Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Boooo! That is all.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:07 AM
SOS
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinty

Here's the only Vancouverite who can score on the road:

This guy owns a Ferrari....and its probably flipped over.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RSAErick
"Dream Woman"
Absolutely, married for 21 years this November. This is last year on our 20th anniversary in Beijing.
Attached Images  
Old 06-19-2011, 01:41 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,025 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by SOS
This guy owns a Ferrari....and its probably flipped over.
Don't forget burning.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:44 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,025 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
Old 06-19-2011, 02:33 AM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you own a Porsche because you think it enhances your masculinity - you're a moron. The auto insurance guys charge you more if you drive a red sports car because statistics show these types have more accidents. Too much testosterone. This is all false assumptions.

Remember Janis Joplin singing: "Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz. My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends."

A Porsche is nothing more or less than a precision driving tool. To be appreciated for what it can do - not what it represents. If you want to be noticed by the opposite sex in a way that has no meaning, just wear a large sign on your shirt saying what your (hopefully high) net worth is. And drive a red Corvette roadster - wearing lots of gold chains around your neck.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:18 AM
simsy
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

Kika: 21 years, congratulations. She's lovely (those eyes are amazing) and you two are a cute couple and not just because of the bear-hats.

I used to own a Speed Yellow Boxster which I was never very comfortable with because it was a bit flashy (I bought the car from my dad who had a bit more fun with brightly colored cars). But contrary to what's been said the Boxster did seem to attract FEMALES such as the time when a woman honked at me from the car behind and motioned for me to show my hand so she could see if I had a wedding ring or not. I played along and showed my ring then drove off as fast as possible on the chance she didn't care so much about it but just wanted to know the situation .

So I've now sold the Boxster and bought what I think will be a much less noticeable Arctic Silver 993. I haven't driven it longer than 10 minutes but when I do it'll be interesting to see if anyone seems to care, including before and after I install a more vocal exhaust (audible "peacocking"). I'll point out only "interesting" for statistical purposes given I'm married 18 years myself and certainly don't intend to change that, one reason being the first material thing my wife would go after is the Porsche!

BTW: I'm headed to Stuttgart in a week and will ask the question of the experts there

So regardless of whether they attract ladies or maybe help us keep them (I think my wife is happy I have a Porsche, we've always thought of them as an alternative to a mistress) let's have fun with them for what they are: CARS (that means drive them too)
Old 06-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I use my 993 to pick up chicks - my youngest daughter, after drama and chorus practice, and my older daughter, after orchestra practice.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by simsy
Kika: 21 years, congratulations. She's lovely (those eyes are amazing) and you two are a cute couple and not just because of the bear-hats.
Thank you. that picture was late November, when we were there, and really cold, especially for a couple from Southern California that are used to warm weather. My ears were freezing, so she bought me that hat... We bought the panda hats for our daughters.

Last edited by Kika; 06-20-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:11 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

An oldie ... but still relevant ...

A horse and a chicken are playing in a meadow. The horse falls into a mud hole and is sinking. He calls to the chicken to go and get the farmer to help pull him out to safety. The chicken runs to the farm but the farmer can't be found. So he drives the farmer's Porsche back to the mud hole and ties some rope around the bumper. He then throws the other end of the rope to his friend, the horse, and drives the car forward saving him from sinking!

A few days later, the chicken and horse were playing in the meadow again and the chicken fell into the mud hole. The chicken yelled to the horse to go and get some help from the farmer. The horse said, "I think I can stand over the hole!" So he stretched over the width of the hole and said, "Grab for my 'thingy' and pull yourself up." And the chicken did and pulled himself to safety.

The moral of the story:

If you are hung like a horse, you don't need a Porsche to pick up chicks!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ted Im in stitches. Not heard that one!

When I was dating my current (and only) wife one of my lady friend asked my wife is she had met my German Girlfriend yet. Suffice to say the 993 (yes the same one) had a hasty intoduction thereafter!

My wife is under no illusion that the 993 is a fixture. The day that changes Im off to the Phillapines!

The 993 was great for dating. I was 30. Just finished an 8 year relationship. Was enjoying "sewing my oats". I have to say I had a daily driver which was fairly inoculous (and changed regularly - Pug 205GTI, Audi RS2, Subaru etc). This was the first date machine. Word of wisdom for those dating dont show the P car till the third date! Dont even mention it. There were some great gals in their 30s single (usually divorced just wanted a good time no strings), then there were some real nut cases (thats why they were still single - possessive "bunny boilers") and then there were a a hand full of genuine single 30s gals who were just unlucky in love (read my wife ha ha). The neat trick with the 993 was on the first P car date and she needs to get out....."how do I open this door". Mmmmm. Like this honey (lean over brush a thigh and show her the secret "weird German pervert designed door handle"). Bloody good guys those Germans. Thinking of randy single men right up until 1998 (996) they were LOL!

No offence to any of you Ive offended of course :-)

M
Old 07-04-2011, 07:35 AM
haygeebaby
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Dam Macca - that is so true.
I got my Porsche when I was 30 and just got out of a 11 year relationship.
All the chicks dig the car. I also don't use the Porsche for the first date or get together - the BMW has that honor. But around the 2nd or 3rd outing - the Porsche takes over.
I'll try the brush the thigh thing the next time a girl has a problem getting the door open - that happens all the time as well.
I pretty much fit the build for that story - I have no intentions of getting married any time soon - but I would still be this way without the Porsche.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Neil Perry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Here's the only Vancouverite who can score on the road":

By the way the Vancouverites are Australians on Holidays, when we are aloving nothing stops us.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:08 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 993RS
Actually, years back, I dumped a girlfriend, because she told me to chose between her and my 911...
Good for you. The woman who is smart will recognize that a man who really loves his Porsche (or other quality "thing") is a man worthy of a good long term relationship with other good things. Apparently, she was not.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
The neat trick with the 993 was on the first P car date and she needs to get out....."how do I open this door". Mmmmm. Like this honey (lean over brush a thigh and show her the secret "weird German pervert designed door handle"). Bloody good guys those Germans. Thinking of randy single men right up until 1998 (996) they were LOL!

M
Thanks for reminding me about this "trick". As of last Tuesday at 915am, I am single again, for better or for worse. Definitely better in so many ways. No one telling me anymore "We don't need 3 cars - you should think very hard about selling that Porsche". Arghhhhh!

I'll be sure to use this ploy to brush a bit of thigh next time a date can't get out. It's so funny when people can't get out of my car, especially at night. I'm sure we all experience that with new riders.

I was at the beach recently with a new friend that I'm casually dating (though nothing has happened yet) and she mentioned she likes to drive, prefers to drive her man around town than be driven, and is happy having her SUV (BMW X3 SAV actually). She recently got it after having a Lexus RX 330 she traded in to get the BMW. Doesn't like it as much as the Lexus as it's smaller inside and she feels all the bumps in it (I believe that's called sportiness and handling). She exclaimed she doesn't drive in other people's really small cars - doesn't trust them -doesn't think they're safe.

She doesn't know I have a 911 yet. I asked her... "What if I had a really small car - you wouldn't drive in it with me?" At first she said no and I though, "F her! Not a match".

Then we were racewalking together the next day, I saw a newer, pretty bright blue 997 sitting in a parking lot and said "What about that car? Are you saying you wouldn't get in it if I owned it and wanted to take you out?"

She said she was being a bit of a hardass the day before and that she'd be a little afraid but she would ride in it, maybe with her eyes closed part of the way... She apologized for being such a bitch about it, too which was kind of cool. I told her that these little cars are built extremely safely with lots of safety features and her impression that one wouldn't survive an accident with a large SUV isn't necessarily true at all.

She relented and said I was probably right.

Hmmm.

Quick Reply: Women on single men with Porsches: for dating, not marriage