993 Forum 1995-1998

Scale 993 models

Old 08-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KP993
I wonder how much that would cost.
The website listed at the bottom of the photos shows 99Euro for the yellow one, available to "club members", limited to 911 examples, and the blue one available in stores and onlne, limited to 1500 examples. Both due out Sept 2013.

They do look really nice.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:49 AM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow some of you guys have pretty cool collections. Its quite fun to see all the little racers.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by KP993
I wonder how much that would cost. Agreed with Magdaddy, the wheel does not have enough curves.
I bet they are the same size front to back as well.

Wow, the 964 Carrera RS 3.8 looks great!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:25 PM
P-track
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will get the 964 RS model in red next week. If the model lives up to the (promising!) photo's we will order the 993 RS model and following editions as well. I will report back when the first comes in.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

Pulled the trigger on the Yellow RS, will report back when I have it.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Pulled the trigger on the Yellow RS, will report back when I have it.
Wat did it come to with shipping?
Old 08-27-2013, 04:16 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
Based on some of the upcoming releases, I "joined" their site. Adding the car to the checkout, it is 99 euro for the car, and was only showing 5 euro for shipping. Not certain the shipping is correct, but my profile has the US as the address--if that is the correct shipping charge, it is quite a deal.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
Yup, was 5 Euros, very reasonable for shipping from Europe. Most flee-bayers want 20 Euro for 1:18 diecasts.

But than again it has not yet arrived
Old 01-23-2014, 10:46 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

1:18 or LARGER 993 TARGA WANTED (scale car only (;-))

If anyone is interested in a trade for a CMC 300SLR or their new Ferrari 312P, I'm open to that. I'm out of space & need to cull as I add. And, when finished, the Pocher 993 will displace a few 1:18 cars.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:05 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Originally Posted by P-track
I will get the 964 RS model in red next week. If the model lives up to the (promising!) photo's we will order the 993 RS model and following editions as well. I will report back when the first comes in.
Pricey in Blue for a resin model that has no opening parts. I am interested in your opinion on quality since i might break down and buy it anyhow. Nothing like the exoto line but they are no longer reasonably priced either.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:18 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by VintageRacer477
1:18 or LARGER 993 TARGA WANTED (scale car only (;-))
The only one I know of is the UT Models 993 Targa in 1:18. They were made in red over tan, silver over black/dark grey, and dark blue over medium grey.

Here's a silver one in Europe on eBay. No affiliation. However that price might be a little ridiculous, I'm not sure. I've seen one go for about 50 before: no box but good condition.

You could build the Pocher 1:8 993 with a custom roof.

Take care,
Old 01-24-2014, 11:11 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
The only one I know of is the UT Models 993 Targa in 1:18. They were made in red over tan, silver over black/dark grey, and dark blue over medium grey.

Here's a silver one in Europe on eBay. No affiliation. However that price might be a little ridiculous, I'm not sure. I've seen one go for about 50 before: no box but good condition.

You could build the Pocher 1:8 993 with a custom roof.

Take care,
Thank you. It is a crazy price, especially when you add shipping.

I guess I need to ask, - how difficult would it be to take a UT Targa apart to paint to my choice of colors? The Bburago's are quite easy.

As for the Pocher, the plan is to at least leave the roof black. Need to experiment to see if that, or paint black. Only problem is the different shape of the rear part of the rear side windows - Coupe vs. Targa. We'll see as it develops.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:57 AM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Thank you. It is a crazy price, especially when you add shipping.

I guess I need to ask, - how difficult would it be to take a UT Targa apart to paint to my choice of colors? The Bburago's are quite easy.
It is quite crazy. Here's one that's just mostly crazy.

You can take them apart. The bottom screws that hold the floor to the body are all visible EXCEPT for two above the exhaust system. You need to pry out the exhaust system.

Painting shouldn't be too hard. Unlike most Bburagos (not sure on their 993 in particular), on the UT Models all the opening parts can be removed for easier painting and better coverage.

The hardest part would be the top. I think it is all one molded piece, and therefore you need to mask off the 'glass.' This is the same case for the windshield, which is molded in with the cowl and attached via screws.

Also, depending on the color combo, the interior may or may not be carpeted. (Most UT's had carpeting, but some didn't). Removing the carpeting can be hard, if it's even possible without melting the plastic below. So repainting the carpeting could prove difficult. The car linked above appears to have carpeting.

If you do decide to take apart a UT however, don't try to remove the wheels unless you're prepared for something to break.

As for the Pocher, the plan is to at least leave the roof black. Need to experiment to see if that, or paint black. Only problem is the different shape of the rear part of the rear side windows - Coupe vs. Targa. We'll see as it develops.
You could cut some out of side windows to make the sharper point that the Targa windows have. And you could cut out the top of the roof, leaving extra long C-pillars in place, kind of mimicking the Targa. You'd then need to custom make the roof and side glass.

Take care,
Old 01-25-2014, 05:40 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Originally Posted by FrenchToast

You can take them apart. The bottom screws that hold the floor to the body are all visible EXCEPT for two above the exhaust system. You need to pry out the exhaust system.

Painting shouldn't be too hard. Unlike most Bburagos (not sure on their 993 in particular), on the UT Models all the opening parts can be removed for easier painting and better coverage.

The hardest part would be the top. I think it is all one molded piece, and therefore you need to mask off the 'glass.' This is the same case for the windshield, which is molded in with the cowl and attached via screws.

Also, depending on the color combo, the interior may or may not be carpeted. (Most UT's had carpeting, but some didn't). Removing the carpeting can be hard, if it's even possible without melting the plastic below. So repainting the carpeting could prove difficult. The car linked above appears to have carpeting.

If you do decide to take apart a UT however, don't try to remove the wheels unless you're prepared for something to break.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:00 PM
VintageRacer477
Racer

Thanks to ZMan & FrenchToast, I now have a UT Targa in GP White like my 1:1 Targa that will soon be going back together.

Dis-assembly was relatively straight forward with great thanks to French Toast's instructions. I ran into some problems painting - LR fender reacted & wrinkled when sprayed with base coat. Re-sanded, primed & shot again. Came out ok.

Just finished clear coat. Inspection shows I missed the panel between engine lid & passenger compartment. Will have to re-do that spot. Rest looks good. Then I'l have to remove the liquid-mask on some areas.

One of these days, I'll post the various steps it has gone through. This week will be short as we head for Amelia. So, perhaps in a couple of weeks when it is all back together.

Took advantage of the painting to also paint the spoiler grille for the real Targa in GP White. It too is now clear-coated.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scale 993 models