Sponsored by:

PAID!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,414 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by kjr914
(just realized I may have misinterpreted the Quad/Chsu74 interchange, but what my brain deciphered as was much funnier than the most likely reality, so I'm sticking with my version!)
ha, you did in fact misinterpret, but I agree its funnier the way it reads.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by inkatouring
While I found this thread to very interesting, I have to admit that the only I am able to afford my car habit is by selling myself to rich Hollywood widows. I think that counts as earning the money, but it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Well, maybe not bitter, more like -- well never mind, I've said too much already.
Pics or....

PS: Congrats Sicko! tis a wondrous feeling.

to everyone else, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, everyone else is entitled to disagree or agree.

Also, not one of us has/had control over who are parents are/were, or the amount of financial security they bestowed upon us, or not. What we do have control over is what decisions we make regarding that security, or lack thereof, and those are based on our individual opinions. While we may not agree, we don't have to knock each other because of it.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,747 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
So true. I'm fortunate to live in a part of the country where home ownership without a mortgage, on a single salary, is a real possibility. If I was unlucky enough to lose my job I could live very comfortably without the stress of servicing home/car/student loans. I attribute the lack of any grey hair at the age of 48 to my current financial state.
damn, where you live?
i live in a part of the country where home ownership without mortgage, even with double income is not a possibility until you are the top 1% of that 1%.

i need to move.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:10 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Used to live in San Francisco before moving to Dallas TX for work. I was a home owner there but no way that would be possible on an average single salary. Trader Joes is arriving this year. Really miss that store since I left the Bay Area 9 years ago.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:24 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

Congrats Sicko! Very cool feeling!

Heck I'm not a trust fund kid, nor did my parents help me but thank god for my tax-free income! I feel special and fortunate to be in this position of savings but I too emphasize with JD Hertz on the lust for cars weaning...

Its true that when you require a loan for something you tend to reach for the stars whereas when you've paid off your car via available means it does dilute the fact or importance of that car. Not saying I don't appreciate my new to me 993 (LOVE IT!) but it wasn't that hard to afford and I could have bought a more expensive vehicle. This isn't a my pecker is bigger than yours brag session but it is interesting how the thought process changes.

Even better was how quickly this thread degenerated but regained itself towards this point. LOL
Old 03-09-2012, 03:55 PM
porsita
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get her an Alfa spider she'll love it
Old 03-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, Sicko; that's a satisfying feeling.

I've lost that drive...JDHertz11
Or maybe you've just reached the point where you're content with what you have. If I came into unlimited funds tomorrow, there's really nothing much I would buy.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM
speedy88
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Sicko! I hope to be debt-free in the future or hit the lottery! :-)

Let's all be friends and enjoy this commercial:

Quick Reply: PAID!