Old 10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Default 9m's Marc at Rennsport Reunion with JP & SpeedArena

Hot news folks:

Since I'm unfortunately away in Spain next week on a Motec conversion mission, this week I've finally managed to convince Marc to brave the 13 hour flight to San Francisco (via Paris) at 6:00am tomorrow to get him there on time to meet up with JP and join him with SpeedArena at the Rennsport Reunion.

I've been telling him over and over how great you folks are, how well you are going to look after him and how many awesome cars he is going to see at Rennsport, so please don'e let me down! Have a great trip Marc, I can't say that I'm not deeply envious.......

So all you good folks who are going to be there and are interested in meeting up with the guy responsible for building the first 9m93 Speedster S in the 'States, this is who you should be looking out for over the weekend:
Attached Images    
Old 10-12-2011, 02:15 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Hot news folks:

Since I'm unfortunately away in Spain next week on a Motec conversion mission, this week I've finally managed to convince Marc to brave the 13 hour flight to San Francisco (via Paris) at 6:00am tomorrow to get him there on time to meet up with JP and join him with SpeedArena at the Rennsport Reunion.
Yes ... we intend to 'put on the dog' try a few of my new 'Manchester' words and phrases out and I'm stocking up on tea, milk and biscuits as I type .. Oh, and the Pixie-bob's are sharpening up their 'skill set' as well ...

We'll be at Lagun Seca Friday morning through to Sunday and staying at the Best Western Plus Beach Resort ... don't worry about sunscreen, Marc, I'll bring some :-)
Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Yes ... we intend to 'put on the dog' try a few of my new 'Manchester' words and phrases out and I'm stocking up on tea, milk and biscuits as I type .. Oh, and the Pixie-bob's are sharpening up their 'skill set' as well ...

We'll be at Lagun Seca Friday morning through to Sunday and staying at the Best Western Plus Beach Resort ... don't worry about sunscreen, Marc, I'll bring some :-)
I would take him to Baja Cantina Thursday evening if you are in town by then...the cars outside will be epic...let alone anything going on inside
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by il pirata
I would take him to Baja Cantina Thursday evening if you are in town by then...the cars outside will be epic...let alone anything going on inside
Yes, we're going to have to do something like that ... I've heard the parking there is hard to come by but maybe they will give SpeedArena a 'special' spot ..
Old 10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
600RR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JP: Still searching for a white donor. Look forward to seeing the "S" again and maybe meeting Marc and "Jaeger."Thanks again for all the info at FDM BBQ.

Sid
Old 10-12-2011, 07:27 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 600RR

searching for donor

meeting Jaeger
Sid-- Thanks to the awesomeness of MagDaddy's 'special' tag (below sig), meeting should be easier. I'll be glad to spread the Speedster sickness, uh, I mean make the world a more beautiful place one 993 Speedster at time

Jon Paul-- Great chat on the phone again. If cell phones die in Monterey & we're not already parked by each other, I'll just look for the throng of admirers by SpeedArena to find you!

If I can't get y'all into the vendors' showcase with Speedy, offer still stands for you to take her place - hopefully beneficial for 9m, too. Regardless, you'll have a smashing good time with your mate, Marc
Old 10-12-2011, 08:55 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 600RR
JP: Still searching for a white donor. Look forward to seeing the "S" again and maybe meeting Marc and "Jaeger."Thanks again for all the info at FDM BBQ.

Sid

Glad you enjoyed seeing SpeedArena in the flesh Sid. JP told me all about the day at FDM and said (in the nicest possible way) that you were like Columbo looking over the car for clues, coming back to him for "just one more thing..." ( ) but if you're going to be at RR I'm sure Marc would fill you in on any more details that you need to know.

Of course, one of them is that we don't actually need a white donor cab to build a white Speedster, so I would just concentrate on finding a perfect, low mileage, non-accident example in any color that has the right seats & specification that you want and we'll do the rest.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by curve lover
Sid-- Thanks to the awesomeness of MagDaddy's 'special' tag (below sig), meeting should be easier. I'll be glad to spread the Speedster sickness, uh, I mean make the world a more beautiful place one 993 Speedster at time

Jon Paul-- Great chat on the phone again. If cell phones die in Monterey & we're not already parked by each other, I'll just look for the throng of admirers by SpeedArena to find you!

If I can't get y'all into the vendors' showcase with Speedy, offer still stands for you to take her place - hopefully beneficial for 9m, too. Regardless, you'll have a smashing good time with your mate, Marc
Thanks for the offer Jaeger, it's very much appreciated, it would be fantastic to have them both parked together. I know Marc is very much looking forward to meeting you and Speedy, but as I write this he is only 3 hours away from setting off and will be out of contact for the majority of the day but I'm sure JP will pass on your kindness. Cheers, sorry I can't be there as well.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:04 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JPP

Marc's from Middle Earth (Stoke on Trent), so you best get him to show you his furry feet and explain the meaning of the word "sneeped".
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Marc's from Middle Earth (Stoke on Trent), so you best get him to show you his furry feet and explain the meaning of the word "sneeped".
Hm. Well, I've been on a 'Snipe' hunt before ... but never been 'Sneeped'. Atl least I don't THINK I've ever been 'Sneeped ..' Pixie-bob's will take care of the furry feet ... I hope he brought bandages ..
Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 AM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Remember Marc does speak a different language to most Brits!
And BTW - Marc can talk and talk and talk.......................you've all been warned!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:31 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by grahampeterm
Remember Marc does speak a different language to most Brits!
And BTW - Marc can talk and talk and talk.......................you've all been warned!

You're only saying that now Graham because you know for sure that he's watching films on a 'plane!!

Oh yes, don't get him started on film knowledge - for some strange reason he remembers everything he watches, for instance he can recite the practically the whole of Madagaskar straight from memory (it's his kid's favourite).
Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 AM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

......for instance he can recite the practically the whole of Madagaskar straight from memory (it's his kid's favourite).
.... that's what he tells us anyway !!!

Would have gone myself - but off to Cape Verde instead

Graham
Old 10-13-2011, 12:46 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sorry to hear that Graham, must be such a chore.....
Old 10-13-2011, 01:58 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by grahampeterm
Would have gone myself - but off to Cape Verde instead

Graham
Sorry to hear that Graham, must be such a chore.....
.. I think you're both missing the point ... Here's the beach our hotel is on .. and it's going to be in the mid-70's all weekend .. Cape Verde, indeed!

Quick Reply: 9m's Marc at Rennsport Reunion with JP & SpeedArena