Sponsored by:

RSR muffler inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
I have cut open many RSR mufflers to convert them to Stage IIIs. I don't think it is very cool to show what Robin Sun worked so hard to create so that others can just copy it. I also wouldn't like that to be done with my mufflers, as this is how I make my living. I don't believe there are any patents on the RSR design, but I would hope that you would honor the work that guys like Robin and I put into this stuff and not give away our "secret sauce."
I do try and advise people that are doing their own work as much as I can without giving everything away
+993

Either pay for a design or work it out on your own.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

I have cut open many RSR mufflers to convert them to Stage IIIs. I don't think it is very cool to show what Robin Sun worked so hard to create so that others can just copy it. I also wouldn't like that to be done with my mufflers, as this is how I make my living. I don't believe there are any patents on the RSR design, but I would hope that you would honor the work that guys like Robin and I put into this stuff and not give away our "secret sauce."
I do try and advise people that are doing their own work as much as I can without giving everything away
This is ri-di-cu-lous
Since when modding a Porsche part makes the person the creator ?
Every person who mods 993 mufflers have piggybacked on the Porsche and RUF creation, and now claiming it's unfair to piggyback on their mod ?
A few holes, a thicker pipe and some welds makes the person the creator and talks about patent ? who's Patent ?
I do not know you Darin and I hear good echoes from people who do know you. I sincerely think what you wrote is pathetic and should be corrected.

AS for respect, I would start by changing the first sentence (I have cut open many RSR mufflers to convert them to Stage IIIs) because you are not flattering Robin, and indirectly you are bluntly flattering yourself.
It is just a muffler.....a nail and a hammer could change the sound.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:02 PM
jakfrost
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gulp! My RSR's are....'passé'....OMG. Wait, I won't tell them and they can't read so I'll just continue to enjoy my car, passé mufflers and all, .

SMall JOke,

Jim
Old 05-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Juha G
Is robin still selling the rsr mufflers?
I also think there's a big difference between opening up somebody elses work and copying it for your self (or helping a fellow porsche owner) and copying the design and making business with it.
Come on, it's not like everybody can do their own mufflers. I would make a claim that 90% of 993 owners would rather buy a new or used set. I.e. The real thing.
Jussi,

Just save your RSRs, someone in Finland might want them and if for nothing else, because Robin has given more free advice/DIY help to 993 community than anyone else ever.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Darin,

Don't be silly, the RSR mufflers are part of the fine history of Rennlist and Robin would be proud to share the design with others.
We have always had a community of sharing here on Rennlist and I hope the spirit continues... something for you to consider!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:54 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jakfrost
Gulp! My RSR's are....'passé'....OMG. Wait, I won't tell them and they can't read so I'll just continue to enjoy my car, passé mufflers and all, .

SMall JOke,

Jim
Mine (vintage 1999 and passed to me off of Robin's 993) thankfully can't read either, soooooooooooooooo glad.

Quick Reply: RSR muffler inside