Montreal F1 - Rennlist get together

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:54 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt and Nat;

thank you for opening your home to us so easily. My friends from Norway and I were very appreciative of the hospitality and openess offered up, regrettful we could not stay longer.

They were also impressed with how many air cooled enthusiasts there were at your event. Also noted was the warmth and friendliness of the people in Montreal. This race ranks as one of the most fun we have been to and we have been to a few.

If anyone ever needs to get a hold of Espen Olsen the Ruf/FVD dealer in Oslo, drop me a line.

Well done and thanks again.

Levino
Old 06-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Damn, I missed a great get-together. It seems I have a reading comprehension problem. I had to be out of town that day and after considerable negotiation, I was able to leave in time to fly back back in time to get to Matt's place around 3:45 PM. I was under the impression that the gathering was from 3-5 - which worked out perfectly (or so I thought) since I had a dinner party to go to later that evening. So, I arrived and got perfect parking. Matt chuckled and explained that the party was to start an hour and fifteen minutes later. OOOPS! So I had a beer and headed home to change for dinner. Felt stupid of course, but I did leave someone a parking spot right in front of the house Besides I did get to chat with Matt and the lovely Nat for a bit. I did not win a prize for crossing the finish line first by over an hour though ...

Next year I'll get a child to read the instructions to me.

At least I got to meet Larry and Bob as well as their charming (much) better halves the night before.

Best,
Old 06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
At least I got to meet Larry and Bob as well as their charming (much) better halves the night before.
You are correct about the better halves.

And it certainly was very nice for Matt and Nat to host this get together. I enjoyed meeting everyone and the brats were worth the drive up to Montreal. I never knew that sourdough rolls and brats could taste so fantastic.

See you next year Matt.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No one took pics of the GTG?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
COLD GERMAN BEER

Free advice on how to setup a 964.(thanks Larry)
Forgot the camera in the boot.
Dwane
Old 06-17-2010, 04:13 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
I was wondering the exact same thing
Old 06-17-2010, 10:34 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 189 Posts

We had too much fun to take pics

I have one VERY compromising shot of Ed (and Carole!) but will use only when the time is right
Old 06-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 104 Posts

Have not been on RL for a bit, and pleased to hear everyone had a good time!

Originally Posted by ilko
Thank you Natalie and Matt for hosting us! Your hospitality and great food will be remembered!

Matt, you have a really nice car in your garage
Pics coming at some point... just need to wipe off the tire and rubber marks from this weekend's DE...

Originally Posted by BillJ
Had a great time and thanks for the perfect hospitality! Great to meet so many fine folks today.
Bill, It was good to meet you and the Other Matt! Thanks for helping out at the grill - good stuff.

Originally Posted by Arrwin
+1000. Thanks to you and Nat for the awesome hospitality and sausages! You have a beautiful house and you are a brave man opening your house to a bunch of crazy Porsche folks!
Arrwin, thanks for the T's, a perfect fit.

Fifty 'stranger's' in your home, what could possibly go wrong?

We had a blast.

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Matt-thanks again to you and Natalie for your hospitality. Good to meet everyone and send me an I.M. when you're ready to upgrade some of your gear. Best regards, Bob
Bob, it was good to meet you and your son Paul. He's a keeper.

And yes, PM sent today. Thanks.

Originally Posted by PorscheZen
Matt,
Great GTG! Met so many happy Porsche folks. So great to be around others of my own religion.
Fun to have the Le Mans race to watch.
There were also some R'listers from Oslo, Norway who were giving me tips on how to drive the Nordscheife, Great to meet Marc from Cali, Tenzin from the Toronto area, D964 and a few others whose names I'm missing...

Note: Any meat eating photos posted by Ilko are photo-shopped...
I was going to suggest that sausages are the Other White Meat, but that's not especially helpful, is it? Take solace in the fact that they were made lovingly by old world artisan hands...

Originally Posted by LAT
Matt and Nat;

thank you for opening your home to us so easily. My friends from Norway and I were very appreciative of the hospitality and openess offered up, regrettful we could not stay longer.

They were also impressed with how many air cooled enthusiasts there were at your event. Also noted was the warmth and friendliness of the people in Montreal. This race ranks as one of the most fun we have been to and we have been to a few.

If anyone ever needs to get a hold of Espen Olsen the Ruf/FVD dealer in Oslo, drop me a line.

Well done and thanks again.

Levino
Levino, it was a pleasure. Not sure when I'll next be in Norway, but hey, it's the thought that counts!

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Damn, I missed a great get-together. It seems I have a reading comprehension problem. I had to be out of town that day and after considerable negotiation, I was able to leave in time to fly back back in time to get to Matt's place around 3:45 PM. I was under the impression that the gathering was from 3-5 - which worked out perfectly (or so I thought) since I had a dinner party to go to later that evening. So, I arrived and got perfect parking. Matt chuckled and explained that the party was to start an hour and fifteen minutes later. OOOPS! So I had a beer and headed home to change for dinner. Felt stupid of course, but I did leave someone a parking spot right in front of the house Besides I did get to chat with Matt and the lovely Nat for a bit. I did not win a prize for crossing the finish line first by over an hour though ...

Next year I'll get a child to read the instructions to me.

Best,
Bob, real sorry it did not work out as planned. There's always next time. And PS, thanks for the generous gift.

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
You are correct about the better halves.

And it certainly was very nice for Matt and Nat to host this get together. I enjoyed meeting everyone and the brats were worth the drive up to Montreal. I never knew that sourdough rolls and brats could taste so fantastic.

See you next year Matt.
Larry, it was a pleasure. My regret is not having enough time to chat with everyone. I am sure I'd have enjoyed some good stories.

Thanks again to all that were able to come, sorry for those that couldn't make it. Is this a great place, or what?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Lloyd W
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Photos as requested

Enjoy!
Name:  2010F1MeetNGreet01.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  138.0 KB

Name:  2010F1MeetNGreet02.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  135.3 KB

Name:  2010F1MeetNGreet03.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  145.3 KB

Name:  2010F1MeetNGreet04A.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  192.3 KB

Name:  2010F1MeetNGreet05.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  109.2 KB

Name:  2010F1MeetNGreet06A.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  188.7 KB

Name:  2010F1MeetNGreet07A.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  191.4 KB

Name:  2010F1MeetNGreet08A.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  188.9 KB

Name:  2010F1MeetNGreet09.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  185.9 KB

Name:  2010F1MeetNGreet010A.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  188.8 KB
Old 07-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Lloyd, no people?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 104 Posts

Nice job, Lloydster!

Both the photos, and the grillin' assistance...

PS - I am with Larry on this - were we all that ugly?

Quick Reply: Montreal F1 - Rennlist get together