Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone on here added a 87/88 911

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Budget a couple of grand for suspension refresh. I'm surprised they did anything to the sways and didn't do anything with the important stuff. I've put $4k into my '84's underside and never felt the need to do anything with the ARB's. The bushings and shocks will be toast, and the t-bars need a good looking at. Then you'll do tie rods, 4 wheel alignment and CB to get it proper.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

I parked at the Columbia Md. Mall today all the way at the very end of the Sears parking lot in no mans land, all by myself for many parking spots all around me and sitting 2 spots away from mine was a perfectly detailed, most excellent example of a burgundy 88 911 Carerra when I returned to it.

My jaw dropped. So beautiful with those black Fuchs. It looked like it just rolled off the factory floor. I was expecting some kind of note on my car saying something like "Great place to park a Porsche, call me if you want to get together or chat about 911's" but there wasn't a note at all.

In any case Tony, only consider getting this car if your wife is TOTALLY on board for it too!

Steve

My old one...

Old school and not the best A/C

Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Budget a couple of grand for suspension refresh. I'm surprised they did anything to the sways and didn't do anything with the important stuff. I've put $4k into my '84's underside and never felt the need to do anything with the ARB's. The bushings and shocks will be toast, and the t-bars need a good looking at. Then you'll do tie rods, 4 wheel alignment and CB to get it proper.
turbo tie rods installed last year along with new performance a-arm bushings.

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
I parked at the Columbia Md. Mall today all the way at the very end of the Sears parking lot in no mans land, all by myself for many parking spots all around me and sitting 2 spots away from mine was a perfectly detailed, most excellent example of a burgundy 88 911 Carerra when I returned to it.

My jaw dropped. So beautiful with those black Fuchs. It looked like it just rolled off the factory floor. I was expecting some kind of note on my car saying something like "Great place to park a Porsche, call me if you want to get together or chat about 911's" but there wasn't a note at all.

In any case Tony, only consider getting this car if your wife is TOTALLY on board for it too!

Steve
Wife response this morning..lol... "We need another car like we need a hole in the head.( "...she's a pushover though..
Old 02-15-2011, 03:00 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Come on Tony...
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2011, 03:05 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 249 Posts

^ red would nice next to that white..lol..
Old 02-16-2011, 12:15 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

My first Porsche was an '85 Carrera which I sold to a friend and I just inherited an '88 Carrera Cab that needs just about everything. Go for it! Loads of fun!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 AM
jungleboy
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Wife response this morning..lol... "We need another car like we need a hole in the head.( "...she's a pushover though..
So how do we get this hole in the head?

Just buy it, paint it white and maybe she won't notice it

Quick Reply: Has anyone on here added a 87/88 911