Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't take Winter anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:07 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 257 Posts

It is crazy. We've had what, two straight weeks of better weather than we had all summer it seems like, while most the nation is getting hammered. It was 78 by Ft. Ord but down to 72 when I pulled in to Prunedale.. burrrr! They are starting to predict some rain possible next weekend which would be nice as I'm always thinking about the future fire season.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

LOL, yea, it's been a weird winter!

I took mine out yesterday for Griot's Cars & Coffee, it was about 50deg & overcast.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Like Mike J and many others here, I'm from the Vancouver area. Unfortunately (for getting the car out anyway), I live a bit out of the city. Just enough where it gets close to freezing more frequently. And I think someone in the city works department is getting a payoff from whoever supplies salt/sand/de-icer etc. Looks like someone's gone on the mother-of-all-coke-binges in the mornings!
Burnaby/Vancouver area seems to be fine, you Maple Ridge boys get a bit colder for sure.. I would take the car out when the weather is nice and clear (like this Saturday), although I do love my truck, driving that big beast does wear thin after a while, and I need a fix in a small, nimble car.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:29 PM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I felt the same way today, although it was in the low 40s. I trucked my way through the snow with a shovel and cleared just enough room to get the door open down where the car is parked. I then spent the day with the PC and various chemicals. My hands smell like car Better than nothing, I guess. I'll tackle undoing my road rash, while I wait for better weather. C'mon spring!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:04 AM
ryguy993
Racer

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Ryan, we definately gotta get together this season. We'll be in Narraganset again in late July. We really like Bonnet Shores, but can't find a place that's right. We share the week with my cousin's family, and they have a dog. Currently leaning toward a place just South of Scarobourgh Beach.

Damn dog...anyway, that trip will be Porsche less-but I'll have my bikes to ride everyday.

Anyway, wintery pics below
Hey Joe,
My Wife's family has a beach house in Narragansett, down by Pt. Judith. We are there every Sunday from Memorial Day to Labor Day! That area is just awesome! I actually lived in Bonnett Shores all during college (one of the benefits of going to college and being that close to the beach). You'll have to let me know when it gets closer to the time you will be visiting and we plan to meet up. There is a fantastic place in South Kingstown called the Matunuck Oyster Bar that has awesome Seafood. My Wife and I have been there a few times. I know that Chris (cpdjfd107) wanted to get together last summer but we never found the time, so hopefully this year will be better! Good luck with the Snow/Ice/Wintery Mess & have fun with the new lift! Talk to you soon.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 204 Posts

This HEAT - is too much .....

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/we...206-1aif4.html

7 consecutive days - of heatwave - over 40C
Old 02-07-2011, 02:01 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Boost
This HEAT - is too much .....

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/we...206-1aif4.html

7 consecutive days - of heatwave - over 40C
And thanks to you Aussies, we're now getting the hot winds as well and also hitting silly temperatures. The heat is just stupid. In fact, it's even to hot to ride the Triumph. Just bad news...ah well.
I feel for our Northern hemisphere RL bro's
Old 02-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 391 Posts

Embrace old man winter.....
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Hav not driven my car since early Oct. It's really bumming me out. I think it will be May before we're back on the road in NE.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:42 PM
pcarrera993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good rant, it totally blows. Haven't taken mine out since Nov now. Even if there's no snow on the roads there's salt dust. And have you seen the size of the pot holes lately?? The salt not only melts the ice and snow but also corrodes the streets and highways. On top of that you have all the snow plows beating on the surface. At this rate I wont be taking my car out until late Spring early Summer.

--Tito
Old 02-07-2011, 02:38 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ryguy993
Hey Joe,
My Wife's family has a beach house in Narragansett, down by Pt. Judith. We are there every Sunday from Memorial Day to Labor Day! That area is just awesome! I actually lived in Bonnett Shores all during college (one of the benefits of going to college and being that close to the beach). You'll have to let me know when it gets closer to the time you will be visiting and we plan to meet up. There is a fantastic place in South Kingstown called the Matunuck Oyster Bar that has awesome Seafood. My Wife and I have been there a few times. I know that Chris (cpdjfd107) wanted to get together last summer but we never found the time, so hopefully this year will be better! Good luck with the Snow/Ice/Wintery Mess & have fun with the new lift! Talk to you soon.
Good rant Ryan!!! I am in the same boat as you. The best part of the day is when I walk by the porsche and see that the battery maintainer is on green, ready to go!! It'll be here soon enough. Feb is a short month, and maybe we will have a rainy March to get rid of the sand/salt. What I am more worried about is the size of the potholes in the roads. They will swallow our cars. I have Rh wheels and they aren't the strongest of wheels esp with the wider rear lip I have. I may throw the twists on for the spring. Soon enough we will be at Matunuck Oyster Bar eating some fresh ones!!! I won't be working as much as last summer, I will definitely make the time.

Last edited by cpdjfd107; 02-07-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-07-2011, 03:36 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
Hav not driven my car since early Oct. It's really bumming me out. I think it will be May before we're back on the road in NE.
I'm in the same boat. It was -16C this morning and the roads are all ice. I like to say that its like getting a new car every spring.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 PM
ryguy993
Racer

Chris, I knew you would understand the R.I. Winter blues! My wifes BMW has run flat tires on it and we hit a pothole the other day and I swear the engine fell out of the car!

I actually caught myself opening the garage door the other night just to see the faint green light cast off by the battery tender. It is amazing the lengths I will go to for this car!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:26 AM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by matt777
I'm in the same boat. It was -16C this morning and the roads are all ice. I like to say that its like getting a new car every spring.
You lucky guy..... It was -19c yesterday for me and 20cm of snow..... THis morning my car is reading -28c
Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I feel your pain... I've been driving my TT the last few days. Its been in the low 80's here...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: I can't take Winter anymore!