Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anyone seen the new 2013 Boxster?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, this crowd knows how to run with a red herring like a turbo wing.

I don't understand how the marque's "second best car" argument is relevant to a bang/buck discussion. It's worth the dough or it's not, regardless of what else they make.

And the "slushbox" is a pretty tired and inaccurate line these days. If you don't want the car to shift for you, and you don't want to do it yourself via buttons, don't buy the PDK. But also don't suggest that it's a performance drag. It obviously isn't at this point.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:01 AM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Personally, I could never spend $80K on a marque's 2nd place also-ran car that they purposely keep underpowered as to not compete with the 991.

Similarly, I feel sad for anyone spending over $90K for a non-S 991. All that money for not the best car?

Why spend all that money for the not-quite-good-enough car? I'd rather spend less money on another marque's flagship car that they didn't try to neuter for marketing/political reasons.
wow I think you just put it all into perspective for me
Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 AM
osugasman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the new Boxster parked outside at dealer yesterday. Still not impressed. Expected more with the scallop on the side. Interior too panamera for me (yeah, I prefer the 997 to 991 as well). Very happy with my 993. Enjoyed thrashing it on some back roads last night with a giant grin on my face. Still more fun than a 440 hwp C6 convertible. Much more engaging. I'm not looking back.

With a huge garage and unlimited funds, it would be a nice addition. I bet it drives flawlessly--the last boxster did. Just not my cup of tea.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen the new 2013 Boxster?