Tramont Cup heads up...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 202 Posts

Bump for Joe!

I have to make my own arrangements - As I am from the land down under.

Maybe next year as a gift to myself....

Good luck!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Happy Friday folks...Rudy and I had a nice conversation today regarding these Tramont's. Monday, our orders will go into Tramont, once we recieve our invoices, we will do the credit transfer required by Tramont...and get these into production.

To recap
Tramont Cup-Porsche licensed Speedline RS replica's, 18" any width, any et you desire. A WB 993 specific set, 8 1/2" fronts(1.5" polished lip), 11" rear's(3 1/2" polished lip), for under $2800, NB spec's slightly cheaper. That price includes a choice of 4 custom center epoxy colors for no extra charge, and is over 25% below their 2013 on-line price guide.

Shipping to a business address is approx $340 to Southern States, less to the North East, more to the West Coast. For those of you that have hit a roadblock with shipping charges...now is the time to act. A business shipping account-thanks Rudy, and a business to business address shipping arrangement, is what is making the shipping reasonable.

We will email Tramont Sunday night(they are 6 hours ahead in France) the specs for each of our individual sets. I fully expect to recieve an invoice from them first thing in the morning. Tramont requires a credit transfer, as they do not accept credit cards. This is a simple bank transaction, that will cost an additional $20-25 at your bank.

Besides Rudy and I, there is only one other rennlister confirmed in on this deal. Quite a few responses to this thread, and quite a few pm's to me also, but nothing more.

So, if anyone wants in at the last minute here...email me your contact info, and contact Tramont Sunday night so they have it first thing Monday morning. By mid week, these wheels will be in the production cycle...and the oppourtunity will be gone.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Joel, it looks like I'm going to order 2 sets, one for my 964 and a set for a WB 993, thank you for doing this and taking the lead
Old 10-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

It's JOE not JOEL
Old 10-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Opo
It's JOE not JOEL
that's alright Rudy...Joel is my evil twin, and I don't allow him computer access, unless he breaks his chains and escapes the basement.

and...couldn't have done the Cup deal without you my friend.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:59 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I can't believe more sets aren't being ordered .. y'all realize that to get this kind of custom barrel depth/offsets and center color on Speedlines, it would cost twice as much as the entire wheel package and shipping costs for these .. right? I don't think I've EVER seen a set of these for sale in the u.s. ....
Old 10-12-2013, 12:00 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^ Plus the cost of the Speedlines!!
Old 10-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Dick in TN
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am the other Rennlister besides Joe and Rudy who is in on this deal. I like the Speedline look best of all
for anything in the 993 family, be it a NB, WB, Turbo or GT-2, and have lusted for a set for years! It was just the cost that kept me from pulling the trigger before now. Thank you Joe and Rudy for putting this deal together.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:53 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If I only knew what the best offsets were for my NB. Ordering a custom set of wheels is a bit of a stretch, in terms of achieving the best looking result.

Last edited by RodKnock; 10-12-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:47 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by RodKnock
If I only knew what the best offsets were for my NB. Ordering a custom set of wheels is a bit of a stretch, in terms of achieving the best looking result.
If worried, simply use stock narrow body (NB) sizes.

Front: 8x18, ET 52
Rear: 10x18, ET 65

Lowering the offset number brings the wheel further out.

For reference, my NB 95 coupe with OEM RS Speedlines:
Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2013, 06:10 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Thank you, are you using 225/40 front tires and 265/35 rear tires? How much more "poke" (mm) would you subtract from each if you had the opportunity?
Old 10-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Thank you, are you using 225/40 front tires and 265/35 rear tires? How much more "poke" (mm) would you subtract from each if you had the opportunity?
many foks are running 5mm spacers all round...maybe even be able to do 7mm in the rear. At least one other rennlister has gotten a quote from Tramont regarding a NB wheelset, don't know if he asked for stock et's, or went custom.

You could safetly go to a 45 et front with an 8 1/2" wide wheel-there is no difference at the front between NB, and WB. Tramont builds an 8 1/2" wide et41 for the WB 993 front...probably the same for a NB. That is pretty aggressive, and honestly, I'm still on the fence for my final front et.

You could safetly go the aforementioned 8 1/2" et 45(7mm less than NB oem, just 5mm less than WB oem) front, and a 10" et58 rear(7mm less than NB oem)...even 10 1/2" wide.

What will ultimately fit...is dependent upon ride height, and camber settings, if you go real aggressive. Personally, I plan on erring on the side of caution regarding my fronts.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
I can't believe more sets aren't being ordered .. I don't think I've EVER seen a set of these for sale in the u.s. ....
after wallowing thru all the bull$hit trying to get these wheels...I understand exactly why next to none are state side.

Lots of hoops to jump thru...
-no credit card's accepted, so you need a bank transfer
-shipping is absolutely nuts...unless you have access to a business shipping account. $1K for my personal UPS account, under $300 with Rudy's Fed-Ex buss. act...make sense of that!
-VAT questions, Tramont says they have to charge it, unless the shipper handles the paperwork...shipper says no trouble...but still a wild card.You'll eventually get it back, but see reference to "hoops to jump thru"
-price flucuates daily due to euro-US$ exchange rates.
-still gotta get center caps, even color match them if you get a custom colored center
-any width, and et you want...yikes! Way too many options here, for those of us not fluent in wheelese.

and yea, price comparison to Speedline's made in one of my first posts, especially what it would cost to do a proper set of WB fittment Speedlines. That is what lead me to chase these Tramonts. I passed on a set of NB Speedlines for $3500, it would cost another $3500 in parts and labor to change the barrels, mill, paint, and reassemble for a WB set. I would then have a $7K museum quality wheelset, that I would put on a 100K mile, dirty carfax C4S with lots of paint work, a bike rack atop...and a cup holder...riiiight.

this is kinda like the 996 HB sport seat, vs 993 HB sport seat, isn't it? Well, except the Tramont's look almost exactly like a set of the Speedlines, only a few could really tell the difference.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:52 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 278 Posts

Rod- like Joe mentioned on a NB you can safely 58 on 10" rear. I had et 58 on my last nb car lowered with no issue. Im confident you can even go ET55. If you dont want to take a chance, go 58. That was the spec of the Carrera III rear wheels that many rennlisters use.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:54 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

A couple more questions.

1. If I go to an ET47 front wheel, do you automatically go to the 8.5's or could/would you stay with the 8's?

2. What are the custom finishes available? Though I believe I'd like to remain with the OEM finish.

Quick Reply: Tramont Cup heads up...