993 Forum 1995-1998

9pm eastern Sunday - Ultimate Garage on HGTV

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 03:02 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 9pm eastern Sunday - Ultimate Garage on HGTV

On Home and Garden TV tonight will be a re-air of a show called the ultimate garage. I heard about it elsewhere - combines awesome home garages with super cars. Comes on at 11pm central.

E. J.
Old 12-30-2001, 09:57 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts
What an opportunity for a setup!!

"Honey, I'll watch HGTV with you late tonite if you let me watch Speedvision now!"

By the way, you must be whipped (like me) if you even know what HGTV is....

Chris
Old 12-31-2001, 12:26 AM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 148 Posts
Shoot, I missed it. E.J., I hope you taped it for me!
Old 12-31-2001, 12:52 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Watched it; those places are as much garages as I am a gourmet cook. Those were showrooms, not garages!!!

REAL garages are for:

- Pulling in your daily driver and letting the snow/ice/salt drip off onto the ground

- Same scenario; place where you can hose off the salt/dirt from your winter rat and let the "residue" drain down intot he drain in the floor (didn't see a drain in any of those dream palaces)

- Place where if you miss the catch basin while draining the 9 quarts out of your 993, you mop it up with some rags, dump a gallon of concerete cleaner on it, mop up the residue, then complete your oil change

- Has a floor on which you can roll your steel-wheeled floor jack and not worry about the consequences to the floor

- Place that has an area for your snow tires after you take them off in the spring

- Place for the lawn mower to drip dry after you hose it off following the lawn mowing
Old 12-31-2001, 01:16 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2001, 08:02 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Agree with all. A little overrated. I liked the last one that was underground though with the turntable.

I kept waiting for the lifts and rolling tool carts etc. Heck with 20 and 30 foot ceilings, plenty of room for a full size lift.

Sorry John, no tape, but you don't need it. If I thought you missed something, I would have tpaed it.

BTW - the only one with a functional garage as we know it was the one in Arizona that had 3 garages, one attached to the house, one like 10 car for storage and one two bay with the lifts and tools etc. Now that is a setup.

E. J.
Old 12-31-2001, 11:50 AM
Richard C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Kim,

That looks like my living room. Only I've had difficulty getting my car up the steps.

Happy New Year everyone.

Richard
Old 12-31-2001, 01:59 PM
brandon
Instructor

I thought the guy in AZ had a great set-up as well - an office/showroom/guesthouse, a daily driver garage, and the working garage with lift! The current Forza magazine has pictures of a "garage" (showroom) in Rancho Santa Fe that is pretty awesome as well (I promise I didn't buy the magazine, I was just looking at it since there were no copies of Excellence on the display )

Quick Reply: 9pm eastern Sunday - Ultimate Garage on HGTV