Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear fan always on.

I've tried search engine to no avail.

On the turbo when I turn the key to the on position before the cold engine is started the rear engine fan comes on and stays on.

I've changed the rear resistor, the temp sensor, the right front oil cooler sensor and nothing seems to work.

I've understand it may be the CCU but would like verification before I change that too.

Thanks

Levino
Old 06-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Mine does the same thing, if the car is on, the fan is on. The CCU is expensive!
I know when the car is really hot, the fan will turn on when you shut off the car also.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:53 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got it, turn off the temp control to the blue dot and the fan goes off as well...
Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LAT
Got it, turn off the temp control to the blue dot and the fan goes off as well...
What??? Seriously??? My fan always runs when I turn the key on too. I had no idea you could stop that. I'm skeptical of this method.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:19 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

You can unplug the stinking thing as well. I wonder what value it adds outside of climate control, if any.

It's nice in winter when driving slow, but that's about it.

dave
Old 06-09-2010, 11:31 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by black ice
You can unplug the stinking thing as well. I wonder what value it adds outside of climate control, if any.

It's nice in winter when driving slow, but that's about it.

dave
It's utility is debatable, but I leave my key on (and this blower running) for 10-15 minutes after every track session. I find it helps cool the engine although I'm not completely sure where the air goes. Call me crazy, but I swear it works. I'll have to take some measurements to prove it.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
It's utility is debatable, but I leave my key on (and this blower running) for 10-15 minutes after every track session. I find it helps cool the engine although I'm not completely sure where the air goes. Call me crazy, but I swear it works. I'll have to take some measurements to prove it.
I completely agree! It pulls hot air from right behind the alt, & I think it gets dumped out the bottom through the orange flaps, if you stand behind the car, you can feel the hot air.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:15 AM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

I agree that it serves a purpose inhelping to cool a hot motor. I was trying to turn it off when the motor is cold.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:15 AM
David Schiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

may not be helpful but, my non turbo had this and thebattery would die. the relay in the left rear was bad, on this board someone said there was a duplicate forward so i swapped em, no more problem, ordered a new from sunset.
itis a great place
david
Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by LAT
I've tried search engine to no avail.

On the turbo when I turn the key to the on position before the cold engine is started the rear engine fan comes on and stays on.

I've changed the rear resistor, the temp sensor, the right front oil cooler sensor and nothing seems to work.

I've understand it may be the CCU but would like verification before I change that too.

Thanks

Levino

There's a connector (on the NA engines) on the left side (been awhile) that if not properly seated would cause the fan to stay on. Happened when I did my suspension years ago....

Quick Reply: Rear fan always on.