Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ryan,
Glad you liked the RS tail.
Car looks great.
By the way, i will also have my euro bumper with the B1 splitters for sale and a GT3 three spoke steering/air bag for sale soon.

AL Z
Old 02-05-2011, 08:35 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,078 Likes on 483 Posts

Car looks awesome!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Oz-ATL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Jim's the man.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:34 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! I like, it seems all those measurements and discussions paid off with a great set. I enjoyed working with you on your very special Porsche project. I live my Porsche hobby through my friends on Rennlist. I do have another set of Daytona centers, and 993 RS centers that could be used for another special set for a Rennlist friend. jdorociak@gmail.com Thank you again for the kind words. Jim
Old 02-05-2011, 09:43 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jim dorociak
Wow! I like, it seems all those measurements and discussions paid off with a great set. I enjoyed working with you on your very special Porsche project. I live my Porsche hobby through my friends on Rennlist. I do have another set of Daytona centers, and 993 RS centers that could be used for another special set for a Rennlist friend. jdorociak@gmail.com Thank you again for the kind words. Jim
Must have details on the remaining sets ... sizes, finish and price>
Old 02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely beautiful!
chuck
Old 02-05-2011, 09:59 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the comments... I think they turned out great after alot of thought and deciding on size/ colors ect. I'll take some 3/4 shots tomorrow and post them. I have learned though that these are going to be a nightmare to clean with all the bolt heads. Luckily jims finishes are all clear coated including the lip so no polishing needed

al z, you are tempting! I might be interested in the bumper though in all seriousness

Originally Posted by Al Z
Ryan,
Glad you liked the RS tail.
Car looks great.
By the way, i will also have my euro bumper with the B1 splitters for sale and a GT3 three spoke steering/air bag for sale soon.

AL Z
Jim can give you pricing... But he can size to your specifications and whatever finish/color as well. Honestly the wheels are better than when they were new. It's incredible
Originally Posted by FlatSix911
Must have details on the remaining sets ... sizes, finish and price>
Old 02-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Ryan. Love the inital pictures. Glad you are happy.

Keen to see some more in different light including 3/4 front and rear. It will help get an idea of ride height. Try measuring from ground to highest part of inside wheel arch for front and rear and Ill tell you if you are same as the rest of us running RS+10. My guess is that like me your wheel are offset more outboard than the factory wheels/options and thus us looks like there is more gap under the arches when infact there isnt....

Out of interest what do the Daytona 8.5 & 10.5" weigh?

Cheers
M
Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Your car is clearly lower than mine just from your avatar. Measuring the fenders the rears are right at 25" and the front is 25.5". Interesting since I thought the front should only be 1/4" higher. Assuming im measuring from the correct spots under the car, I am right around rs+10 so I don't really know what to do cause I just spent a ton on $ on alignment and rear height adjustment. The rear bilsteins only have about 2 threads left so they cant go much lower... And if I drop the front 1/4" I would need an alignment again right?

Not sure how much they weigh cause I dont have a scale here, however from what I have read they aren't as heavy as the rs wheels

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Ryan. Love the inital pictures. Glad you are happy.

Keen to see some more in different light including 3/4 front and rear. It will help get an idea of ride height. Try measuring from ground to highest part of inside wheel arch for front and rear and Ill tell you if you are same as the rest of us running RS+10. My guess is that like me your wheel are offset more outboard than the factory wheels/options and thus us looks like there is more gap under the arches when infact there isnt....

Out of interest what do the Daytona 8.5 & 10.5" weigh?

Cheers
M
Old 02-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Ryan,

Yes you would need a full alignment of you played with the fronts or backs with the HD system. The measurements you gave seem way to high. I may have my notes wrong but from the high point of the rear wheen arch to the ground I think I have 55cm or 21.65 inch. It could be m figures or measurements that are wrong...

I would just drive it for a while and see how you like it. Its expensive to have done again.

Cheers
M
Old 02-05-2011, 10:44 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

more shots to get an idea for ride height
Attached Images       
Old 02-05-2011, 10:52 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Yea I think that measurement Is wrong. Cabrio993 Is at 24.4 and he is almost tucking his tires. I won't pay to have it redone for a while unless the shop didn't hit the rs+10 mark I gave them.... Even so I doubt I could fight them to get it right since they are close.

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Ryan,

Yes you would need a full alignment of you played with the fronts or backs with the HD system. The measurements you gave seem way to high. I may have my notes wrong but from the high point of the rear wheen arch to the ground I think I have 55cm or 21.65 inch. It could be m figures or measurements that are wrong...

I would just drive it for a while and see how you like it. Its expensive to have done again.

Cheers
M
Old 02-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Ryan. I have to agree now looking at the additional pictures it would seem that you are a good 1" higher than most of us with RS+10 set up. Infact it looks ebtirely unlikely you are RS+10mm. The puzzle is why you only have small thread left on the rear shocks. Assuming you are using M030 then I can only specualte you are running a locking collar under the pearch as well as above it? If so then removing the bottom locking ring will give you 7-8mm more thread to play with. Im assuming you are running the correct profile tyres 265/35 or 286/30 ?? Not sure what else to suggest but Im sure other will chime in.

The rear offsets are 2mm different than mine (ET56 on 10.5) but they look less pronounced (a good tghing) but I suspect they could look different again when the car is lower by an inch all round....

Cheers
M
Old 02-05-2011, 11:16 PM
ryano
Burning Brakes

I think the images might make it seem larger than it is. I think it might be off by 1/2 inch based on the measurements I got off cabrio993s car. I am not running a lower locking collar on the hds... I have read others having a hard time getting the rears low as well. The dealer did this and I told them to change it to rs+10... it was raining when I got it so I didn't measure. Think I should take it back for them to see? Also I'm running 285/30

Only other thing I can think of is the car was on jack stands earlier and may not have fully settled
Old 02-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 689 Likes on 290 Posts

They look amazing Ryan, as does the car - congrats!

Perfect specs.

Everyone should be aware that Jim builds "bespoke" sets of wheels that can can vary greatly in price as a result of the wheel style / rarity, what he has in inventory, what you provide & what he needs to purchase. For the quality and uniqueness, I believe his prices to be very reasonable.

Now I'm anxious for mine to be done!

Quick Reply: Finally the wheels are on... PICS :)