Sponsored by:

My 993 and some suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Kacey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
Looks great man, we should meet up soon.
We should. Let's plan something.

Originally Posted by f1ava
Wow that really is low !! Is it lower than RS ?? Looks like tires will scrub on arches at any opportunity.
It's maybe slightly lower than RS. It has not rubbed once and I've been driving it fairly aggressively since I installed the suspension. And believe me if it was going to rub, it would have. Especially on Montreal streets. I just need to get the FPB asap.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by f1ava
Wow that really is low !! Is it lower than RS ?? Looks like tires will scrub on arches at any opportunity.
W / the right o/s wider wheels and tires can be run even lower than that, tho there are other issues that keep street cars from doing so.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:39 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you purchase the new headlight lens' from? I need a new passenger side lens. Thanks
Old 09-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Kacey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TouringTeg
Where did you purchase the new headlight lens' from? I need a new passenger side lens. Thanks
I bough them from 2 different places because no one had both in stock. I suggest that you change 2 at a time. I bought the left one from AutoPartsWAY.ca
Old 09-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

If one has Torx drive screw drivers, the reflector can be carefully removed at the back of the unit and the entire lens and reflector system carefully cleaned with a microfiber cloth. My lights had a thin residue on both and things shined up nicely when cleaned.

Also a brushed on coat of satin black paint on the visible black surfaces freshened up the look even more.

This service plus new lens both sides, fresh high beam H1 bulbs and HID lo beam kit really upped the brightness.

Quick Reply: My 993 and some suspension question