Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up a 1995 Porsche 993 to Raul Welt RWB Widebody Conversion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Would it serve me any purpose to insult any RListers cars based on their non OEM mods over the years, pretty simple no.

Fair enough, some commentary is deserved whether positive or negative. The recent comments about the bumpers inadequately cooling the braking and engine system, well yes make sense and very valid point.

Maybe some of us just expected a bit more maturity from RListers, as opposed to cheap, ridiculing, BS one liners. Last time I checked we were in a 911 enthusiast forum, not a Miata or Civic forum full of high school chics that are wanna be tough guys behind a keyboard.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:07 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Knight
Maybe some of us just expected a bit more maturity from RListers, as opposed to cheap, ridiculing, BS one liners. Last time I checked we were in a 911 enthusiast forum, not a Miata or Civic forum full of high school chics that are wanna be tough guys behind a keyboard.
Yup. It's easy to be tough from behind a keyboard. As my mama used to say, if you can't say something nice...
Old 09-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 412 Posts

Welcome to the drama that is RL. I spend a lot of time here reading but all the BS and immaturity is a big reason why I do not actively participate on the board as much as I used to. The 993 forum is the worst of all the forums I visit. Go figure.

Would it serve me any purpose to insult any RListers cars based on their non OEM mods over the years, pretty simple no.

Fair enough, some commentary is deserved whether positive or negative. The recent comments about the bumpers inadequately cooling the braking and engine system, well yes make sense and very valid point.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:55 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Adding more fuel to this drama....I wonder does Nakai-san put the engine undertray back on the car?

Old 09-05-2014, 05:14 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I wonder what kind of oil he uses?
Old 09-05-2014, 05:29 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Some of us expecting a little more than glue-on tuning and funny stickers from RLers, but do you see us complaining? No, instead we are celebrating the pinnacle of thoughtful design that is RWB for the last 195 pages here.

PS. My personal "ridiculing, BS one liners" are not cheap. The moment I find ways to monetize them I'll let you know the pricing, but rest assured it's not going to be inexpensive. Especially when RWB is concerned.

PS. Miata forum full of high school chicks. Great visual, thank you.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:32 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by axl911
Adding more fuel to this drama....I wonder does Nakai-san put the engine undertray back on the car?

the deeper question is - does he put sticker on undertrays? We've recently learned that underside of his creations are periodically exposed by jumping off the tow trucks and Japanese design is all about completeness and congruence.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Knight
Drifting

Originally Posted by nile13
Some of us expecting a little more than glue-on tuning and funny stickers from RLers, but do you see us complaining? No, instead we are celebrating the pinnacle of thoughtful design that is RWB for the last 195 pages here. PS. My personal "ridiculing, BS one liners" are not cheap. The moment I find ways to monetize them I'll let you know the pricing, but rest assured it's not going to be inexpensive. Especially when RWB is concerned. PS. Miata forum full of high school chicks. Great visual, thank you.
Well to keep this pinnacle celebration going on for more pages just to really emphasize what the the forum is all about, no complaints on my behalf, it's really all great entertainment.

After all, why complain when we can now exercise expensive one liners, now officially upgraded to paragraphs just to stroke the opinionated RL ego. Entertainment at its finest all, especially coming from now a funny guy, big shot, sitting behind his keyboard. When you monetize them, RWB or not, gladly send me a bill.

And your very welcome, there is no charge - high school chics (fat or not) in Miatas, it's all about freedom of expression up here too.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:50 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Seems to be some slight fixation with that "behind the keyboard" issue, no?

Let me know if you need some stickers sent over.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by axl911

Originally Posted by CarreraX
I wonder what kind of oil he uses?

I believe there is a twelve hour hand welded flaring of the undertray performed before the tray is discarded.

And please, for those who can't stand to see one 'lister criticize the decision to take a pristine 993 (instead of a car that needed paint, etc.) and cut it up for this purpose, please, get yourself another box of tissue. When an OP says "hey, what do you think?" don't complain when people say what they think.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Knight
Drifting

Originally Posted by nile13
Seems to be some slight fixation with that "behind the keyboard" issue, no?

Let me know if you need some stickers sent over.
Nope like I said just great entertainment.

Throw some hot shot one liners my way, it's much more valuable then some RWB stickers.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:16 PM
gt3rs.
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Who is a the "real" porsche guy ?
The rich one?
The porsche design one?
The car and coffee one?
The collector one?
The daily driver one?
The DE one?
The racer one?
The pimp my ride one?
The air cooled one vs the liquid cooled one?

or the one who respect others?

Peace!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:41 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Plenty of Miatas out there will run circles around 993 drivers.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:11 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by niche
Plenty of Miatas out there will run circles around 993 drivers.
Yep. And I have to run circles around myself.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:08 AM
jbigelow
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sig says all.....

"There are many ways to skin a cat and many tuners to modify a car. Ones own vision of modifying a car is not another mans vision. The best thing about ones own modifications is that it shows their own taste and personality. Everyone is different. Its hard to accept, but like people, everything has a place in this world.

And opinions……. well, there like ******** and everyone has one……. who cares…….. Have fun, enjoy life, and do what makes you happy. "

Criticism is criticism......

If this were my thread, id be honored that you even took the time to look and reply

Quick Reply: Just picked up a 1995 Porsche 993 to Raul Welt RWB Widebody Conversion Thread