Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 04:17 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well said. Holger any pictures of your Heigo installed yet. Mine has just left the factory in Germany. Talk about a long wait!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Holger3.2
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 169 Posts

In general I have the black one as shown in your picture, excepts mine is LHD ...

https://rennlist.com/forums/10441985-post28.html

Tought i put some pics then but ...
The pics are not too good ...

Old 06-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
I think the difference here is we're not pro race car drivers at the track, all of us are driving on the street or are amateur track rats. And anyone can use a turn signal; it takes no skill. Not everyone can heel and toe and drive a stick well.

I think lots of Porsche enthusiasts will miss having a stick shift in their ultimate street sports car, since they offered it in all their cars for the past 60 years or so. Except maybe those who can't drive a stick, are lazy, or anyone who thinks performance numbers are everything for amateur drivers on the street. If that's the case, a few hot rod Fords and Mustangs can do a similar job for half the price or less. A tape measure or ruler is even less money for those types
You seem to have forgotten about the safety benefits that a clutch-less transmission has for drivers of all skill levels. One can be a Porsche enthusiast, spirited driver, and at the same time value life over fun.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:52 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan V
You seem to have forgotten about the safety benefits that a clutch-less transmission has for drivers of all skill levels. One can be a Porsche enthusiast, spirited driver, and at the same time value life over fun.
And one can be a Porsche enthusiast and prefer a manual. I'm confused as to how a stick makes one value life less, but to each his own
Old 06-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not so much confused as self-centered. (My choice of DD is MT, for purely selfish reasons, so I'm in that same boat - for now. Not quite ready to jump to the company Prius)

Quick Reply: New 991 GT3