Sponsored by:

Beautiful 993 Turbo for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
^ I beg to differ. I bought my car owned by a Rennlister on this site and specifically looked to buy one here. It was a 24 hr impulsive buy and although I researched the car for well over a year. I knew what I wanted and did not hesitate because it was a lister's car and the price is right.

I bought a $99 one way ticket to Chicago and drove it back to CT. There is no way I would have done it if I had found a car elsewhere.
My point is that nobody is going to blindly wire a guy (whose first post was yesterday) $80k+ for a car on a whim. Whoever buys this car is going to do more than fire a PM to the OP before money is exchanged.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:41 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

"Goofball, you've been by far the least respectful of any poster here."

That's OK. I don't worry to much about offending a new member who doesn't respect us enough to read the rules of the board, and will soon be gone once he sells the car. After all, that's the only reason he's here.

"I know several people who would not be comfortable doing this themselves."

Yes, and since it's so easy to teach this simple skill, I'd spend the 30 seconds it requires to enable them to be self-sufficient. "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a life time." Rather than enable this discomfort, I'd teach them to become a part of the 21st Century.

"No deal for this car is going to be made solely on Rennlist (with a first time poster) without somebody seeing this car in-person. That person will certainly meet the owner in person and they can negotiate a price."

Oh really? How do you know this? Since you're young and new here, I'll clue you in that many sales are done without seeing the car in person.

"There is nothing wrong with a poster posting the pictures of a friend's car with a friend's asking price and offering to refer potential buyers directly to the owner."

Nope. But there's nothing right about it either. If I'm looking at a $80K used car, I wanna be talking to the actual owner, not the middle man who doesn't know the particulars.

"That you have your panties up in a bunch over it is bizarre."

Calvin Klein boxer briefs.

"Moreover, your repeated insistence that everybody better be as tech-savvy as you or I is downright rude."

I'm far from tech-savvy. A child can load a photo these days. But scammers and used car dealers often use this excuse.

"You've called the owner "stupid" and "cheap" and repeatedly called the OP's character into question."

The owner is stupid if he cannot load a photo and write a description. Strike that, he could be just lazy.

"Shame on you for doing this to a perfectly polite first time poster."

Perfectly polite people follow rules. Though I'm sure this Andrew is a lovely chap.

"I can only hope what goes around comes around on these forums."

It does. Start out following the rules and respecting the forum, and others will welcome you.

Thanks for playing, Adam, and have a nice day.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:47 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
"Goofball, you've been by far the least respectful of any poster here."

That's OK. I don't worry to much about offending a new member who doesn't care to read the rules of the board, and will soon be gone once he sells the car. After all, that's the only reason he's here.

"I know several people who would not be comfortable doing this themselves."

Yes, and since it's so easy to teach this easy skill, I'd spend the 30 seconds it requires to enable them to be self-sufficient. "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a life time." Rather than enable this discomfort, I'd teach them to become a part of the 21st Century.

"No deal for this car is going to be made solely on Rennlist (with a first time poster) without somebody seeing this car in-person. That person will certainly meet the owner in person and they can negotiate a price."

Oh really? How do you know this? Since your young and new here, I'll clue you in that many sales are done without seeing the car in person.

"There is nothing wrong with a poster posting the pictures of a friend's car with a friend's asking price and offering to refer potential buyers directly to the owner."

Nope. But there's nothing right about it either. if I'm looking at a $80K used car, I wanna be talking to the actual owner, not the middle man who doesn't know the particulars.

"That you have your panties up in a bunch over it is bizarre."

Calvin Klein boxer briefs.

"Moreover, your repeated insistence that everybody better be as tech-savvy as you or I is downright rude."

I'm far from tech-savvy. A child can load a photo these days. But scammers and used car dealers often use this excuse.

"You've called the owner "stupid" and "cheap" and repeatedly called the OP's character into question."

The owner is stupid if he cannot load a photo and write a description. Strike that, he could be just lazy.

"Shame on you for doing this to a perfectly polite first time poster."

Perfectly polite people follow rules. Though I'm sure this Andrew is a lovely chap.

"I can only hope what goes around comes around on these forums."

It does. Start out following the rules and respecting the forum, and others will welcome you.

Thanks for playing, Adam, and have a nice day.
You've gone from appearing to be a jerk to making no bones about the fact that you are one. If every poster here behaved like you, there would be no community, just a forum full of jerks having pissing contests with one another. Like I say, I can only hope your lousy treatment of others comes back to bite you.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:54 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by asofine
You've gone from appearing to be a jerk to making no bones about the fact that you are one. If every poster here behaved like you, there would be no community, just a forum full of jerks having pissing contests with one another. Like I say, I can only hope your lousy treatment of others comes back to bite you.
You'll hafta excuse me if I don't wanna get into a verbal barrage with a 23-year old kid. Methinks you'd be better off going for a drive in the C4S Dad bought you. It'd be a much more solid use of your time.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:09 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Andrew Shannon, good job on becoming a Rennlist Member so fast. You should also place a nice For Sale Post (with some of the constructive comments, advice & changes offered here) over on the 993 Turbo Forum.

We have a lot of great enthusiasts over there.....and a little (just a little) less drama.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew Shannon
The rolled fenders, the custom front end, the lack of the "Turbo" badge - these are all modifications that the owner felt contributed to the overall value of the car, and if you're not a fan of it, that's perfectly fine. Other people may appreciate the TLC he's put into this 993 as the collector of many Porsches throughout the years.
Others May appreciate these modifications, but they wont pay a premium for them.
It does devalue the car and the owner who has so many cars would know this based on the amount of cars he has owned in the past.

Please tell us there are no holes drilled in the front bumper.......

You are correct about this being the place to list the car. You did well by finding it, however you need to read the fine print about being a paid member to list items for sale. No biggie, simple mistake.

I would recommend you list it in "turbo" section of this forum however so that you do not miss out on the potential right buyer.

Again, it really is a clean car and thanks for posting it.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:35 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
It might be a little high....but not $15K too high. With a clean PPI, that would be a steal at $66K.

The stock bumper is right there. That has the Turbo S chin spoiler mounted just below it. Very nice. Just like mine.
True. it is a 70k market car, but would sell @66k.
especially with rolled fenders, drilled front bumper and removed turbo badge.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:39 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
You'll hafta excuse me if I don't wanna get into a verbal barrage with a 23-year old kid. Methinks you'd be better off going for a drive in the C4S Dad bought you. It'd be a much more solid use of your time.
Pardon me for purchasing a car together with my father. I can't imagine that father son bonding is something that a person as brash and rude as you would understand (I have to assume you get your streak of *** hole from somewhere).
Old 04-19-2011, 06:59 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

WOW! you guys in the 993 forum play for keeps!

im gona jump back to the GT3 forum before somebody tells me off
Old 04-19-2011, 07:10 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
WOW! you guys in the 993 forum play for keeps!

im gona jump back to the GT3 forum before somebody tells me off
haha, I'm just trying to keep it respectful in here. A guy comes along with a well-written FS post and a few internet tough guys decided to call the guy varying things from lazy to cheap to stupid to dishonest. I was trying to point out what a horrible way that is to welcome people to the forum. With some guys, a peace was made. With others, it deteriorated into childish bickering. What's funny is that I'm the young guy here!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey everyone,

First things first - thank you for all the replies. I don't mind the criticism from the senior members; you guys have clearly been around this forum for a while, and I don't want to come off as a disrespectful or ignorant intruder.

- Andrew
Andrew, as before, despite the concerns, your handling and overall nice steady communication is appreciated. Hope you stick around as a member here.

There is a Member-to-Member For Sale forum. Which, of course, you could not see as a non-member. It is perfectly OK to post both there and on 993 board for items clearly related to a 993, so you're fine on that as well.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:09 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Hey everyone,

First things first - thank you for all the replies. I don't mind the criticism from the senior members; you guys have clearly been around this forum for a while, and I don't want to come off as a disrespectful or ignorant intruder.
Andrew, congrats on becoming a member. That'll go a long way to ensuring your experience is a pleasant one. Sorry if I busted your chops, but many a scammer has started his relationship here by "selling a car for a friend" as a first post. Some of our well intended younger and naive members may not be aware of this. As I said earlier, I sure hope the owner is paying you for acting as his salesman; selling a car can be a thankless task.

In the meantime, as suggested, you might want to post this car in the 993 Turbo forum. Also check out Pelican, as there are other knowledgeable sorts on there who might be interested in such a car as the one you're selling.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 204 Posts

I am a tough guy
Old 04-19-2011, 08:27 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Boost
I am a tough guy
But your steering wheel is on the wrong side.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:31 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually just read thru all 58 posts...

And all I want to say is: Welcome aboard, Andrew

Quick Reply: Beautiful 993 Turbo for sale