Front Plate Bracket -- need help identifying OEM parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM
BLT
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Front Plate Bracket -- need help identifying OEM parts

Hi all.

I must soon find a front plate solution as in my town you will absolutely get ticketed. Yes, have pity on me

Attached (I hope) is the picture of the front Euro style bumper with the two mounting holes plugged. Also attached is the page on Pelican that has OEM options. I don't have the car yet so I can't measure the holes, etc. Do they look like the OEM style configuration?

I've talked to Jef at Inventiva and he's maybe willing to do to a batch of his cool plate holders but he doesn't think they'll work on my bumper.

cheers,
Attached Images   
Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Hey Brian...

The photo above is the same bumper as the one on my C4S and the Invetiva Bracket will fit. If you need another pic of it to see, just let me know.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 PM
BLT
Instructor

Thanks Philip! Yes a photo would be awesome - just IM to me or send to brian@spie.org. I looked at your car's album but I don't think you had the plate on it yet maybe.

I don't even have the car yet so I can't visualize how it attaches. I can't tell from Jef's instructions either.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

I dunno how to IM photos, but here are the only 2 photos I have of it. I did need to drill a few holes on the underside, but no one can ever see them:
Attached Images   
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

I found the factory bracket a bit weak. I span out during AX in November and the forces caused the thing to come loose from the bumper!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:18 PM
BLT
Instructor

Thx TheBen -- just from photos I've seen it looks not well engineered with only two fasten points.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 PM
J4yDubs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$34 for the OEM bracket? I've got one sitting here if you want it. It's just the bracket. You'll need the mounting hardware (at least the screws, but I'd use something between it and the bumper). You'll also need a frame. I have one, but you don't want it (it's black and the paint it chipping). I bought the car with front plates on it and don't need them here.

As for you question, is there any way to measure the space between the plugs? It looks about right for the outer holes, but it's hard to say with measuring.

Make sure you post picks of the new car when you get it. I've always liked the targas.

John

Edit: I just noticed you bought Mike's (MTS) Targa. Very nice car!

Trending Topics

Old 01-03-2013, 01:44 AM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

I went with a tow hook mountable plate from Rennline. Expensive for what it is...but very well made.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 PM
davePorsche
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

goofballdeluxe - really like the way you did that .. what bracket set up are you using told hold the plate.

previous owner of my car notched two holes right in the front of the bumper on mine.... i cant bring myself to mount a plate up there.. but also dont like having the holes there either.. really.. i cant believe someone did that to the front of this car!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by davePorsche
goofballdeluxe - really like the way you did that .. what bracket set up are you using told hold the plate.

previous owner of my car notched two holes right in the front of the bumper on mine.... i cant bring myself to mount a plate up there.. but also dont like having the holes there either.. really.. i cant believe someone did that to the front of this car!
davePorsche, the front plate bracket was made by a company called Invetiva. The OP is in the process of trying to get some people together for a group buy, as the company no longer makes the bracket, but has agreed to manufacture a small amount. You may want to contact him if you're interested. I believe the price is in the $50 range, and it is a quality piece of kit.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Kittenherder
4th Gear

^^^^^^^^ I'm the OP -- I've talked to Jef at Inventiva. He responded yesterday that he'll order the materials to make a batch of plates for those who want one. Said a couple weeks maybe.

I'll post back here when I hear they're ready.

Brian
Old 01-03-2013, 02:35 PM
BLT
Instructor

^^^^ OOPS. Was accidentally logged in from my earlier Rennlist account from before I became a "real" member. Confusing!

Brian aka BLT
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 PM
BLT
Instructor

J4yDubs: Thanks!

After looking at a lot of past posts I think I've figured out all the hardware involved in the OEM plate. Yes if you could shoot me that bracket I'll buy the mounting hardware. That will at least get me on the road until the Inventiva bracket is available.

I'll send you a PM with details.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM
J4yDubs
Instructor

Originally Posted by BLT
Yes if you could shoot me that bracket I'll buy the mounting hardware. That will at least get me on the road until the Inventiva bracket is available.
Got your PM. I'll try to send it out this weekend. As for hardware, you're really just going to need some screws, spacers (optional, but I'd recommend it), and a plate frame. You can probably get most of those from an automotive store.

John
Old 01-08-2013, 12:55 PM
BLT
Instructor

I just started a Group Buy thread here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...e-bracket.html

Quick Reply: Front Plate Bracket -- need help identifying OEM parts