Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:31 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Default WTB / Trade stock parts

Hi guys,

I'm kind of sick and tired of tire kickers, low ballers and whinners. It looks like in order to me to sell my cabrio I need to get it back to as stock as possible. Unfortunately no rennlister has been serious about the car and although I know I have priced it really well, even below market and she is worth every single penny, It looks like I will have to go the consignement road in order to sell her.
The whole process has wore me down emotionally and I'm just done with it.
So fortunately I have most stock parts that came off the car when I changed things up but I'm missing the following:

1. Stock suspension. I will purchase or trade my H&R coilovers plus a bit of cash for your stock suspension. The only caveat on this is that the suspension needs to be from a reasonably low mile car, certainly not past 60K miles.

2. Stock black handbrake. It must be in excellent condition.

3. Stock black steering wheel. Without an Airbag if its a 95, with airbag if its from a 96 onwards. It also must be in excellent condition.

That is all.. If anyone knows also where I can get a black soft top for a reasonable amount I would appreciate it.

TIA
Old 07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
randytrish
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you looking to trade for a stock handbrake?
Randy
Old 07-28-2011, 02:04 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by randytrish
Are you looking to trade for a stock handbrake?
Randy
Nope. Unless you want a cashmere stock one! Just want to purchase it.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:20 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hold the phone a sec...you're saying that potential buyers are turned off by your H&R coilovers? They'd rather have the SUV springs??
Old 07-28-2011, 02:41 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 911Dave
Hold the phone a sec...you're saying that potential buyers are turned off by your H&R coilovers? They'd rather have the SUV springs??
Yeap. Go figure... I was told by a couple of "buyers" that comment. The dealer that I'm thinking to consign the car with also told me that it would be easier to sell it with the stock suspension on...
Everyone is neatpicking, trying to wear me down and steal the car. Ain;t happening! I had one guy, he said " oh I would buy the car on the spot if it did not have the red roof on!" I wanted to say then why the hell you waste my time if you dont like it? Honestly! Its obvious I'm not cut out to be a car saleman! LOL Its just unfortunate that no enthousiast is looking at the car. I'm sure they would see the value of having and nice, shorted suspension on!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:51 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Danny, have you tried advertising it in Germany? If not, see if any Rennlister there or in Europe generally will help with logistics. With where Euro is today this car should go back home. And H&R coils will not be a problem there).

Specifically, I would contact Ed here: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ml#post8748063 (he's in Bavaria).
Old 07-28-2011, 05:49 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

how much you asking for the cabrio?

how many owner car?
cdn or usa car?
mileage?
what do you have for a steering wheel?
what do you have for a convert top?
what is with the wing?
what kind of wheels?
what kind of hand brake?

how much you asking?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:03 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
how much you asking for the cabrio?
The add is here: https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...ght=993+cabrio

how many owner car?
Possibly 3.

cdn or usa car?
US
mileage?
61750 now.
what do you have for a steering wheel?
Now it has a TechArt 340mm with custom stiching, tomorrow probably stock!

what do you have for a convert top?
A red one?

what is with the wing?
What wing?

what kind of wheels?
Stock 17 cups

what kind of hand brake?
Factory Carbon Alu in Red leather

how much you asking?
$35900 CAD
Old 07-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi Danny,

Do not forget the cost of an alignment if you need to swap the suspension out...it will need all four corners.

Funny, your car is NOT heavily modified.

Are you dealing with Duncan (Urban Garage?). Stock suspension is nuts, it's not worth the trouble to switch. Your labor costs + alignment would be $600 or more (alignment up here is $260 - $300 alone).

Geeze, what kind of trouble would I be in if/when I every sell with all my mods?? I thought people liked tastefull modifications that actually improve the car. Knew I should have kept that stock suspension (wit shocks like jelly!!).

I might have a stock black wheel with airbag in the shop. I am keeping my original one in case I sell my car, since the 340mm wheel might not be to everyone's liking. I will check and get back to you if I do...

Cheers,

Mike
Old 07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Danny, I have every part you need. However, my US M030 suspension has some miles on it, but are Boge shocks, not Monroe.

I'll have to dig out the steering wheel, & e-brake, but I think they are in very good shape.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:58 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

You couldn't pay me to put that sheet back in the car...I would eat the seats before selling it in that form.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mike J
Hi Danny,

Do not forget the cost of an alignment if you need to swap the suspension out...it will need all four corners.

Funny, your car is NOT heavily modified.

Are you dealing with Duncan (Urban Garage?). Stock suspension is nuts, it's not worth the trouble to switch. Your labor costs + alignment would be $600 or more (alignment up here is $260 - $300 alone).

Geeze, what kind of trouble would I be in if/when I every sell with all my mods?? I thought people liked tastefull modifications that actually improve the car. Knew I should have kept that stock suspension (wit shocks like jelly!!).

Mike
Yeah, tell me about it! I have thrown 2 not 1, 2 sets of these BD stock suspensions in the garbage... little did I know. Problem is that sometimes we in our little community disregard the majority of Porsche owners who really dont get it, nor they care. Unfortunately as it seems with cabrio's the problem gets magnified and buyers of such that are enthousiasts like us seem to be far and few. So I'm dealing with the uninformed, do I look good in red crowd who really dont appreciate the value of a well shorted car! I'll give you a call to chat

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Danny, I have every part you need. However, my US M030 suspension has some miles on it, but are Boge shocks, not Monroe.

I'll have to dig out the steering wheel, & e-brake, but I think they are in very good shape.
Mike, sounds awesome! Thanks! You have a PM...

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
You couldn't pay me to put that sheet back in the car...I would eat the seats before selling it in that form.
LOL
Old 07-28-2011, 09:54 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

this cab appears to be well kept.

i can see a lot of cab buyers wanting 100% stock however this car is by no means over the edge of stock.

rather then spend all that money to revert back to stock i would just drop the price for the same approx amount it would cost to revert back to stock. (top, wheel, front splitter, suspension)

call it $5000.00, so $30k sale point.

now, if you listed the car for $29500.00 "as is" you open a whole new market of buyers in the under 30k club for better chance of perking interests.

Once you put a 993 in the 20's it opens eyes....
Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Geeze, what kind of trouble would I be in if/when I every sell with all my mods?? I thought people liked tastefull modifications that actually improve the car.
I think most performance mods add some value, but most esthetic mods detract. Most buyers, myself included, much prefer a bone stock exterior and interior to start with, then they mod it to their taste. Once modded, it's "personalized" and somewhat of a turnoff for some buyers. There are always some exceptions though.

I would agree that the red top, though unique and not bad looking in my opinion, would be a harder sell than a stock black top. I can understand that turning off some buyers.

If I had saved my leaking original Monroe shocks, they'd be yours for free. I'm sure your prospects would pay extra for those.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Don't forget Danny is in Vancouver, Canada and 993's command a bit of premium over the US prices, although there has been price pressure lately because of the very strong Canadian dollar.

However, dropping it below $30K is nuts, its not $5K to revert it back, if it is then drop to $33K and see what happens. It all depends on how much time you have, and be clear to prospective buyers that low ballers get kicked out really quick.

The other option is just not mention the suspension at all, and sell the car without making that a feature. Its certainly better looking and handling with it.

Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply: WTB / Trade stock parts