Porsche Palooza 2010, Eureka Springs, AR

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:55 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Question to all you 993 Guys....

If any of you know of a SECURE place to store the 911 and if possible also the Mercedes in Little Rock or Hot Springs until our move is complete, please send me a PM. We'd REALLY like to have the 911 with us for the Palooza. We'd have DeMosie ship them for us. The '40 Street Rod is not coming with us. We've lowered the price to $19,900 and if no one wants a rod that is worth between 27 to 30 grand for that price we'll just send it to a consignment shop her in Arizona till it sells. We don't want to pay to have that shipped over too.

TIA
Old 10-11-2010, 06:35 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Question to all you 993 Guys....

If any of you know of a SECURE place to store the 911 and if possible also the Mercedes in Little Rock or Hot Springs until our move is complete, please send me a PM. We'd REALLY like to have the 911 with us for the Palooza. We'd have DeMosie ship them for us. The '40 Street Rod is not coming with us. We've lowered the price to $19,900 and if no one wants a rod that is worth between 27 to 30 grand for that price we'll just send it to a consignment shop her in Arizona till it sells. We don't want to pay to have that shipped over too.

TIA
If they'll make it up my driveway, I'll be glad to offer half of our garage for one of them. My 993 with the M030 suspension made it up w/o scraping.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Patrick we might take you up on that if we only have the Porsche shipped out first. We did find a place called Big Boys Toys Storage that is climate controlled and we can put all three of our cars in there.... we REALLY want to sell the Street Rod before we make the move and only take two cars with us. We've lowered the price from 27,000.00 to $19,900 firm. It's a 30 grand car in a 'normal' economy. It'll just be another money loser for us. Anyway we are on the books with DeMoise so we will at least have the Porsche with us for the for the Palooza.

Is there a caravan going up to Palooza form Little Rock?
Old 10-13-2010, 05:15 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJT
Thanks Patrick we might take you up on that if we only have the Porsche shipped out first. We did find a place called Big Boys Toys Storage that is climate controlled and we can put all three of our cars in there.... we REALLY want to sell the Street Rod before we make the move and only take two cars with us. We've lowered the price from 27,000.00 to $19,900 firm. It's a 30 grand car in a 'normal' economy. It'll just be another money loser for us. Anyway we are on the books with DeMoise so we will at least have the Porsche with us for the for the Palooza.

Is there a caravan going up to Palooza form Little Rock?
Oh yeah... I think that place is out off of Col. Glenn if I recall. think I've seen it. Let me know if that doesn't work out or if you want to use my garage. Certainly don't mind and I promise I won't even drive it (fingers crossed ;-)).

I know Travis (BufordTJ) arranges for a meeting and lunch perhaps for folks traveling in, particularly from Dallas. I'm not aware of LR folks convoying up, but I'd be surprised if there weren't some.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:35 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by murfysflaw
Oh yeah... I think that place is out off of Col. Glenn if I recall. think I've seen it. Let me know if that doesn't work out or if you want to use my garage. Certainly don't mind and I promise I won't even drive it (fingers crossed ;-)).

I know Travis (BufordTJ) arranges for a meeting and lunch perhaps for folks traveling in, particularly from Dallas. I'm not aware of LR folks convoying up, but I'd be surprised if there weren't some.
Thanks Patrick.... Can we leave the Equinox in your driveway for the weekend that we are at Porsche Palooza? That would help A LOT. I don't think there would be enough room in our storage unit for it since it is bigger than the 911 we'll be taking out of it. Looks like we are bringing the Street Rod too. It hasn't sold and we need to reserve our spots on the truck, so that's that. We'll be needing the 15' X 50' unit at storage. YIKES!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJT
Thanks Patrick.... Can we leave the Equinox in your driveway for the weekend that we are at Porsche Palooza? That would help A LOT. I don't think there would be enough room in our storage unit for it since it is bigger than the 911 we'll be taking out of it. Looks like we are bringing the Street Rod too. It hasn't sold and we need to reserve our spots on the truck, so that's that. We'll be needing the 15' X 50' unit at storage. YIKES!
Absolutely, no problem at all.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:16 AM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by murfysflaw

Joanne,
We are meeting for lunch at Catfish Hole in Alma around 12:30, and from there we'll be headed to HWY 23 (The Pig Trail) for our annual run run to Eureka. You're welcome to join us.

Patrick,
Are you gonna make it this year? If you want a Porsche to drive I might be able to help you out. She's a work in progress, but mechanically sound.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Joanne,
Patrick,
Are you gonna make it this year? If you want a Porsche to drive I might be able to help you out. She's a work in progress, but mechanically sound.
You and Benoit are starting your own little collections! I am knee deep in getting 2 houses ready to sell, but if I get one of them done before then, we are talking about taking a quick Fri-Sat trip up to Eureka with the family. If we do, we'll either drive the Subi or get brave and drive my Jeep if the weather is nice enough.

If we are able to make it up, I'll definitely let some folks know so I can come drool over the cars and increase my fever a bit.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:25 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Joanne,
We are meeting for lunch at Catfish Hole in Alma around 12:30, and from there we'll be headed to HWY 23 (The Pig Trail) for our annual run run to Eureka. You're welcome to join us.

Patrick,

Okay, If we are anywhere near Alma at noon we'll see you there. If not, we'll see you in Eureka Springs

Patrick ~ Thanks for the parking spot in your driveway. We found a really nice place to keep the cars right by Perfection Plus. It's Climate Controlled and not too expensive. Steve McPherson recommended it. He says there are some nice cars stashed away in that place. We are bringing the '40 Ford with us too since we didn't manage to sell it last weekend at the "fire sale" price. We actually decided NOT to give it away. We'll keep it and hopefully one day it will be worth what we at least paid for it. Maybe we can take the kids for a ride
Old 10-15-2010, 03:05 PM
NightFlyer
Racer

I gotta a fever...... and the only prescription is...... Porsche Palooza!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:37 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJT
Okay, If we are anywhere near Alma at noon we'll see you there. If not, we'll see you in Eureka Springs

Patrick ~ Thanks for the parking spot in your driveway. We found a really nice place to keep the cars right by Perfection Plus. It's Climate Controlled and not too expensive. Steve McPherson recommended it. He says there are some nice cars stashed away in that place. We are bringing the '40 Ford with us too since we didn't manage to sell it last weekend at the "fire sale" price. We actually decided NOT to give it away. We'll keep it and hopefully one day it will be worth what we at least paid for it. Maybe we can take the kids for a ride
No problem at all. Look forward to seeing you guys... at Porsche Palooza or just in our driveway. I'll shoot you our contact info on FB so you'll have it handy.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 PM
lreeves993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

weather is great in Dallas, went for a drive this evening....turned 4 times....so ready for some pig trail!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lreeves993
weather is great in Dallas, went for a drive this evening....turned 4 times....so ready for some pig trail!
Okay ~~~ THAT made me chuckle!

GOSH I can't wait for Porsche Overload at PP. It's been too long. I'll be the women who will be drooling all over herself. Heaven forbid I drool on a car!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:30 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by NightFlyer
I gotta a fever...... and the only prescription is...... Porsche Palooza!
Hey do you have some sort of a weather crystal ball that can see the forecast a month out?
Old 10-22-2010, 05:42 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

3 weeks out! If you're leaving from the D/FW area and are interested in caravanning to Palooza, pm me your email address.

Quick Reply: Porsche Palooza 2010, Eureka Springs, AR