Leaking...water in passenger footwell

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:28 AM
tctung
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oysteinw
How did it go?

I'm quite a 993-rookie myself (bhought the car a couple of weeks ago) and have recently discovered that the soundproofing under the carpets in the drivers footwell was really soaked(!). The car has been parked outside since the purchase and has been exposed to some heavy rain showers during the last 5-6 days.

I'm planning to let the dealer workshop have a look at it. After all; this is a 420.000NKR (about 70.000USD) car up here, so I was quite worried when discovering this. I've been told that both rear and front windscreens have been replaced at some point and that there have been some minor rust-fixes below the front windscreen (typical issue?).

My car is a '94 C2 with 84000 miles on the clock.

Regards,
Oystein
Yes, rust below the front windscreen and/or at the seam where the fender's upper meets the body (the seam is covered by a plastic decor strip) is a common issue. Also, you should make sure that the water-drain holes at the gutters of your sun roof are not clogged by dirt. Also, water drain hole in aircond fan box may be clogged by dirt.

You can take many dry newpapers and tape them together like wallpapers around the whole interior of your car, including the roof. Park the car outside to get a heavy rain shower for about an hour. Then you will know where the leak is. Then get a sure fix.

Quick Reply: Leaking...water in passenger footwell