993 Forum 1995-1998

Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by aclt993
Once I have the car in my possession I will reveal the shop. The last thing I would want is for a fellow Rennlister to go through what I'm going through. Any body have any idea where I should take to be completed ?
If you are anywhere close to Beverly Hills, try my shop. Some other RL'ers go there, and we all swear by these great mechanics at this shop. You will get other recommends, but no shop does better work for a better price.

The shop is called "200 N. Motorworks". It is owned by two brothers who are Porsche factory-trained and used to work at Beverly Hills Porsche; they opened their own shop 20 years ago, and they specialize in air-cooled Porsches.

The number is (310)358-5521. Ask for Mark. Tell him Philip in the 1996 C4S sent you. I can assure you'll get no run around there.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Redblurr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Fox 3
Rennlist Member

Received 695 Likes on 390 Posts

Great shop in Laguna Nigel is John's Foreign Car -- owner Russ.

Best mechanic I've ever come across. Just a bit of a ways from you....
Old 02-29-2012, 11:14 PM
aclt993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the names of shops. Laguna a little far to go , I talked to TRE so I will visit them tomorrow and I will call 200 N. Motorsports and does anybody know a shop called TLG ?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Spidey 993

I used these guys for a PPI/Leakdown/Cimpression. Total cost for all was $350. He was extremely thorough, didn't miss a beat. Get this, refunded me $50 to make it $300 total because he felt like the Riv Blu cab was in such great shape he felt he was overcharging me for unneeded items.

What? Anyway A++ in my book

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Once I have the car in my possession I will reveal the shop. The last thing I would want is for a fellow Rennlister to go through what I'm going through. Any body have any idea where I should take to be completed ?
If you are anywhere close to Beverly Hills, try my shop. Some other RL'ers go there, and we all swear by these great mechanics at this shop. You will get other recommends, but no shop does better work for a better price.

The shop is called "200 N. Motorworks". It is owned by two brothers who are Porsche factory-trained and used to work at Beverly Hills Porsche; they opened their own shop 20 years ago, and they specialize in air-cooled Porsches.

The number is (310)358-5521. Ask for Mark. Tell him Philip in the 1996 C4S sent you. I can assure you'll get no run around there.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the names of shops. Laguna a little far to go , I talked to TRE so I will visit them tomorrow and I will call 200 N. Motorsports and does anybody know a shop called TLG ?
TRE is a fantastic shop - they are very reliable, get cars done on time and are very reasonably priced. Dave and Jeremy are super knowledgeable and will get done whatever you need.

Good Luck!

Damien
Old 07-30-2012, 01:26 AM
aclt993
Rennlist Member

Believe it or not I'm still living in hell. Things have gone from bad to ..are you effing kidding me. After negotiations broke down , I contacted BAR , who came in and kicked the hornets nest and then closed the claim because they could not deal with the the owner. What good are they ??? Since then I have not even seen my car since he has moved it to storage unit that I don't know the location of . I have called the police , my insurance company, the city attorney , and anyone else who will hear my story. I have retained a lawyer in hopes of some resolution , but I'm not dealing with a reasonable person. Be aware that once you sign a work order at a shop they have all the power.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:39 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Wow, what a nightmare. I am beyond curious to know what shop this is.

So sorry to hear this. When/if you get your car back, let us know.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:11 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 665 Likes on 463 Posts

After negotiations broke down...
What is there to negotiate?

You took your car in for an engine/transmission rebuild some 9 1/2 months ago.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Toto111
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely unacceptable. I find it amazing that you have no immediate recourse after 9 1/2 months. I'm not sure how things work in the states but I would imagine there would be some sort of consumer law protecting you against shops like this.

Is the car still with the shop? Why would it be in storage?
Why is this guy not "named and shamed"?

Once upon a time............... let's not go there!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:30 PM
badabing
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

Who is BAR? What has happened in the last 5 months? Is this place still in business? Why are they hiding your car?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

At this point you might as well disclose the name of the shop.

Last thing you want is to have others get work done from them and possibly jerked around too. Unbelievable what has taken place!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:55 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 440 Likes on 186 Posts

I feel for the OP! Unreal...

Creepy though that this topic has come up as I'm about to do the same thing tomorrow (try and retrieve my car). The guy who runs the shop was sacked today and I only trust him with my car so I'm off to pull it out of the shop tomorrow.

Literally days before I leave for Canada!!!

OP keep your chin up and fight those bast_rds!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:37 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 351 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Help

aclt993,

Your posts have been somewhat cryptic...

So as you notified the police, city attorney, retained your own counsel, etc. What did they say, or what have they done?

What is the name of the shop? Are you concerned that once you name it, your bargaining position with the shop will be weakened? If so, how much worse a hand do you need to be holding before you change your mind?

When you last chat w/ the mechanic/owner, what did he say? What reason did he offer for the delay?

And what happened between your last post from 2/29 to today? So you put up with not having your car for an additional 7mos, and not utter a word on this board? What changed today that make you decide to rekindle the subject matter here?

There is potentially a lot fellow RLs can learn from your mishap...

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:32 AM
aclt993
Rennlist Member

Thank you all for your concern , I will try to answer all your questions. BAR is the Bureau of Automotive Repair , the better business bureau for cars here in California. I opened a claim against the shop with BAR who spent about six weeks trying to resolve the situation with no resolution. They sent me letter saying that they closed the case and I should seek counsel. The police , city attorney, and BAR all say that this is a civil matter not criminal. I haven't posted in a long time concerning this because it has consumed all my time and caused me great duress. After six months of renting cars I had to go out and buy another car since I see no end in sight. Now that this has turned into a legal matter I don't want to give this shop any leverage in a liable matter so I don't want to name them. I would be more than happy to discuss my situation with my fellow Rennlisters between the hours of 8am to 4pm pst. 818-674-6952

Quick Reply: Help