Tramont Cup heads up...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 10:03 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
I just bought a set of 3000 thread count egyptian cotton sheets, and a large comfy goose down pillow...Not for the wheels, for me to be comfortable sleeping in the back shed once my wife see's these new wheels.
3,000 thread count Egyption cotton is so '90s. Return that garbage and get you some 10,000 thread count triple Pima cotton.

Andreas
Old 10-30-2013, 11:32 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 278 Posts

I just bought a set of 3000 thread count egyptian cotton sheets, and a large comfy goose down pillow...Not for the wheels, for me to be comfortable sleeping in the back shed once my wife see's these new wheels.
LMAO!!
Old 10-31-2013, 05:14 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

funny, the furthur away from me people live, the more they like me...interesting

Old 11-18-2013, 06:19 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

email from Tramont today, wheels will be ready for shipping next week. New thread with pics to follow. Don't get too excited...it'll just be the wheels. Still gotta get the center caps, get em color matched...and decide on rubber. Might try something a little more special than the Hankook's I usually run.

Any updates?
Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Any updates?
I suspect Joe is in the back shed now cuddling those beauties and there ain't no wifi there to get on RL.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:00 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by P-daddy
I suspect Joe is in the back shed, slowly rocking back & forth while mumbling incoherently in the dark.
FIFY...

Andreas
Old 11-18-2013, 09:15 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
FIFY...

Andreas
Old 11-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Any updates?
plenty to report...just none of it any good.

In a nutshell...Tramont put the wheels on a pallet, not 2x2 in box's as the shipping quote was for. That pallet shipment, put it into a whole other world shipping wise. Lets put it this way, I could fly round trip to France, and pay the extra to treat these wheels as luggage and probably get them home cheaper...
Tramont, Rudy, and I tried to get the shipment returned to Tramont while they sat for 2 days in France.

Essentially a "return to shipper" order was put out for the pallet.

That return order didn't stop it from leaving France...but once it hit the USA...in Memphis , Tn...guess what? Yup, that reurn to shipper order showed up. Pallet gets a return tracking number. Meanwhile, the US import division says they halt the return order, and clear the package thru customs for delivery.

You guessed it...the pallet gets loaded on a plane and returned to France anyway. It's been in customs at Charles De Galle airport since last Saturday.

So far, Tramont has refused to accept it back. If Tramont does not provide the appropriate customs paperwork...theoretically needed even for the return of an item, customs will seize the pallet.

What have I learned..well, I could have just as much luck choosing Fred's Express Shipping, than the big Fed-Ex. Every agent has told me, Rudy, and Tramont something different, most all did exactly nothing. Both tracking numbers still show up, original cleared thru customs, and enroute for delivery, return tracking number in France...for the same pallet.

It's been almost 2 weeks of non stop interaction with Fed Ex.

Yes, Tramont put the wheels on a pallet when it should have been two box's. Every step since then has proven to me that Fed Ex is incompetent. The only honest conversation I had with a Fed Ex rep...he told me that once a tracking number is assigned to a package...there ain't no stopping it. They're system is simply 24-48 hours behind, and how this whole shippment went down, simply proves that to be true. I had...HAD expected a certain level of professionalism, trust, and competence regarding Fed Ex...that ship has sailed-no pun intended.

I have two options here...convince Tramont to release the wheels with the appropriate paperwork. Ideally, I'd like them to take posession of them, check for damage, repack, and await my next shipping direction.

The second option might play out tomorrow. The US customs import agent for Fed Ex tells me that they did indeed halt the shipment, and they have an email verifying that the pallet was halted for the return shipment, but the Fed Ex Express division ignored that order. Naturally, they will not forward that email to me. As a follow up, they have the clearence for customs to allow delivery. Theoretically, the department "boss"...the dude who actually thought he stopped this return shipment , is gonna see what he can do tomorrow.

What can happen?
1-custom office in France can seize the pallet if "something" doiesn't happen-either from Tramont, or Fed Ex
2-Fed Ex US import office can waive the email confirmation for the stopped return shipment, and get the pallet shipped back here for delivery.

What could this train wreck cost?
1-loss of wheels already paid for via customs seizure
2-follow up "oh my God" shipping bill for back and forth
3-all of the above

Best case scenerio, Import office boss finds a way to get the pallet sent back here and delivered. Fed Ex "eats" 2 of the 3 shipping costs, since it should not have been returned anyway. I'm left to negotiate the billed shipping costs, cause the quote we got was for two box's ...and not a pallet. Essentially $500 vs $2300...yeah, $2300 for the pallet.

Just incompetemce from the minute they starting boxing the wheels in France.

Another rennlisters wheels are ready to ship, I've offered up my suggestions to him. I expect his to go smoothly, since ALL the mistakes were made with my wheels.

Sorry...big nutshell
Old 11-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

It all comes back to nobody can do anything right.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:58 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

$2300?!

Holy crap, that is insane.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:02 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear your troubles Joe. I have no patience for incompetence....and never trust the French!....(im allowed to say that, my last name is Desrochers)
Old 11-18-2013, 11:25 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for your wheel woes, Joe. Sucks.

I think at this point I'd stop dealing with FedEx or Tramont, and call my credit card company instead.

To me it's simply up to Tramont to make it right. They probably won't be selling m(any) wheels to US customers (or at least those that read Rennlist,) until they do.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 AM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bummer. I was hoping for some pics of the wheels on your car. Or at least a pic of the wheel with you foot in it.

I hope you get it quickly turned around.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:09 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Sorry for your wheel woes, Joe. Sucks.

I think at this point I'd stop dealing with FedEx or Tramont, and call my credit card company instead.

To me it's simply up to Tramont to make it right. They probably won't be selling m(any) wheels to US customers (or at least those that read Rennlist,) until they do.
unfortunately, no credit card companies involved. Tramont required a bank transfer in euro's before the wheels were put into production.

I have no good options here

Regarding Tramont selling wheels to customers in the US, they have no US distribution...and the high shipping costs has been what has stopped many other rennlisters from buying their wheels in the past. I thought we had a reasonable shipping solution, and it should have worked...except for complete lack of attention to detail, follow thru, and incompetence.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:39 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

plenty to report...just none of it any good.

In a nutshell...Tramont put the wheels on a pallet, not 2x2 in box's as the shipping quote was for. That pallet shipment, put it into a whole other world shipping wise.
Just off the phone with Tramont, and it seems that: "The FEDEX person who showed up to take the delivery, refused to take the lot in boxes. He called HQ at Fedex central and they wanted the wheels on a Pallet. Tramont put the wheels on a Pallet"

your money is still yours by law:

http://translate.google.com/translat....xhtml&act=url

Originally Posted by cpdjfd107
never trust the French ! (im allowed to say that, my last name is Desrochers)
I TOTALLY agree with you.
Might I add...AVOID champagne , wine, cognac, cheese, croissants, and brands like yoplait, evian, president, perrier, badoit, kronenbourg, danone, nespresso, all are synthetic ...and dirty
Never ever wear Chanel-Hermes-Dior-Vuitton-Yves Saint Laurent-Nina Ricci-Givenchi-Celine-Chloe-Cartier-Breguet-Guerlain-Chaumet-cacharel-Boucheron-Dupont-Lancome-Vichy-Garnier-etc -etc, such old brands are so yuck !
Imagine anybody in a Lacoste ? beurkh !!!
How could they claim they made TEFAL and BIC ? denim jeans ? duh, common !!!!

Pretend they launched the European Space Agency constructing and launching satellites since 1960, still on their territory, hasty generalization...
They have that speed train cruising at 300 km/h since 1981, I don't know how they sold it to 24 countries including the US, but I prefer the plane, but never on Airbus.
That POS has (I heard) the tires and tid bits made in France, I mean WTF...

They pretend they launched the World Wide Web online services with the Minitel in 1978, with 10 million users, impossible !!

Also, they pretend they made the Concorde, imagine ?????
Luckily someone rectified the wikipedia UK page and to us now, the Concorde was british made, even if the french paid for all and the british pulled out of the program budget at the beginning (as usual).
The channel tunnel ? Fortunately the UK pulled out, and made the French pay the infrastructure from Paris until central London. For 13 years, the fast train rolled at 300 km/h on french soil and 80 km/h on British soil because the metal rails were 65 years old in UK. Up until these French agreed to pay for new rails. And eurotunnel is practically bankrupt since then.
And for pulling out...to me the british are first, best, and invented everything.
You and I know that if you google eurostar, you will see that it is british and not stinky french.

Cars ? man I like my 993. But why should I attend a grand prix or a lemans or even a concours ? why is my 993 a coupé ? who came up with those stinky words ? I checked my 993 and omitted anything that comes from saint gobain, michelin , motul, elf, total, and anything velours...I hope porsche asepticized the steel that came from the Lorraine mines for the body.
Nuclear energy ? f#ck them

A country smaller than Texas and claiming it is the first touristic country worldwide. Now that is stinky... First rule of thumb going there, never trust anyone, especially the cuisine.
Roissy airport has burglars everywhere, 15.000 items find their way to the lost and found hangar each and every day.
Roissy airport has 25.000 flights more than heathrow London airport each year, but heathrow is THE biggest international airport worldwide passenger wise, can't you count the passengers?.
London temperature is hotter than Paris all around the year, the French are so cold people.
If a tourist has an accident, the firefighters, ambulances, rush him to hospital
supposedly for free. But I heard they always take organs and sell them, without the tourists victims knowing.

The British hate the french (reasonably) thank God, and spread the word in the US, although 20% of the british pass their vacation in France each year, I wonder.
Must be the french 'stab in the back' guys are using unknown tactics.

Last but not least, I think the biggest enemy of the French is the fact, that they do not speak English,
not enough to defend themselves from f#ckrats.

Last edited by geolab; 11-19-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Tramont Cup heads up...