Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Palooza 2010, Eureka Springs, AR

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

By this time one week from today I'll be half way between Nashville and Memphis.

I'm just sayin'.......
Old 11-05-2010, 11:36 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate you guys... really. Hate you, but love you all too. Damn I miss my Porsche, but I'll be back!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 350 Likes on 155 Posts

Come on up anyway. I thought there was a chance that you might..... ???????

Originally Posted by 97_993C2
Actually, they ask you when you check out if you want a room for next year. Ask me how I know. I think they started doing it last year ...or maybe the year before that.

Gotcha. So that basicaly means there is NO HOPE for us getting into the host hotel for next year either just as I though. I guess we just won't go <rolling eyes>. What ever happened to southern hospitality? Have Californians begun a take over of Eureka Springs? :lol:

I hope there is a nice Palooza person who will let me leave Speedster in their room (in her crate) or I might not be able to go to the banquets on Friday or Saturday. Either Robert or I would have to stay behind with her. I don't know if any of you follow OT, but Speedster was poisoned in May and she had a relapse three weeks ago and is on medications again. I have to give her a dose at 8:00pm and I can't miss giving it to her. If I have to go back to my hotel to dose her, and then drive back to the banquet, why go to the banquet at all?

I saw the forecast and sad NOOOOOOOO!!!! We were thinking of driving in in Thursday, but will wait till Friday now. At least it is SUPPOSED to be nice on Saturday for the drives and the show.

Look what just arrived for the Palooza. We have a week to get it cleaned up, but if it's gonna rain, might as well wait till we get to the event:
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Speedster is welcomed in our room. He will fit right in... Dad, my brother and me. We normally stay in the building closest to the highway, furthest from the conference center. Not sure why, that is just where they put us.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:44 PM
NightFlyer
Racer

I love dogs! My room also available for dog stationing should you need it.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

My first Palooza was last year and I had no problem getting into the host hotel last year. They did have all my info when I called this year, they knew I was a returning Paloozer.

It will just be me in my room Jo Anne, you're more than welcome to leave Speedster there.
I'll even give you your own key..........just don't tell Robert.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:23 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJT

Gotcha. So that basicaly means there is NO HOPE for us getting into the host hotel for next year either just as I though. I guess we just won't go <rolling eyes>. What ever happened to southern hospitality? Have Californians begun a take over of Eureka Springs? :lol:

I hope there is a nice Palooza person who will let me leave Speedster in their room (in her crate) or I might not be able to go to the banquets on Friday or Saturday. Either Robert or I would have to stay behind with her. I don't know if any of you follow OT, but Speedster was poisoned in May and she had a relapse three weeks ago and is on medications again. I have to give her a dose at 8:00pm and I can't miss giving it to her. If I have to go back to my hotel to dose her, and then drive back to the banquet, why go to the banquet at all?

I saw the forecast and sad NOOOOOOOO!!!! We were thinking of driving in in Thursday, but will wait till Friday now. At least it is SUPPOSED to be nice on Saturday for the drives and the show.

Look what just arrived for the Palooza. We have a week to get it cleaned up, but if it's gonna rain, might as well wait till we get to the event:
JoAnne,
I have an extra room. I had reserved a room months ago for a friend and he can't make it this year. Only thing is it's a smoking room. I'll PM you with details.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:21 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJT

I can't wait to see the car in person!

chuck
Old 11-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

For those driving a moderate distance to Palooza it might be a good idea to use the opportunity to run some fuel system cleaner on the drive. For me it's a 500 mi. (1 way) drive so I'll use a couple of cans (Lubro Moly and Techron) as I'll be changing the oil when I drop the engine for the LFW/RS clutch when I get back.

Just a thought.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:09 PM
NightFlyer
Racer

Bill,
Good call, I plan on stopping by Zims this week and picking up a bottle of Lubro Moly.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:36 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 186 Posts

Palooza week is FINALLY here!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Palooza week is FINALLY here!!!
Can't wait. Do I ever need to get away from the office for a few days...
Old 11-08-2010, 11:39 PM
NightFlyer
Racer

The weather forecast:
Friday 67 - 43 with a 30% chance of rain
Saturday 57 - 34 (yikes!) with a 10% chance of rain
Sunday 61 - 38 with a 20% chance of rain.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:19 AM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Here are the forecasts from the Fayetteville, AR stations.

http://www.kfsm.com/weather/

http://nwahomepage.com/weather-forecast

http://www.4029tv.com/weather/grid.html

Looks like we will more than likely be getting wet at some point.

Craig
Old 11-09-2010, 11:34 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 350 Likes on 155 Posts

209 CARS!!!! NO RAIN PLEASE
Actually I don't mind rain as long as it doesn't do it for the show. No one wants to look at P-cars in the rain. 209 cars is a lot of them to look at if it's raining.

Thanks for the offers of the rooms guys. Sorry it took so long to respond, but I was without internet since Friday (not fun at all). We are now somewhere where there is WIFI I'm back on if only for a while.

We did get a call from the hotel. They had several rooms become available so we got one. I'M HAPPY!!!

Quick Reply: Porsche Palooza 2010, Eureka Springs, AR