993 Forum 1995-1998

Montreal F1 - Rennlist get together

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Montreal F1 - Rennlist get together

Guys, gals, are you heading up to Montreal for the F1 race in June? Silly question, of course you are!

Natalie and I would be honored to have you as our guests for a cocktail early Saturday evening, June 12. Think cold German beer, a few brats on the grill, and a chance to meet new friends. Maybe a few Who or Bowie tunes on the ol' turntable - heck, if the spirit moves us, I'll throw on some George Jones if that's what it takes...

While open to all, this invite is particulary geared to our U.S., International and Canadian friends that will be travelling to Montreal. There's lot's of good stuff to do and see downtown on Saturday night, so let's shoot for 5-8PM, which leaves plenty of time to hit the town for dinner/drinks/mayhem.

We live at the foot of the Champlain bridge on the south shore - about 15 minutes drive from the track and from downtown. I have room (and parking) for a good 30 or so, and will be cross posting in other forums as we gauge interest.

Please PM me if you can attend. I hope you can.

Best,

Matt

Last edited by Matt Lane; 05-04-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Date
Old 05-02-2010, 08:00 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Sweeeeet! You know I'll be there Matt!

Anything I can bring from the States?
Old 05-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilko
Sweeeeet! You know I'll be there Matt!

Anything I can bring from the States?
Good stuff! Rennlister #1. Come on guys, step right up, don't be shy!

Nah, nothing to bring up (unless some more mod parts end up in your office with my name on them!). This is my treat. Nat and I are really looking forward to it.

Best,

Matt
Old 05-02-2010, 08:49 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Well you have my address and you know the size of my trunk
Old 05-02-2010, 10:40 PM
revolution993
Three Wheelin'

Received 99 Likes on 66 Posts

Hey Matt,
i think you meant june 12 not july 12.
I will problably see you guys on crescent or peel for the porsche parade on sunday.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Of course - thanks for the catch. June 12.

I'll probably head to Crescent early Sunday as well... see you there!

Best,

Matt
Old 05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank for the Invite!

Hi Matt,

My fiance and I will be at Montreal along with a few other Rennlisters. I'll double-check if we have any plans, but I would love to take you up on your invitation! I've been to Montreal a few times already, but always nice to check out where the locals hang out. Thanks for you and Natalie's hospitality!

Ilko....I didn't know you were going as well. Bob and another Rennlister are going as well. We're all in Sec. 22. We'll be driving up together during the day on Thurs. Let me know if you want to join us.

Btw....any of you guys interested in some karting in Montreal? Was thinking of doing some karts if time permits. Also, is the local PCA chapter doing the car show on Peel (?) again this yr?

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:00 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Hey Arrwin, I'm in section 33.

Going on Thursday also. Heading from NYC then stopping by my house to pick up the P-car. Would love to meet up. Please let me know what time you're planning on passing Kingston (Exit 19 on the Thruway) so I can catch up with you guys.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:06 PM
verhag
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice to have this invitation. Will make every attempt to be there. Traveling to Montreal from Phoenix for the Race. Spending Monday thru Wed in Quebec City. Driving back to Montreal on Wednesday for the Race weekend.

Denny
Old 05-03-2010, 12:08 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I will be there as well, with 2 friends. Would love to catch up and talk cars. I will be heading from NJ, so if there is anything you would liek me to bring up for you, please feel free.
Look forward to meeting you folks.
Raj
Old 05-03-2010, 12:34 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
Guys, gals, are you heading up to Montreal for the F1 race in June? Silly question, of course you are!

Natalie and I would be honored to have you as our guests for a cocktail early Saturday evening, June 12. Think cold German beer, a few brats on the grill, and a chance to meet new friends. Maybe a few Who or Bowie tunes on the ol' turntable - heck, if the spirit moves us, I'll throw on some George Jones if that's what it takes...

While open to all, this invite is particulary geared to our U.S. friends that will be travelling to Montreal. There's lot's of good stuff to do and see downtown on Saturday night, so let's shoot for 5-8PM, which leaves plenty of time to hit the town for dinner/drinks/mayhem.

We live at the foot of the Champlain bridge on the south shore - about 15 minutes drive from the track and from downtown. I have room (and parking) for a good 30 or so, and will be cross posting in the 964 and race/DE forum as we gauge interest.

Best,

Matt

Hey Matt,
I'm new to the forum and am bringing my boys up with me for the GP. We're flying in...Where is the "Porsche Parade" and what time is it taking place?

thanks,
david
Old 05-03-2010, 01:57 PM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane

While open to all, this invite is particulary geared to our U.S. friends that will be travelling to Montreal. There's lot's of good stuff to do and see downtown on Saturday night, so let's shoot for 5-8PM, which leaves plenty of time to hit the town for dinner/drinks/mayhem.

We live at the foot of the Champlain bridge on the south shore - about 15 minutes drive from the track and from downtown. I have room (and parking) for a good 30 or so, and will be cross posting in the 964 and race/DE forum as we gauge interest.

Best,

Matt

Matt, I'll be in town for the race with my wife, however I'm not driving the p-car. Staying in Old MTL. Love to meet up for a drink. We are seated in grand stand 21 section 1.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:56 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Look what came in the mail today!

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2010, 03:03 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Look what came in the mail today!

Who did you get your Tix through? I used to buy them through the GP org. itself but havent found that they are selling them directly this year.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:08 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

I got them from http://www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.ca/
The promoter this year is "Octane Racing Group" and they deal through Admission.com (TicketMaster) but without the "convenience" fees we have in the States.

Ordered them the day they went on sale back in January. They took my order and said the actual tickets will be mailed in April. They didn't say it'd be the last day of April

Hope this helps.

Ilko

Quick Reply: Montreal F1 - Rennlist get together