Sponsored by:

Tramont Cup heads up...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Tramont Cup heads up...

A manufacturer in France-Tramont, makes an officially licensed from Porsche replica of the Speedline RS wheels. Tramont currently has no US distributor. Myself and others, have tried to get a set of these wheels...the price is very reasonable, but the shipping is stupid expensive. You really need a business shipping account to get the shipping rate's "reasonable".

So, here's what's been happening in a nutshell.
1-Tramont will build any width, offset, you want in an 18" wheel, paint the centers standard silver, or "metal mat anthracite grey"-their epoxy color close to GT2 color, at no additional charge
2-they have quoted me a price(with current exchange rates), for an 8.5" & 11" 993 WB wheelset, for under $3000 US. That price is over 20% BELOW their 2013 pricing guide on their website. A NB wheelset, would be slightly less expensive.
3-their initial shipping quote was over $1200 US...absolutely nuts, but understandable since they do not ship internationally.

I have been like a dog on a bone regarding these wheels...my dream wheelset by the way, since I first focused in on them. What was needed, was a business shipping account from UPS, Fed-EX, DHL, TNT Trucking...etc. I contacted each one of these companies, and was told the same thing...you need to be a business.

So, I went looking for a rennlister who had a business, and would be willing to, or maybe even interested in, making this happen.

Enter Opo...Rudy.

His initial shipping contact was Fed-Ex, from Tramont in France, to his business in Texas...about $340. Additional shipping to my home in Central New York was another $130. So, lets use these initial numbers as a target...shipping costs are now less than $500 delivered to your door. You still need center caps, painted if you go with the dark grey centers-which I intend to by the way...so there is additional cost there.

Tramont will offer no additional discount for any group buy-we asked, and Rudy being Rudy, and will offer up his shipping account to any rennlister who is interested in a set.

This is how it "could" work;
-rennlister pays Tramont directly for the wheels, provides width, offset, color details.
-rennlister pays Rudy directly to reimburse for shipping costs
-rennlister now has awesome wheelset

recent complications include;
-on going shipping cost comparisons, naturally looking for a cheaper solution
-Tramont mentioning VAT would have to be charged(21%), then reimbursed when proper documents were returned to them. We expect the shipper to handle this, discussions in process.

So, lets compress this

Tramont Cup 18" wheelset- Speedline RS replica's, your choice of width, offset, center color...delivered to your door WITHOUT center caps-for approx $3500

I'm anxious to put this to closure, and so is Rudy. We may not find a cheaper shipping alternative-though Rudy is making his secretary jump thru hoops looking for one. All that being said, we want this to move forward.

If you are seriously interested, and ready to act almost immediately, this is what you need to do;
1-send me a pm saying your in, share with me your personal email-mine is in my profile so we can readily be in contact. Maybe even a phone number would be helpful...
2-visit the Tramont website Tramont Extreme wheels.com and ask for a quote without shipping, for the Tramont Cup wheels. Christine is the contact, tell her you are part of the rennlist group buy. I fully expect the same discount that I was quoted, to be applied to all orders, so share the quote with me please. She may or may not include the VAT. Keep in mind they are 6 hours ahead of EST.
3-Once we assemble the "group buy" members, each must pay Tramont directly for the wheels, and Rudy for the shipping. There is a three week build cycle, then a "pick up for shipping" notice can be sent. If you pay Tramont, but not Rudy, your wheels will sit-you certainly don't want this.

well...that's kinda it. Been lots of Speedline talk lately, a standard NB wheelset can cost $3500-5000. To make that NB wheelset into a true WB wheelset, can push that total to $7K...yes $7K, I have the details.

Officially licensed high quality replica Speedline RS wheels $3000

Shipping for aforementioned officially licencsed high quality replica Speedline RS wheels $500

To have everything but the "SPEEDLINE for PORSCHE" inscription on the outer barrels of an officially licensed high quality replica Speedline RS wheelset for about half the price of the real Mc Coy....priceless baby!

Deadline for getting your representative s^#* together, and get in on this "group buy" in next Friday, October 11th. Wish it could have been 9/11, and not 10/11, but hey, we're trying.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:02 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I will let you know. I need to see how much the rust repair is going to cost.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:25 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 278 Posts

Aw **** I did not need to see this thread
Old 10-02-2013, 11:56 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang it! I've been wanting these for a long time. Ugh!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:49 AM
AW21
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! I'm interested. Will send PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

Nice option for sure! Really interested to see how many will take advantage as the shipping outside of having a business account with one of the majors is punishing $ wise. Way to go Rudy!!

Gonna be some great before and after shots.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 AM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The good news is I have until the 11th to talk myself out of it.

Thanks so much for putting this GB together guys!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 536 Posts

I think I might be in too...just have to decide on a WB or NB set as I don't have a car
Old 10-03-2013, 11:23 AM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe, what size wheels and offsets are you going with. I am lowered to ROW with Summitomo HTR ZIII tires 285/30 rears. I like the look of Nurburgers rear wheels/tires, although he is lowered much more to probably RS height. I'll PM him and see what his sizes are. My wife is going to kill me.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:45 PM
P-track
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to hear you have things lined up Joe, really looking forward to the photo's once you have them on the car!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:55 PM
P-track
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI, ask fedex for copies of customs export and import documents . Both are required for EU tax regulations and for a EU compaNy to be able to reimburse VAT.

In short the EU tax laws require proof that the products have left the EU and are imported into a non-EU country, a simple invoice or shipping bill is not enough so make sure you get all the documents of the shipper especially the customs documents.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:57 PM
pcarrera993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way to go Joe and Rudy. This is a great opportunity, darn my slope has been too slippery lately but I may jump in on this. uuuggghhh! Much debating to do before the 11th.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:45 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I may buy a set. But if I did, then I'd need some advice with the NB offsets. Do you get a ET50/65 setup or something a bit more aggressive?
Old 10-03-2013, 03:11 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

Ask if FedEx will offer an Ocean LCL (less than container) shipment option. Much cheaper than flying it. I know UPS does..
Old 10-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

^^^ Good point! especially if the numbers add up on the group buy.

Quick Reply: Tramont Cup heads up...