Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anybody have pictures of front bumper install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:53 PM
WBYonder
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Anybody have pictures of front bumper install?

In particular, I'm looking for pictures showing the proper positioning of the sealing wedges. A friend is installing his bumper and we have looked in the archives, but all the posts on this subject that we found only describe how/where to place these foam pieces. They also say to use the outline of where the old sealing wedges were, but we don't have any glue stains/residue to use to place them. Also, the PET isn't particularly helpful in showing the proper positioning of these wedges. If anyone has pictures showing the proper placement of these sealing wedges, please share.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 05-20-2012, 01:21 AM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this help:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...nder-seam.html
Old 05-20-2012, 01:26 AM
firesm
Pro

This also may be of interest if you are using new beading:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...over-part.html
Old 05-20-2012, 11:37 AM
WBYonder
Drifting

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see the sealing wedges in any of those links. Here is a picture of the new parts next to the old ones.

Rob

Name:  simage001.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  57.7 KB
Old 05-20-2012, 02:46 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 120 Posts

I was interested to know as well, so I searched all rennlist for an answer. It kills me to see several posts where the OP asks your same question, somewhat finds someone who sends him a photo, and they never post the answer on the board.
Anyway, just found the answer in the workshop manual sealing wedges (encircled) :
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2012, 08:37 PM
WBYonder
Drifting

Geolab,

Thanks, that's the most useful visualization I've seen. Which page in the workshop manual did that come from? I saw a similar diagram on page 63-2, but it differed in a few details, including the detail on placement of the foam plugs.

Thanks again for the help and thanks again to RL for helping enthusiasts in need.

Rob
Old 05-20-2012, 09:09 PM
firesm
Pro

Rob - Oops, I see what you are looking for now... I guess I shouldn't reply to posts late on a Saturday night - not the best thinking going on, if you know what I mean. I gave you those links because I thought you were asking about the front bumper seal, not the foam parts.

George you're absolutely right - there are several threads on these foam pieces with no real answer ever really posted about positioning...
Old 05-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Yeah, I used the same picture when doing the turbo's front bumper - the wedges were non-existent, so I used the diagram. If you look at the structure of the oil cooler for instance, you can see the longer foam strips seal the bottom, and the upper wedge is to make sure all the air goes through the cooler.

I used a trim adhesive to glue the foam on, and then mounted the bumper after that adhesive cured. Seemed to work fine.

Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply: Anybody have pictures of front bumper install?