Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:08 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

That's horrible. I hope you get your car back and everything ends well. I think I speak for all LA area RL'ers when I say I'm very curious what shop you went to, but I understand you keeping it to yourself right now. Good luck with everything.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:01 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by aclt993
The police , city attorney, and BAR all say that this is a civil matter not criminal.
Since you cannot even locate your car and they won't give it back to you in whatever state it is in, this sounds like theft to me and that makes it a criminal matter.

I think its time to get the Louisville Slugger out of the closet and put it to good use.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 189 Posts

Thank you all for your concern , I will try to answer all your questions. BAR is the Bureau of Automotive Repair , the better business bureau for cars here in California. I opened a claim against the shop with BAR who spent about six weeks trying to resolve the situation with no resolution. They sent me letter saying that they closed the case and I should seek counsel. The police , city attorney, and BAR all say that this is a civil matter not criminal. I haven't posted in a long time concerning this because it has consumed all my time and caused me great duress. After six months of renting cars I had to go out and buy another car since I see no end in sight. Now that this has turned into a legal matter I don't want to give this shop any leverage in a liable matter so I don't want to name them. I would be more than happy to discuss my situation with my fellow Rennlisters between the hours of 8am to 4pm pst. 818-674-6952
Thanks for the reply. I understand your predicament now. Pardon my original post if it sounds curt. I wish you all the best and hope you can recover your car and find a good shop to finish the repair.

I agree w/ Alex this should now be a criminal matter. Taking forever to repair is one thing, moving the car to a location unknown to the owner without further notice is theft.

Please keep us posted.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:16 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Thank you all for your concern , I will try to answer all your questions.,,,,,,,,,,,
So, what ever happened?

Quick Reply: Help