Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A 993 Wins at Porsche 2 Prescott.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 01:52 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts
Default A 993 Wins at Porsche 2 Prescott.....

..... and too bad the Rennlister who won wasn't there to get his Award. We sure had fun messing around with it.

We just wanted you to know that people did see you dumpster diving for the unused ballots and we know your cast all five of your votes for yourself! lol

Seriously, Congrats on the win Verhag. NEXT TIME make your reservations early so you could be at the banquet and not at Burger King down the street when they call your name.

I've got a picture of your car on my other camera and I'll down load that tomorrow. It was the FIRST picture I took at the event.

Tony, Bill and I with your Award. You can have the award. I want the RS!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-23-2010, 04:25 AM
verhag
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you everyone. I was very excited to receive your phone calls this evening. I must say, I really thought you three were having some fun with me tonight due to may early departure. Wish I could have stayed for the entire weekend. It was very kind of you to call and allow me to hear Bob's announcement.

I have to give all the credit to Bill, Tony, and Jim (JDS)...these guys have been incredibly helpful with the car ever since it was delivered last fall. Had I known I was going to have the support and technical help that I've had here in the Phoenix area, I would have bought my 993 years earlier.

It was great to see so many nice Porsches sitting around Prescott Town Center today. I'm certain you and Robert put a tremendous amount of work into this weekend's event. Thank you very much! By the way, while putting down a terrific bloody mary at the Birdcage, I mentioned to Bill and Tony that of all the cars on the square today, the one I would most be interested in driving was yours....beautiful car!

Thanks again JoAnne,
Denny
Attached Images   
Old 05-23-2010, 12:06 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Thanks Denny ~ but Robert did NOTHING... Well, he did blow up the balloons for my centerpieces. I'll take all the credit for the event. NOT!!! ALl I did was the decorations and BTW I'm sending one home with Bill for you.

This is what is funny about the whole deal: No one knew what car was yours. I think they thought it was the early 911 one owner all original car with the super low miles. Do you remember seeing that one? It was lick-able..... PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT saying that there was anything wrong with your car, just that original old car was "special" and since they know that I invited him to the event too, they thought it was him. I told them no, that was my neighbors car and you were one of my Rennlist 'boy' friends. That made them even more confused as to which car it was. I told Bob and the main organizers that you were The Denny who emailed him from PHX and had the silver C4S with the black wheels, and they all said : What 993 C4S with black wheels? LOL I could not win for losing! I told them you were with the last group to arrive from Phoenix and were parked around the corner. After that lots of folks were still asking what car???? I totally laughed when I was told about the final list count: just about everyone voted for their own cars! Almost every car had 1 single vote. LOL that made me crack up! And that is when and how your Dumpster diving legend was born. Stick with me baby, I'm your lucky Prescott charm! I think our table had the most fun and we do wish that you'd been there with us to get some good old fashioned ribbing. Actually your ears should have been burning, but It would have been better to tease you in person. I told Robert I wanted to move to Phoenix so we could hang out with you guys since you are all so much fun.

I think most the folks from up here want me to move...... TOMORROW! My outta town friends all have really NICE P-Cars !!!

Tony's car is a beauty too. On the way home Robert told me that was his favorite cab at the show.

Congrats again. The guys are worried you are going to get a big head. It's allowed..... Until the next show when someone else dumpster dives better than you!
Don't worry It won't be me. I'm a germ freak. But watch out for Bill though..........

PS: Thanks for the Pics of Rob's baby.. You should see what the car looks like now. It is FILLED with pollen and leaves and lady bugs. I think we are going to drive the '40 down to bagdad. The car is so dirty and with the wind, we don't want to add sand removal to the list of things to clean out of the car. Since I'm getting ready for the run to Bagdad and can't post my show pics yet. AND I can't post any of the pictures we took at the Museum. The owner has asked that his cars not be posted up on the internet. I'm going to respect his wishes. You SHOULD have been there!!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:49 PM
verhag
Pro

Funny thing is, I left in such a hurry to get back to Phoenix, that I forgot to vote. "Fluke" or no "fluke" I accept the win with great pride.....it was a pain the butt, climbing out of that dumpster however......

Seriously, I love driving to Prescott up 89A....used to do it on the bike all the time, but now, after 3 or 4 runs up with the 993, the bike holds no interest for me. It's for sale.

PS..Bill was intent on feeding the bird at the Birdcage a jalapeno pepper leftover from his Bloody Mary.......I think the 993 guys will be back, hopefully soon!

Thanks again JoAnne to you and your partners in crime.

Denny
Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Smoke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see a 993 get 5 votes and win. Sounds like everyone had a great time at the banquet. Love the RS in the first picture - is the color signal yellow?
Old 05-23-2010, 07:44 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by verhag
Funny thing is, I left in such a hurry to get back to Phoenix, that I forgot to vote. "Fluke" or no "fluke" I accept the win with great pride.....it was a pain the butt, climbing out of that dumpster however......

Seriously, I love driving to Prescott up 89A....used to do it on the bike all the time, but now, after 3 or 4 runs up with the 993, the bike holds no interest for me. It's for sale.

PS..Bill was intent on feeding the bird at the Birdcage a jalapeno pepper leftover from his Bloody Mary.......I think the 993 guys will be back, hopefully soon!

Thanks again JoAnne to you and your partners in crime.

Denny

You didn't vote. Bill Didn't vote. I didn't vote...... lots of folks didn't even know they had ballots. Robert said no one told him there was a ballot in the registration kit. He found it when he was looking for the diner tickets.

I think we'd make great partners in crime. I'm on the Porsche hit list up here now thanks to my friends.

So you guys hit the Birdcage? Was that for lunch or before? I know Tony asked me about lunch and I said we were going to grab a pizza, but no one mentioned Bloody Mary's! You should have come to get me. I could have let Speedster with RObert for at least a few minutes to down a Bloody Mary with you! ALl you 993 guys are welcome to come up and visit anytime. We'd both love to get together again when I'm not so busy with an event like I was with this one. Lets do it soon one weekend when it gets to hot for y'all and you want to come up to the hills to cool off.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:59 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Smoke
Good to see a 993 get 5 votes and win. Sounds like everyone had a great time at the banquet. Love the RS in the first picture — is the color signal yellow?
I THINK it may have been five votes to win. IT could have been three.... It was so loud I don't remember exactly what he said to me other than it didn't take many votes to win since just about everyone got one vote which means they all voted for themselves. I have never been to an event where the majority of the folks voted for themselves. Sort of strange if you ask me. I mean, I love my current Porsche, but it wasn't my favorite car there... so had I voted, I know who I would have voted for.

I really didn't care who won as long as it was not the replica 550 or the other very old whatever that was there. Both of those had VW powertrains. Just because it has a Porsche Crest on the body don't make it a Porsche. Those were not Porsche's in my book nor are they 'allowed' to be members of PCA if they do not own real Porsche, so ANYONE winning but them would have made me happy, and the fact that a friend and fellow Rennlister won made the victory over them even sweeter, for me anyway..... Especially when I found out that one "fake" cars DID win last year. I would have been sick if I'd of been there.

We just got back from the Lunch in Bagdad where we drove the '40 Street Rod instead of the P-car, just for shoots and giggles. You boys should be home with your award. i'd go get it from them, before they pull some quick trick on you. That Dirty Mar-tony might look sweet, but he has some pretty good tricks up his sleeve.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:01 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Smoke ~ It is Signal Orange and there may be a 993 painted in that color soon

I'd post more pics, but like I said, I can't
Old 05-23-2010, 08:01 PM
verhag
Pro

Originally Posted by RJT
Y Lets do it soon one weekend when it gets to hot for y'all and you want to come up to the hills to cool off.
Woman, that "Hot Springs" talk will never wear off. We'll make it up again, I'll push Bill, Tony, and Jim to look for a Sunday drive up.

Denny
Old 05-23-2010, 08:25 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by verhag
Woman, that "Hot Springs" talk will never wear off. We'll make it up again, I'll push Bill, Tony, and Jim to look for a Sunday drive up.

Denny

PLEASE, we would all enjoy it very much.

Here's a picture of your car.

WINNA WINNA CHICKEN DINNA!!!!

I only took FOUR pictures at the show with my camera. It was so crowded on the main street part of the show that by the time I took it out that I could not get a good shot off and figured I' d take some today in Bagdad. Today was so cold and windy, that I blew that off two. At least I took a picture of your car, Tony's car, one of the Foreman GT-3.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:54 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats...

sounds like a great time down there
Old 05-23-2010, 11:11 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by MarkD
Congrats...

sounds like a great time down there
We did have a lot of fun. You should try to join us next year. We could have a Rennlist reunion of sorts

Dirty Mar-tony was mixing up Martini's, we brought wine, Bill brought beer. Sometimes a BYOB party makes for interesting drinking.

Verhag Denny ~
The road to Bagdad is SUPER even in a '40 Ford Street rod so I can imagine how great it would be in a P-car. I'll have to wait for the boys to get home and post to tell me how fun the rest of the road was for the folks headed back out to Phoenix. That part of the road was supposed to be wide open and full of whoop - t - poo's. Have you driven that one yet yourself? I think that was on 93?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:27 PM
verhag
Pro

Have not made the run to Bagdad....I was trying to convince Tony to drive on to Jerome with the group on Saturday.....hmmm Badgad, now you've peaked my interest. I cannot stay out of this car. Last week was incredible, drive the 12 year old car 500 miles north, drive the hell out of it for 90 miles in that Nevada Open Road Deal, then drive it home 500 miles with the AC blowing just great.....

Amazing cars! Best move I ever made was finding this car on this forum from people who have the same passion....

I keep going back and looking at the "Robsled".....I love your car!
Denny
Old 05-24-2010, 12:35 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Thanks Denny. Do you know that someone offered to buy it Yesterday? It's not even done yet!

Did you get your award yet? We need a pic of you holding it.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:46 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Great weekend!

The road to Bagdad was amazing! Who ever cut that road owns a sports car.

Denny, your award was used to shoo an 18" Gila monster across the road out of Bagdad.
The only tools we had where your award, Tony’s Martini kit and the Forrest Gump sound track. I will let Tony explain how this all worked out. I have hope you will understand.

JoAnn, thank you for your hard work and hospitality. You and Robert have restored my faith in the fact that the PCA still has a few fun people.

It was an excellent event and I can not wait to return in my own car next year.

P.S. Denny, you forgot your tab at Kinko’s for the ballot copies.

Quick Reply: A 993 Wins at Porsche 2 Prescott.....