Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For futuristic FUCHS fans: windmill WHEELS 2010 & beyond

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 03:32 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

This wheel appears to have the correct proportions ...

Porsche's iconic Fuchs wheel was named so because it was originally produced by Otto Fuchs (http://www.fuchsfelge.de).
The original manufacturer has released a modern version of their original classic available in 19".
Sharing the same forged construction, matte black center and satin silver outer lip, this wheel is a perfect upgrade for any Porsche purist.

The wheel is currently available in 19x8.5 and 19x11 sizes. The 19x8.5 front wheel has a 56mm offset and weighs 10.5kg. The rear 19x11 has a 51mm offset and weighs in at 11.5kg.

The wheel accepts all Factory Porsche hardware and center caps. http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ail&PID=226722
Old 07-24-2010, 03:00 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Iozzio
Curve Lover you are correct my website www.iozziowheels.com is being updated as we speak to show the new 18" wheels. However in June I revealed my new 18" wheels to the world in front of the French,Uk, USA and Japanese magazine editors. They are currently available and ready to order at "18 inch Forged Billet Fuch Style Wheel."
Iozzio-- That's great news: congratulations on producing what IMO are the first 18" wheels on the market. (Fuchs Performance Group's may be close behind.)
Please post photos of 'em on 911s, especially 993s

More visuals, but of Linea Corse's Fox model; only up to 17" so far...

From LineaCorse.com:

From WheelDude.com:

From their photo album...

Old 07-31-2010, 12:39 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Lots of opinions, discussion, & coverage here of options

Follow-up to the Fuchs USA wheels first mentioned on page 1 -- currently on the UK's Total 911 website: "The return of the Fuchs brand," by RLer Phil Raby...
Originally Posted by Phil Raby

This came as a surprise to us. It appears that an American company has registered the Fuchs brand there and is producing classic-style Fuchs wheels for modern Porsches. Take a look at Fuchs Performance Group for details of the new wheels.

What’s particularly interesting is that Porsche itself does not have the rights to use the Fuchs name, so its own are called ‘Sport Classic’ wheels, after the car they first appeared on.

The original Fuchs engineering company that made the wheels in the 1970s and 1980s is still running in Germany until recently made no mention of the product that made the company a household name in Porsche circles. However, they are now promoting Fuchs wheels themselves.
Originally Posted by John Glynn

Unattractive. Nothing like as pretty as the originals or the new Sport Classic versions.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:56 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Promotional image from fuchs.conceptDesignRealisations.com:

Old 09-28-2010, 11:03 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by curve lover
Follow-up to the above ^^

Check RL Sponsor GMP - Stephen's very recent updates to his 'Fuchs-made Wheels are back in 19"' thread on the Wheel and Tire Forum (no affiliation).

Originally Posted by GMP - Stephen

We have shipped the first set of 19" Fuchs

Let me know if we can help you with a set of these iconic masterpieces.

Originally Posted by Reddy Kilowatt

18" diameters would make me think hard... and possibly cave.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Hey, that's my quote!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:39 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Reddy-- No mere coincidence! Here's another...
Originally Posted by Reddy Kilowatt

Hey, that's my quote!
Plus, if that excites you, check out the photo below

I couldn't help but notice your post & avatar on the Wheel & Tire thread.
She'll look good regardless of shoes, but I don't think I've seen modern Fuchs on a real-live yellow fashion model yet!
BTW, you may be aware from earlier in this thread, but in the interest of helping you spend your money ... re, enabling, as I like to call it (no affiliation):

Iozzio sells 18"s. FWIW, I know one 993 RLer who's been in corresponding with them, considering purchase.

As of now, I'm still missing photos of the 18"s on their gallery page. For example, clicking on the VW logo leads to appropriate pix on a Bug, but not the Porsche logo.

[Doesn't look like Iozzio is a sponsor or even member, so let me know if this violates any policy & I'll delete/ edit.]
Originally Posted by Iozzio

Curve Lover you are correct my website www.iozziowheels.com is being updated as we speak to show the new 18" wheels. However in June I revealed my new 18" wheels to the world in front of the French,Uk, USA and Japanese magazine editors. They are currently available and ready to order at "18 inch Forged Billet Fuch Style Wheel."
Old 09-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^The Iozzios haven't grabbed me, but I dig the black ones (like yours, GMP, etc.)
Old 04-30-2011, 01:08 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Foxy polished 19s

Old 04-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm with Andreas on the issue of the design not taking well to the larger diameters. Even Otto Fuchs has deviated from their own original design when it comes to upsizing them to 18s and 19s.

The guys at Fuchs Racing have been late to the party because they have been working to perfect the design first, and to emulate the finish of the old Fuchs wheel, but utilizing modern manufacturing methods and materials.

I have to say that it's taking forever, but I do get a few images thrown my way occasionally that keep me still as a Fuchs Racing wheel fan. Here's a 12 x 19 Fuchs Racing wheel -- single piece, forged.
Attached Images  
Old 04-30-2011, 04:09 PM
hawaii five-o
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
Foxy polished 19s
Sweet!

I hope you don't mind curve lover/jäger, but I shared this link to readers on TheSamba.com (They love Fuchs too!)
Old 04-30-2011, 05:02 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I'm with Andreas on the issue of the design not taking well to the larger diameters. Even Otto Fuchs has deviated from their own original design when it comes to upsizing them to 18s and 19s.

The guys at Fuchs Racing have been late to the party because they have been working to perfect the design first, and to emulate the finish of the old Fuchs wheel, but utilizing modern manufacturing methods and materials.

I have to say that it's taking forever, but I do get a few images thrown my way occasionally that keep me still as a Fuchs Racing wheel fan. Here's a 12 x 19 Fuchs Racing wheel -- single piece, forged.
I agree with you on the design challenge to get the proportions correct on the larger diameter wheels.
This wheel (top) got it right ... the other (bottom), not so much

Old 04-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Voegele PH's are the bomb. I now have a new goal....Wish I knew of a US distributor to save on shipping and looks like I will have to get my wife to translate.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

fltsix911. they are the same wheel (assume top a front offset fitment and bottom a rear)!

Cheers
M
Old 05-01-2011, 03:59 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Macca
fltsix911. they are the same wheel (assume top a front offset fitment and bottom a rear)!
Cheers
M
Macca, the polished spokes appear very different in both design and depth ... take another look ...

Quick Reply: For futuristic FUCHS fans: windmill WHEELS 2010 & beyond