Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anyone have Panorama magazines back to 97?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 07:49 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover

Hopefully the 'kids' can get together to play again:
Dave-- Left you a message: the director of the camp where the 'kids' might meet up said he didn't receive your application More details for you; talk soon.
Originally Posted by c4sdave

My gulf blue C4S was delivered to the US 4/30/97 and there is a notation from the dealer about a possible article being done on the car in Pano. I'm trying to find out if there was an article so I can order a back copy. Any help would be much appreciated!

Dave-- I sent a "letter to the editor" asking to confirm if there was an article on your Gulf Blau.
If not, I recommended they do a feature now
Non-update: Panorama editor hasn't responded yet.
...but sounds like it's covered in one other magazine. Check out RLer MDR's "Gulf Blue & special order colors" 2004 post:
Originally Posted by mdr

I was flipping through Robb Report magazine the other day, and they had a feature on Porsche's, and there was a 97 C4S in "Gulf Blue special order color" which looks really beautiful. Now, in another thread on the 996 forum ( I think), another Rennlister mentions that Gulf Blue was not permitted by Porsche when his friend tried to order ( but yet another Rennlister also mentions that someone was successful like the car in Robb Report).

So, are there colors Porsche will not do or difficult to get permission even with the extra "paint to sample" option. And how do you give the color sample? Some color chip sample from Pantone or other specialize paint chip catalogs? Like if Porsche gives you a hard time with Gulf Blue, and you make it just a shade darker or lighter, then it is ok? Just curious....if I ever get the chance to buy new one day.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:49 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by timothymoffat

Why do I have a feeling that it has low miles?
...Because you clicked on the 2nd hyper-link in this post from C4SDave's "Photoshop help with wheels" thread...
Originally Posted by c4sdave

Big Thanks to Curve Lover

Couldn't have bought this car without your help! A friend first told me about this car in 2005 and I've been chasing it ever since. The color is pretty unique, I love it.

Dave-- ^^ Many RLers have aided me, including you; this forum's all about helping others.

I'm thrilled the previous owner contacted me when it was for sale, & that you were still interested.
Please just let me know the next time a certain silver WB 993 Speedster's for sale

BTW, thanks to you & Ken for turning me onto this cool site: 94Speedster.com.

Speaking of cool 911 sites, did your new Blue arrive with its Crevier license frame?
Originally Posted by Crevier Classic Cars

1997 Porsche 911 Carrera 4

This very special 1997 993 C4S was special ordered through a California dealer in September of 1996 for November production. Special ordered in Gulf blue with Black leather. The car is equipped with the following options: In dash CD player, AREO kit, Sport seats, motor sound package, Sport suspension, Hi Fi sound package, Porsche crest on seats, Seat backs painted Gulf blue, red seat belts, carbon-leather steering wheel, rear storage-no seats. Every single piece of documentation inclusive of original order form, sales receipt, customer delivery reciept, service documentation and the window sticker SIGNED BY FERRY PORSCHE are included with the car. The car is as new with only 6,235 documented miles. This is one for a serious collector of rare Porsches.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:51 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mrsullivan

This place kills me....

"oh yeah... And I have a gulf blue C4S... Probably the only made"...
Did I forget to tell you about the Riviera Blue 993 Turbo in the garage?
Originally Posted by autobonrun

I have Pano back to 1984. All 12 issues for 1997. I can look tomorrow.
Any Luck?

Originally Posted by timothymoffat

PICS PLEASE!

Dave-- I'll be glad to post more pics of your rarity if you don't mind.
From the "993 Paint to Sample Pics" thread:
_
Old 07-02-2011, 07:51 PM
RFFG
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, stunning car!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:26 AM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 255 Posts
Default No luck.

I had sent a PM but should have replied here as well.

Basically I thumbed through all 12 issues and did not see anything on the car. The good news is that I have Pano and Excellence for that year so if someone knows the exact issue, I will have it. I tried to go page by page (actually interesting reading to go back that far) but it's feasible I could have missed it; but I don't think so.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Panorama magazines back to 97?