grill for the back to complete the OEM look.

the script is super nice. I'd love to do it as well but I'm not sure how it would look on a red car.

Quick Reply: My big hpped German mistress