Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A 993 Wins at Porsche 2 Prescott.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was fun and the police said there where not going to give me ticket for speeding, but for the shirt I was wearing. There was a 1999 cream colored 996 with only 6000 miles on it and would have thought it would win. I was also a little concerned with all the dogs there that they would mistake the cars for fire hydrants.

Last edited by Mother; 06-02-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:48 AM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, all I did was step away for a few hours to watch the final episode of "24" and all hell breaks loose.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Mother
It was fun and the police said there where not going to give me ticket for speeding, but for the shirt I was wearing. There was a 1999 cream colored 996 with only 6000 miles on it and would have thought it would win. I was also a little concerned with all the dogs there that they would mistake the cars for fire hydrants.
Mother ~ Which car was yours?

Honestly, I thought the all original, one owner early 911 (I think it was a 72?) With only 24,000 miles on it was going to win and I am not the only one.

When the organizers reserved the Cortez Street for the show last year there was no dog event on the calendar. That was added later by the city and they didn't tell anyone. I've got to tell you that the organizers were not happy. They also thought we were getting the entire street, not just half the street. Now that the city has seen such a great turn out as have the merchants, there will be no problem getting them to close the entire street off so all the cars can be together and there will be no traffic at all. As for the dogs, since it was a pay event, there weren't as many as we thought there might be. Had it been a real freebie, we would have been in trouble. The City will not do that to us again next year. We are going to get approval for the street to be closed by 75% of the vendors (that should be no problem, the restaurants were packed so they will want us back) Actually, I as surprised how well mannered the dogs all were. I suppose the constant adds stating that All dogs must be well behaved and on lease or they will be removed from the event kept all the mean dogs with stupid owners away......

BTW: The 550 and the 356 were both Replica's. There were no real 356's at the show and that was a total bummer. 75 cars and not a single one. The 550 was a Beck and the 356?? We have no idea who's kit that was. A few of us are still trying to figure out that car. Maybe homemade?

Originally Posted by skywachr
Man, all I did was step away for a few hours to watch the final episode of "24" and all hell breaks loose.
Are you the one who stole my whip at the show????
Old 05-25-2010, 12:29 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We made the front page of the Local paper this morning:

How about that. There are more than just street rods, Harley's and Corvettes in this town.

http://www.prescottaz.com/main.asp?S...ionID=1086&S=1

If you look close you can see Robert in the first picture (with the orange hat on) and our 911 in the second (grey)
Old 05-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 147 Posts

You Westies have all the fun!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:15 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJT
Are you the one who stole my whip at the show????
Whip? That was a whip? I thought it was the stir stick from your extra large, extra hot, take-out Bloody Mary from the Birdcage. Didn't you gave it to me as a momento?

Last edited by skywachr; 05-26-2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RJT
Mother ~ Which car was yours?
I have nothing bad to say about the dogs since actually some of my best friends are dogs , I was driving a black 2000 996 C2 in the first group about 10 cars down from yours decked out in RUF exterior stuff. I left at around noon or so but because of the way they parked me I was blocked in and had to find the owner of the car they parked in front of me to move so I could leave however all worked out good. Turns out leaving early was not so good as I-17 was backed up because of a brush fire that crossed the road heading back to Phx. I look forward to next year.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:01 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Turns out leaving early was not so good as I-17 was backed up because of a brush fire that crossed the road heading back to Phx. I look forward to next year.

See, you should have stayed longer..... The dumpsters were getting full of unused ballots later on in the day and you could have fought Verhag over the last one

Yup, we did have a great time. Maybe net year we can have a Rennlist party within the party We just need to get everyone together to do it.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RJT
See, you should have stayed longer..... The dumpsters were getting full of unused ballots later on in the day and you could have fought Verhag over the last one

Yup, we did have a great time. Maybe net year we can have a Rennlist party within the party We just need to get everyone together to do it.
At the vary least I am bringing a folding chair with a umbrella on top and a sweeter just in case.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:16 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

At the vary least I am bringing a folding chair with a umbrella on top and a sweeter just in case.
And a parka too, because up here, ya never know

Quick Reply: A 993 Wins at Porsche 2 Prescott.....