Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PAID!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all good. I have enjoyed this thread and it went as I had hoped: Entertaining and informative regardless of what income bracket you are in. However I must add that while I *could* have afforded a 993TT, I went for the C2S instead by choice, not funds. I think many other C2S and C4S owners have done the same for numerous reasons. -Not to get into a sword fight, just sharing an alternative point of view. The great thing about the Porsche community is that there are members and owners from all walks of life that are great people. One of the funniest and interesting people I met in the past year drove a clapped out 914-6. Little did I know at the time that he had more in the bank than most people make in ten years and both his homes were paid for as well as all the collector cars in his garages.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Since this keeps coming up and none of you seem to learn, according to RL law only rich people should be allowed to drive Porsches. Especially 15 year old 993s. Shame on you commoners for thinking you deserve anything other than mediocrity.

Now give that 993 back to a rich person who deserves it and get back into your Tercel.

Oh yeah, and congrats, Sicko!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

What the **** is going on here? I'm away for a few weeks on and off high on pain meds and the worlds gone wild... I'm calling the Dr. for a new script and going back to my hole...
Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

When we moved back to Calif in 2008, my wife talked me into paying cash for the new house. I wanted to go 1/2 down and keep the rest on hand for other "things". In retrospect, I'm glad I gave in; being totally debt free is kind of liberating.

But damn, that F430 Scuderia would've been sweet!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
being totally debt free is kind of liberating.
So true. I'm fortunate to live in a part of the country where home ownership without a mortgage, on a single salary, is a real possibility. If I was unlucky enough to lose my job I could live very comfortably without the stress of servicing home/car/student loans. I attribute the lack of any grey hair at the age of 48 to my current financial state.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
I attribute the lack of any grey hair at the age of 48 to my current financial state.
Maybe it's true for you, but I don't have much hair or debt.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Resident Sicko
Finally got the title for our 993 C2S today after paying it off a few weeks ago.

'Tis a great feeling being debt free...(Except for Mortgage and STOOOOPID Student loans)

Tempted to go out and get my wife something she "deserves" but is still in love with her Fiat 500.

Maybe a early 70s 911 "driver" is in order. Thoughts?
Congrats! Got my free and clear paper just the other day. So proud to own the car and to have paid for it all with hard work.

Originally Posted by LimeyBoy
Sweet coincidence, just got my title through today now the loan is paid off. Feels good, as you say. I also have a late 60's early 70's itch (I have tons of car itches I will one day scratch) but I'd need a loan for a bigger garage first!
congrats Limey...now we have both sides of the state paid, free and clear.

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
On a separate note that is more relevant...had I not been able to afford a 993tt with cash I wouldn't have bought one...but rather a 964 or nb 993. Point being I won't take a loan for a car
Why do you want to sour every single thread with your negativity? Your bathroom must smell real fine...because appaerantly your **** don't stink.

He is HAPPY. LIMEY is happy. I am happy. We paid off our cars! YA-HOO!!! By the way, for someone that thinks things should be paid for you haven't paid a cent to Rennlist. Hollow words.
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:28 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by ABCar
By the way, for someone that thinks things should be paid for you haven't paid a cent to Rennlist. Hollow words.
About as ironic as giving others' financial advice while being subsidized by one's parents until college age
Old 03-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Resident Sicko
Finally got the title for our 993 C2S today after paying it off a few weeks ago.

'Tis a great feeling being debt free...(Except for Mortgage and STOOOOPID Student loans)

Tempted to go out and get my wife something she "deserves" but is still in love with her Fiat 500.

Maybe a early 70s 911 "driver" is in order. Thoughts?
Originally Posted by ttw18
Why do people feel compelled to share that "I paid cash for mine" on threads like these? Good for you guys! That's not what this thread is about. Props to the original poster, I recognize the accomplishment.
Originally Posted by Cactus
Some non baller types like myself like to enjoy the finer things as well.
First off, congrat's Sicko. My mortage was gone in 08, that was when I started my car hunt.

well, where does my ownership fall? I have clear title to my car, but borrowed from the home equity to pay for it. Come on you mid to top 99%ers, tell me?

Honestly, when these threads turn to "I only pay cash for my toys" bull****, I question why I spend so much time here. If I wanted to share time with the "beautiful" Porsche people, I'd attend more of my local PCA functions.

I've had numerous personal correspondence with a handful of rennlisters who are legimate Captions of Industry. Their annual vacations cost more than I make in a year, let alone their second, third, hell even forth house being worth more than my TOTAL net worth.

But you know what, I have never read where a single one of them declare(brag?) that they only pay cash for their toys. They have been gracious to me at all points of my time here, sharing personal pictures, and stories with me. They have proven to me, and many others here, that they are passionate, yet gracious, considerate, and kind. They are quite often the first to welcome a new owner, or comment positively about a "look at my new mod" thread.

Enough of this only pay cash bull****, really...enough. It completely undermines the spirit and comraderie that this site is known for. You want to brag about your success, your financial prowess, your almost divine personal finance standards-do it some other F'en place.

This blue collar solid middle class Union Electrician listened to his father, who said "a working man will have nothing, unless he goes into debt"

Well, a life long work ethic, dedication, and pride in my work, has rewarded me greatly. Having stellar credit has allowed me to have a beautiful home, drive nice vehicles, a **** load of expensive bicycles, and provide for and watch grow my beautiful 11 year old daughter.

So in closing, thank you(in no specific order) Oneida Valley National Bank, Oneida Savings Bank, Alliance Bank NA, Chase, Ford Motor Credit, Key Bank, and Bank of America. I couldn't have done it without you. Oh and in case any bank managers are reading this, keep your pencils sharp...cause I'll have to borrow to buy that $7K mtn bike I got my eye on-that's almost $3K off list, too good of a deal to pass up isn't it?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:54 PM
AFKC
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

These pissing matches are funny to read, but really...who cares if a person pays cash or finances. Everyone has different goals/passions/expenses/assets/income

I think we all enjoy the porsche brand though...
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 215 Likes on 132 Posts

Congrats! It is truly a great feeling.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
993James993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats Sicko!

Otherwise this thread is kind of like having RLOT in the 993 forum.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 PM
AFKC
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

and congrats sicko!! forgot to say that in last post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:10 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
First off, congrat's Sicko. My mortage was gone in 08, that was when I started my car hunt.

well, where does my ownership fall? I have clear title to my car, but borrowed from the home equity to pay for it. Come on you mid to top 99%ers, tell me?

Honestly, when these threads turn to "I only pay cash for my toys" bull****, I question why I spend so much time here. If I wanted to share time with the "beautiful" Porsche people, I'd attend more of my local PCA functions.

I've had numerous personal correspondence with a handful of rennlisters who are legimate Captions of Industry. Their annual vacations cost more than I make in a year, let alone their second, third, hell even forth house being worth more than my TOTAL net worth.

But you know what, I have never read where a single one of them declare(brag?) that they only pay cash for their toys. They have been gracious to me at all points of my time here, sharing personal pictures, and stories with me. They have proven to me, and many others here, that they are passionate, yet gracious, considerate, and kind. They are quite often the first to welcome a new owner, or comment positively about a "look at my new mod" thread.

Enough of this only pay cash bull****, really...enough. It completely undermines the spirit and comraderie that this site is known for. You want to brag about your success, your financial prowess, your almost divine personal finance standards-do it some other F'en place.

This blue collar solid middle class Union Electrician listened to his father, who said "a working man will have nothing, unless he goes into debt"

Well, a life long work ethic, dedication, and pride in my work, has rewarded me greatly. Having stellar credit has allowed me to have a beautiful home, drive nice vehicles, a **** load of expensive bicycles, and provide for and watch grow my beautiful 11 year old daughter.

So in closing, thank you(in no specific order) Oneida Valley National Bank, Oneida Savings Bank, Alliance Bank NA, Chase, Ford Motor Credit, Key Bank, and Bank of America. I couldn't have done it without you. Oh and in case any bank managers are reading this, keep your pencils sharp...cause I'll have to borrow to buy that $7K mtn bike I got my eye on-that's almost $3K off list, too good of a deal to pass up isn't it?
Yes, and thank you CFCU, Arcadia bank, MY DAD, GLCU, PenFed...

Well put Mag...
And to all those about hating these cheap pissing matches, I can't tell you how many times I have written pissy posts and erased them before submiting in the name of honoring this great place. I hate myself in the morning when I get sucked in.
BUT, Resident Sicko so happily shared his pride and happiness at paying off his loan that I am sure he worked hard for. Same with Limey, and me too. I was going to make the same type of post the other day when my clear title came int he mail but thought, no, guys like QC will flame it. And what do you know.

This is such a great place and sometimes I just gotta say, STFU. 99% of the people here are great contributors who have helped others out of enthusiasm and love of the marque.

This thread is probably irretrieveable...but cheers to the borrowers, and the Porsche lovers.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Spidey 993

Another "Quadism" thread down the shidder

Quick Reply: PAID!