Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My big hpped German mistress

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017 | 05:46 PM
mgerber
Pro

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
It's a big day for my zaftig girl. Pictured are RS stabilizers and drop links with RS bushings, RS wheel uprights and bearings, RS tie rods, RS rear A arms, 7mm front and rear concentric spacers, and the unopened box is a set of Elephant Racing sport hardness front and rear suspension bushings including rear sub-frame bushings. Not pictured is an RS/CS shock tower brace and Rothsport polyurethane steering column bushings. Should be installed, corner balanced and aligned this week.

Sweet pull-offs to be posted for sale soon, including TRG front and rear stabilizers, TRG droplinks, and I still have turbo rear brakes available.
Nice to see the goodies going on! We will miss you at Parade. Just planned the drive routes with JB for Sunday and Tuesday. Palouse drive on Sunday and Thompson Falls MT (via Thompson Pass) on Tuesday. Sure we can't pry you way from that other stuff...
Old 07-03-2017 | 10:22 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Default Parade

Matt, I wish I could. Lee and I really need a getaway this summer, and we were both looking forward to Parade with you guys so much!
Old 07-03-2017 | 10:24 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Originally Posted by Gbos1
Damn! You are dropping some serious coin on her! Enjoy!!!
Yeah, that is two years of buying parts when I could spare the coin, and squirreling them away in my garage until I could afford to install them. I'm pretty excited....
Old 07-04-2017 | 09:08 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Yeah, that is two years of buying parts when I could spare the coin, and squirreling them away in my garage until I could afford to install them. I'm pretty excited....
At least you had the "restraint" to do so!. I have been on the slippery slope since I got my C4S last year. I am done for this year but will purchase my mods over the Winter for next year. I plan on doing the Front Strut Brace, Rennline Pedals , Dead Pedal and Floorboard, Seat Mount Fire Extinguisher and the Porsche Classic Radio. I would love to find all the Carbon Fiber bits, Shifter, E-brake and dash pieces too. They are hard to find and $$$$!!.
Old 07-04-2017 | 12:12 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Default This winter...

At least you had the "restraint" to do so!. I have been on the slippery slope since I got my C4S last year. I am done for this year but will purchase my mods over the Winter for next year. I plan on doing the Front Strut Brace, Rennline Pedals , Dead Pedal and Floorboard, Seat Mount Fire Extinguisher and the Porsche Classic Radio. I would love to find all the Carbon Fiber bits, Shifter, E-brake and dash pieces too. They are hard to find and $$$$!!.
Looks like we are on the same track, and more a full skid than a slippery slide. I'm doing the Rennline adjustable pedals and dead pedal and the seat mount fire extinguisher this Fall/Winter. I'm thinking about the classic radio, but I seldom use the radio and I use my phone for navigation (on the new Rennline phone mount). This took so long because the first thing I had to do was to restore the rockers because the prior owner cut 18' long four inch wide gashes in them with a torch to install his butt ugly (in my view) vented fiberglass boxed rockers. I think he thought he was cooling his rear brakes (NOT). I had to buy two wide body rear quarter panels off of a front end wreck from LA Dismantlers to get properly shaped sheet metal to fill the holes! That was some serious bucks. The front turbo spoiler was aftermarket, so that had to be replaced too--not cheap.

The carbon fiber dash and doors came with car, but not the steering wheel, shifter, and parking brake. I had to buy those from our Belgian buddy Gert (also not cheap) to complete the interior.

I have a few more cool projects in store for the winter too, so this thread is not over....
Old 07-04-2017 | 12:36 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Let me know what ya want for the TRG sways. Got the H&Rs, and these are one mm smaller F/R.
Great transformation of yer beauty.
Old 07-04-2017 | 12:50 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Looks like we are on the same track, and more a full skid than a slippery slide. I'm doing the Rennline adjustable pedals and dead pedal and the seat mount fire extinguisher this Fall/Winter. I'm thinking about the classic radio, but I seldom use the radio and I use my phone for navigation (on the new Rennline phone mount). This took so long because the first thing I had to do was to restore the rockers because the prior owner cut 18' long four inch wide gashes in them with a torch to install his butt ugly (in my view) vented fiberglass boxed rockers. I think he thought he was cooling his rear brakes (NOT). I had to buy two wide body rear quarter panels off of a front end wreck from LA Dismantlers to get properly shaped sheet metal to fill the holes! That was some serious bucks. The front turbo spoiler was aftermarket, so that had to be replaced too--not cheap.

The carbon fiber dash and doors came with car, but not the steering wheel, shifter, and parking brake. I had to buy those from our Belgian buddy Gert (also not cheap) to complete the interior.

I have a few more cool projects in store for the winter too, so this thread is not over....
Anything LA Dismantler is crazy expensive YIKES! I purchased most of my stuff from Gert @ Carnewal also but his site says the Carbon bits, shifter and e-brake are discontinued? Should I email Gert?
Old 07-04-2017 | 12:59 PM
mgerber
Pro

When are you guys doing the re-gear?...
Old 07-04-2017 | 01:02 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mgerber
When are you guys doing the re-gear?...
Ha! Funny you say that! It's on my "list to do's" cha-ching!
Old 07-04-2017 | 02:04 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Default Re-Gear

Ha! Funny you say that! It's on my "list to do's" cha-ching!
Im hoping I can do that this winter!
Old 07-04-2017 | 02:06 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Anything LA Dismantler is crazy expensive YIKES! I purchased most of my stuff from Gert @ Carnewal also but his site says the Carbon bits, shifter and e-brake are discontinued? Should I email Gert?
I bought mine in 2012. I suspected all these cool parts would start disappearing. It's a race between my wallet and time!
Old 11-05-2017 | 05:02 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

I have my car back from the RS suspension installation. As a recap, my C4S sits on hollow spoke 993 turbo twist wheels, and has Moton Club Sport dampers with Eibach springs. The prior owner converted it to rear wheel drive (but I have all the parts to restore AWD if I choose to do so), and he installed the RS lightweight flywheel and clutch. I installed the FD Motorsports Goldenrod, RS short shift kit, stainless steel brake lines, and RS rear brakes.

My RS suspension project just completed: RS wheel carriers; RS front and rear sway bars, drop links, and bushings; all other front and rear bushings replaced with Elephant racing sport hardness; Tarett Engineering GT2 replica tie rods; Rothsport Racing polyurethane steering rack bushings; FD Motorsports transmission brace; RS strut brace; and 7 mm wheel spacers front and rear with longer Porsche studs. The car was set to RS ride height, aligned, and corner balanced. All four wheel bearings were replaced, as were ball joints as needed. A big thanks to Chris and Kyle at Chris's German Auto in Redmond, Washington. Chris drove the car and pronounced it "sick," and Kyle said it was the best-handling 993 he had ever driven. I have had the car out now for a few drives, and it feels and handles beautifully. Some pictures follow:

The RS and other parts...

RS strut brace and Motons...

Front...

Side...

Sexy big butt...

Turbo/RS front brakes and hollow spoke turbo twists...

RS rear brakes and hollow spoke turbo twists...

And another gratuitous picture of the RS driver's seat on factory hardware...
Old 11-05-2017 | 05:06 PM
Tlaloc75
Three Wheelin'

Looks awesome and I bet it handles extremely well. What did they set the swaybars at front and rear?
Old 11-05-2017 | 05:08 PM
tdarby
Racer

Looks great.
Old 11-05-2017 | 05:10 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Default My big hipped German mistress

Originally Posted by Tlaloc75
Looks awesome and I bet it handles extremely well. What did they set the swaybars at front and rear?
Thanks, I love how it handles! I didn't think to ask about the sway bar settings, but I assumed they were set to the middle setting. I will ask and let you know if they did anything different. If I reinstall the AWD, I may have them fiddle with the sway bar or suspension settings to dial out any understeer.

Quick Reply: My big hpped German mistress