Interior Makeover

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:26 PM
XavierLaFlamme
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KT
Better Pictures added on Pg 3.

8 months after I got the car, the interior is finally almost finished. The car started out with the classic grey interior, that I think doesn't go well with a white car. The PO had some Sparco installed that were way too low and not very comfortable for me. I figured I would just redye the interior black and as the winter project. Then it went out of hand...

The other part of the story is that, I love those singer cars but don't have the fund to actually have one of those. Talking to my buddy Maz over there gave me a few ideas. So I ended up with this laundry list:

Charcoal German Square Weave Carpet - Classic9
Rear seat delete, but kept the rear deck and side bolsters
1/8" Foam/Vinyl Noise Barriers - Cascade
Full leather interior with silver stitching - Classic9
Pole Position Leather with silver stitching - Recaro
Lower Dash - Rennline
Switch Place - Rennline
Prototipo Steering Wheel - Momo
Pedals and Floor Board - Rennline
Center Console Delete
Stereo Delete
Door Card - Appbiz
Door Lock Pull - Appbiz
Door Handle - PorscheShop
Door Lock **** - Rennline
Door wiring harness removed
Manual Window - FVD

Still need to do in the future for the interior:
Delete all unused dash switch
New middle dash cover, thinking about custom anodized black aluminum
Mounting the fire extinguisher in front of the shifter
Custom anodized black aluminum plate for cover/trim around the shifter and hand brake

But this coming winter/spring I want to sort out the suspension first: RS ARB and Upright, RS rear bushing.

For now, need to replace the clutch slave cylinder (again, had an epic fail doing that on the weekend, broke a new slave cylinder and took a bath in brake fluid), and drive the sh*t out of the car!

Here are some iPad pictures, will take some proper one once I clean everything up.

Enjoy, and thanks for all the people here for inspiration and help!
You inspired me a while ago and now I have starting tearing it all out. Fun!

Name:  image-691666056.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  512.5 KB

--Michael
Old 07-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Bola964
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,
I'm planning to do the same mods (slim dash and buttons plate), but still wanted to have some music in the car, so what did you do to replace the radio?
I was thinking about an Iphone/Ipod connector, but connected to what??
Any ideas/suggestions?
Also, if you lose the glove compartment, the center console, and the door pockets, what was the solution for the "daily load"?
Thanks,
Rodrigo.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:10 AM
993KT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep a man purse behind/under my seat. You can also source a proper glove box from Europe where they have factory non airbag cars. I think it is still a hassle to get that to work though.

I replaced the stereo with some fister exhaust system. Otherwise you can google hidden car stereo. There is stuff people hide in their vintage cars. I suppose any car stereo with a remote might work. We took a portable iPod player once for a long trip. It's a bit hill billy, and we ended up not using it anyway.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:16 AM
993KT
Racer

I am so happy to see all the people doing the center console delete! I got ADHD,ed into doing suspension mod, so I still haven't done anything to trim up the shifter and ebrake. I have some ideas though. If anyone has pictures, I would like to see them as well. The singer style seems to be the easiest: just cut off the front of the original center console.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:10 PM
daltvater
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bola964
Awesome mods!

993KT and daltvater,
Could you please post pictures of the center console area (gear ebrake, etc) after mods?
A view from the back seat area would be nice too.
Thank you.
Cheers,
Rodrigo.
Not the greatest pics but here ya go...

Old 07-12-2013, 03:08 AM
oysteinw
Advanced

Inspiring thread! I have the black/marble grey interior in my C2, but after removing the rear seats and installing a Heigo rollcage and Recaro Pole Positions, I have been thinking about modding my interior to look a bit more RS-like. Where is the best place to buy RS doorpanels and carpets?
Old 02-09-2014, 02:48 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

very nicely done .. thanks for the pics!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:47 PM
nowata
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Still a good idea?

The OP has done what I've envisioned for my car since I picked it up last year. It looks fabulous.

However have the values of these cars climbed past the point where this would now devalue the car or turn away potential buyers? I get the whole "it's your car do what you want" perspective. But I don't want to do the equivalent of a six tail lite mid year corvette.

In short, can we no longer mess with these cars?

What I envision:
Rs door panels
Satin silver toggle switches on dash (like from a bonanza)
Alcantara dash top and lower panel
Console delete
Gt3 or vintage seats
Satin silver gauge rings
Floor pans similar to OP
Old 11-03-2015, 11:30 PM
XavierLaFlamme
Rennlist Member

I think this is a good question. From my perspective, I love the car and don't ever want to sell it. So doing it makes sense because I use it all the time.

For those who get the itch to jump around from car to car I hardly see the whole makeover thing as worth it. I think the original interior is fine. However, I have always wanted much less in my car interiors so this was my way of making it right for me.

When you take out the center console, you will at the very least have to bend some metal parts down and carpet over them if you want it to look cool.

Also the lower dash was a pain in the behind to get out. Putting all that stuff back in just to sell it seems like a waste of time and most likely money when you inevitably break something.

--Michael

Originally Posted by waydeki
The OP has done what I've envisioned for my car since I picked it up last year. It looks fabulous.

However have the values of these cars climbed past the point where this would now devalue the car or turn away potential buyers? I get the whole "it's your car do what you want" perspective. But I don't want to do the equivalent of a six tail lite mid year corvette.

In short, can we no longer mess with these cars?

What I envision:
Rs door panels
Satin silver toggle switches on dash (like from a bonanza)
Alcantara dash top and lower panel
Console delete
Gt3 or vintage seats
Satin silver gauge rings
Floor pans similar to OP
Old 11-04-2015, 06:05 PM
davidwilson11
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question, how well does the rennlist foot pedals and boards last up in use? Do they scratch?
Old 11-05-2015, 12:12 AM
XavierLaFlamme
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by davidwilson11
Quick question, how well does the rennlist foot pedals and boards last up in use? Do they scratch?
From my experience, very well. I powder coated mine though. They are pretty solid and built well. The pedals show wear but not much and I drive that car everyday.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Medusa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

very nice interior!

Quick Reply: Interior Makeover