Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

And it feels good too!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome result Jussi!!! There's still no snow so I think it's time for you to head to Alastaro and get some times...

The question now is... How long will it make for you to make me one? Our engines are very similar (with sport cats and all) so hopefully I could use the same maps.

Colin, you think that would be possible (to use same maps and get close results)?
Old 11-16-2011, 02:48 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Awesome result Jussi!!! There's still no snow so I think it's time for you to head to Alastaro and get some times...

The question now is... How long will it make for you to make me one? Our engines are very similar (with sport cats and all) so hopefully I could use the same maps.

Colin, you think that would be possible (to use same maps and get close results)?
The beauty of Motec is that it is easy to re-tune the ecu once the engine is running properly, so the real benefit of starting with Juha's file (like Juha started with a 9m file) is that you will be able to put a safety trim on the ignition and run the engine under partial load on the dyno immediately and dial in the fuel table. With the fuel table close to optimum you go back to ignition and take out the trims, then fine tune the fuel again. So the answer is no, you can't use the same maps for cars in a different country at different temperatures on different fuel, but it will be very close.

That said, I would be very surprised if the car did not show similar % gains, irrespective of the actual measured dyno numbers.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Colin, that's good news. Now I just need to "convince" Juha to make me one with some Finnish Vodka next time I see him...
Old 11-20-2011, 11:15 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That is a great result Juha....

Quick Reply: Motec conversion - Almost there