Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KILLS Bugs FAST!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 PM
jhummel68
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The car looks great! I found a tip to get bugs off easily. I was a little skeptical at first and tried it on an older car. If you use a fabric softener sheet, they come right off. First mist the area and make sure the dirt is cleaned off so you don't have abrasives on the paint. While the car is wet (doesn't make any difference if there is soap on it) just wipe the fabric sheet on the bugs and they come right off. I haven't seen any ill effects from this technique.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:08 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the tip...
Old 10-08-2010, 01:01 PM
midnite993
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

License plate...LOL!

Old 10-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Congrats. Thanks for posting and sharing pics Mike. There are a few of my cohorts from INWR cars... GR 997 C2S, Rufster, and `87 silver Carrera. Looks like a good turn out. I took the 997 C2S to the Maryhill hillclimb... Leavenworth this weekend
Yea, it seams all you "eastsiders" know one another, everyone was very friendly. They said there would have been a ton more Porsches there, but most headed over to Maryhill. How was it?

Originally Posted by jhummel68
The car looks great! I found a tip to get bugs off easily. I was a little skeptical at first and tried it on an older car. If you use a fabric softener sheet, they come right off. First mist the area and make sure the dirt is cleaned off so you don't have abrasives on the paint. While the car is wet (doesn't make any difference if there is soap on it) just wipe the fabric sheet on the bugs and they come right off. I haven't seen any ill effects from this technique.
Thanks! Humm, a dryer sheet, I may try it, but my gut is telling me it has man made fibers in it, & will scratch the car. Usually when my car gets "bugged" I just use my pressure washer with plain water, & then just use car wash. I do have some great bug remover, but it's expensive & really only use it on the juicy bug guts.

Quick Reply: KILLS Bugs FAST!