Sponsored by:

FISTER VS RSR

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 AM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FISTER VS RSR

I did a search but much of the info is a year or two old.Think I am going to try Fisters or the RSRs. Would very much appreciate any and all opinions on these systems. also any post on sound if anyone has one. And the cost. What exactly do they cost ? I cannot find a thing on the Fisters. Thanks,MACK
Old 03-26-2013, 12:43 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by AKTUNG
I did a search but much of the info is a year or two old.Think I am going to try Fisters or the RSRs. Would very much appreciate any and all opinions on these systems. also any post on sound if anyone has one. And the cost. What exactly do they cost ? I cannot find a thing on the Fisters. Thanks,MACK
Fister no question. I've heard both and gotten numerous compliments from guys with RSRs on their cars; all of them prefer mine, too.

There are threads and info all over about Fisters; alternatively, just call them. Darin is super-nice and approachable.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 401 Posts

Love my Fister II's but sometimes I do wish I went for the III's.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:42 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pirahna
Wanna swap?

To the OP, I've had RSRs, Fister Is and Fister IIIs. The RSRs are closest to the F Is however the RSRs had a drone around 27-2800 rpm, nothing real serious but just a little annoying. I ended up sending them back and went with F Is, no drone at all and nice improvement over stock. After a year or so the itch began for something more aggressive and I went all the way to IIIs. They are a little louder than I preferred so a set of Stg IIs is what I think will suit me best. ymmv Last time I checked the F IIs were about $400 and the IIIs were $450 (no coatings, standard finish). That may have changed in the last 2 years tho. Can't recommend Darin and Mark enough, terrific guys to deal with.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:14 AM
Coyote
Advanced

Love my Fister Stage II's. The perfect balance in my opinion. Not so load that people stare and neighbors glare yet just load enough to put an extra wide grin on your face and make you want to roll with your window down every where you go! Just do it! Totally worth it!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:18 AM
LimeyBoy
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 125 Posts

Not too loud, not too quiet but just right - Goldilocks Fister Stage II. Zero drone and good lads to work with as well.
See web for pricing http://fdmotorsports.net/fister-exhaust-993-stage-2
Old 03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

I was in the same boat, must have listened to the Turbo fister set up on the web over 50 times, decided to go fister and get the velvet black and tips. Getting installed as i type.

rob
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Mister C
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Love my Fister IIIs. I can't offer a comparison with the RSR however.

To me they do sound much better than Fabspeed's maxflo product (which looks great but is just too quiet for me). But then again I was very tempted to keep the supercup exhaust the car came with but that was so loud it made my ears ring after 1/2 hour. So I definitely prefer loud and raw.

Videos and sound clips do not accurately represent the sound of any exhaust. At least that is my experience. I would happily give you a ride if you come to the DC area.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is my post from a while back...maybe it will help.

I guess I'll chime in here since I just sold my RSR's and installed Fister Stage II's. The Stage IIs are a higher pitched sound...RSR is deeper, Stage II is a little louder...maybe 10-15%, Stage II is more racey/raspy type sound...RSR is a deeper grumble, Stage II seems quiter at highway speeds due to NO resonance at any speed from I can tell so far...RSR has a little resonance in 5th or 6th gear on the highway.

The "back-popping" when deccelerating. This is a main reason I wanted to swap to the Stage IIs. My stock exhaust sounded really good in this respect. That was the only thing I missed when I installed the RSRs in 2002. However, when I recently made a sound clip of my RSRs...I discovered that I WAS infact getting some back-pop..just not enough to hear inside the car. I've only driven the Stage IIs for a few miles, but I've not really heard a lot of back-pop at all...not nearly as much as I was hoping for. But what I did hear sounded really good from inside the car...so I hoping that as the mufflers "wear-in" that maybe I'll start to get more.

Anyway, that is my long story of the RSR and Stage IIs. I can't finish without saying major kudos to both Robin for his RSR mufflers and Darin for his Stage II mufflers...IMHO...the very best sound for the 993..hands down!

One is not better than the other...they are just different.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:23 AM
tarbender
Instructor

I have the RSRs on my C2 and really like them. Just a bit louder than stock and not obnoxious at all. I wanted the deeper sound which is why I went with RSRs. Agree that in 5th and 6th there is a bit of drone just under 3000rpm. Nothing that is really annoying though. Glad I made the change.

I think I would have been happy with either the Fister IIs as well based on my search on the forum.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 282 Posts

Love my Fister IIIs. They idle nice and deep, and sound fantastic at WOT!!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:51 AM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
Funny, just switched from Fister III to II as they were to loud for me. Love the II now.

Jack
Old 03-26-2013, 12:48 PM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I can tell you that I have owned Fister I, II and III mufflers and have never been disappointed. I have had the Stage IIIs on my car for a few years now and I would never go back. As Darin would develop a more aggressive version, I continued to 'upgrade'. It's hard to believe but I am going on 7 years of running Fister mufflers and I have never looked back. Just pick your volume level, the sound is intoxicating
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I compared the Fister IIs and IIIs and opted for the III's with no regrets!!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:06 PM
rutz36
Advanced

Fister IIs! I've had them on my car for over six months now and enjoy them very much. Not too loud but when one wants them to sound off, just drop down a gear and blast off. Yummy! You won't regret getting them!

Quick Reply: FISTER VS RSR