993 Forum 1995-1998

T-Lock keyless entry by Tore=awesome/easy DIY

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 AM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 122 Posts
Default T-Lock keyless entry by Tore=awesome/easy DIY

purchased the keyless entry from Tore and installed it yesterday. I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a keyless entry. It is SOOOOOO nice to not have to use the key. Especially since my key didn't work very smoothly. Tore provides everything needed and great directions. I am not great with electrical stuff at all and it was even easy for me. It shows exactly which wire you connect to for lock, unlock, and turn signal blinking for confirm. The quality of the remotes are top notch. You don't have to cut any wires. Very easy. My car is a 95 without the immobilizer so I can't say how different it would be with the immobilizer. Thanks Tore.
Attached Images   
Old 02-25-2012, 12:14 PM
TravisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a website or something? Google isn't bringing anything up for me..
Old 02-25-2012, 12:42 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 122 Posts

Here it is. http://privat.bluezone.no/toreb2000/t-productsEN.html
Old 02-26-2012, 05:05 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 236 Posts

Thank you for the feedback 996scott, I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed my product.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 02-26-2012, 09:30 AM
simsy
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Tore

I like the look of your remotes vs. the cheap factory ones. My car is a '98 Carrera S with immobilizer and the factory alarm/ remotes. Will your kit work on my car...or can I program the remotes to?

thanks for your insights

A
Old 02-26-2012, 10:20 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Hi simsy, no I'm sorry, these remotes will only work with the T-Lock receiver, not the factory Porsche system.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 02-26-2012, 11:25 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Scott,
Nice to see this alternative out there. When I purchased my 993 in '05, one of the first things I did was to remove the 'Ungo' keyless entry. It was not factory, so it had to go. If I remember correctly, I donated it to Sooner (Brian) for use in his '95.

After years of using the key to open my doors, I may actually reverse course and install this system...

Andreas
Old 02-26-2012, 11:56 AM
TravisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996scott

Great...just great. Yet another website that I want one of everything on! Haha.

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2012, 01:54 PM
osugasman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

96 C4S on its way. Just bookmarked the site. Very nice!!!

--Brian
Old 02-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

After over a year, I still press my key expecting the locks to open....hmmmm!

Although, I also like the thought of the OBD connector and adapter-that may take priority. Great looking products!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:56 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by osugasman
96 C4S on its way. Just bookmarked the site. Very nice!!!

--Brian
The car has factory keyless entry on it and the immobilizer already. It works fine, you shouldn't need to worry about Brian. But if this system does work with cars equipped with immobilizer it'll be a lot cheaper installing this than repairing the factory keyless entry if it ever went.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:44 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

I've decided to start a special Rennlist deal, orders are welcome!
Rennlisters get the T-Light for USD110.
In addition to this, there's a USD10 discount when ordering two products, and USD20 when ordering three.
See my website for details, and please use the Rennlisters Paypal button for any T-Light orders.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 02-26-2012, 03:50 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

By the way, cars with Porsche Immobilizer need the original remote transmitter to work. Using it will of course open the doors, but also send a signal to the engine control allowing you to start the engine. The car will not start without it.
Installing an aftermarket keyless entry in addition to this will enable you to remotely open the doors, but the engine won't start unless you use the Porsche key fob.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 02-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Jacke2c
Formerly turbotwoshoes
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Smile Just ordered mine!

Thanks Tore... I just paypaled you he funds. I look forward to having keyless for my 964!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:14 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to add my story and install notes.

Cant thank Tore enough, great support and product all the way from Oslo.
Shipping was quick, very good communication and fast to answer pre- and post purchase questions.

The installation took a little less than an hour. I work very slowly.

I did not disconnect the battery per his instructions, I felt it was easier to manage the electric seat position to gain access to the seat bolts. Use due caution if you decide to do this with the battery connected...

Removing the seat takes about 5 minutes and gives you infinite room to do a clean, careful install. Doing so should alleviate the need for any cursing during the installation.

Remove the 6 seat bolts, you'll need a 6mm allen key socket for your wrench.

carefully scoot the seat up to give your arm more clearance and follow the seat power wire to its connector (red). it just lifts straight up off the pins (green).

carefully lift the seat up and out. It's not too heavy, but I recommend putting towels all around the door and jamb in case you slip because its a little unwieldy.

The yellow control box is what we are going for here.
As I bonus I discovered an unused cigarette lighter that belonged to the car to replace the used one that was already in the dash. YMMV on what you discover.

Using a 9mm socket remove the plastic lug from the post in the floor that secures the lock control module. Slide the module out along with its wires.

You're going to work with wires on the black and yellow connectors. I did not need to disconnect them from the box. I used 3M wire taps (included) to tap the wires.
** a note on wiring here ** there are different variants for wiring, but in my case there are two always on 12v feeds to the Porsche Lock Control Module. pin 1 and 3. The solid red one is fused at pin 3. The Red/Yellow at pin one is not fused. So for 12v power I tapped into Red at pin 3. Tore's instructions are very clear, and all the other wires matched up with no trouble. His device also has a built in fuse.

Once everything is hooked up, six wires, neaten the wiring and reinstall the lock control box. I wrapped the wires in a plastic loom, tucked them away, then secured with zip ties.

I anchored the T-Lock Control module to the floor by cleaning both surfaces with alcohol, then attaching industrial (EZ-pass) type velcro to both sides of the T-Lock unit like feet. It wont shake or vibrate around down there, and if it needs to be removed for service it can be popped out. I secured the antenna with a small zip tie to the module itself.

Reinstall the seat and any zip ties removed previously from the factory looms. Reinstall the seat power connector and check seat function. Make sure when you move the seat through its range of motion that the seat power wires do not get jammed up on anything, like unit you just installed.

The T-Lock works great. The remote is very unobtrusive, and subtle. It has a surprising amount of weight to it since its made of polished metal which makes it feel good in your hands. The cars parking lights 'blink' during lock and unlock. Pushing the lock also arms the alarm which is a nice touch.

Very easy install, very happy with the product.

Quick Reply: T-Lock keyless entry by Tore=awesome/easy DIY