Sponsored by:

Rear-ended, hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,416 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Many Cars
$2K or so is a fairly small sum for an insurance company so I wouldn't expect they'll waste a huge amount of time on getting Gieco to pay. IIRC New Jersey is basically no fault so even pursuing this guy directly won't likely bring much satisfaction, at least financially. Fortunately I suspect the police will help in making this guy regret his decision to deny the accident. A summons means a date with a judge and given the facts and police report I doubt the judge will be leniant. This guy deserves to learn the lesson.
well, the 2k doesn't involve anything to do with the spoiler or whatever is behind the bumper. It also doesn't take into acoStrekStrekStrekStrek that the bumper may need to be replaced, not repaired.

a few new parts from porsche get involved and that $2k turns into $6k.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:42 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I decided to go with body motion. Mike seemed very willing to help and my body shop insider stated that they seemed like a good shop.
Good choice. I was the one who posted them as a recommendation. BodyMotion is a well respected Porsche shop, race prep and bodyshop. You will be happy.

Mark
Old 04-30-2010, 04:45 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2Many Cars
$2K or so is a fairly small sum for an insurance company so I wouldn't expect they'll waste a huge amount of time on getting Gieco to pay. IIRC New Jersey is basically no fault so even pursuing this guy directly won't likely bring much satisfaction, at least financially. Fortunately I suspect the police will help in making this guy regret his decision to deny the accident. A summons means a date with a judge and given the facts and police report I doubt the judge will be leniant. This guy deserves to learn the lesson.
No Fault governs bodily injury, pain and suffering ,etc. Nothing to do with collision. It keeps the personal injury attorney in check.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Good choice. I was the one who posted them as a recommendation. BodyMotion is a well respected Porsche shop, race prep and bodyshop. You will be happy.

Mark
Thanks for the tip mark, I'm sure they will do a good job.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

well quick update here.

I was supposed to pick up the car today. I found a small nick in the paint, so bodymotion is going to respray the piece in question.

However, the bigger issue is the fender that was pushed in. While they did a good job in getting it back into shape, the very corner of the fender (right where it meets the bottom/side of the decklid) is not quite as sharp a point as the untouched side. That edge seems a bit rounded.

I'm not sure if it can be repaired any better, but its not quite right.

what would you guys do? The car is painted already, so I'm not sure they want to take it all apart.

thanks for any input.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:29 PM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I just went through a very similar thing with the front of my car. I picked it up from a very reputable shop and there were a few small items I wasn't totally happy with. My guys took the car back in, took the bumper and fender back off and fixed it properly. They felt bad that I was the one who noticed the imperfections and not them.

I'd point it out and see what they say.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Steven, I will take your advice and push the issue.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Bouzoukikid
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993c4_Toronto
I just went through a very similar thing with the front of my car. I picked it up from a very reputable shop and there were a few small items I wasn't totally happy with. My guys took the car back in, took the bumper and fender back off and fixed it properly. They felt bad that I was the one who noticed the imperfections and not them.

I'd point it out and see what they say.
+1
You've got to live with the car and you have to be perfectly happy. Otherwise it's going to always bug you.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

well, I'm concerned I may look like an overly **** porsche owner nit picker here.

Its not a hugely noticeable difference, but I could tell basically right away.

Its really fairly minor in difference, but I notice it all the same.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:38 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Do not hesitate to have it redone and to be 100% satisfied. Bodymotion prides itself on doing great work. They will want you to be happy.

Mark
Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

If you don't get it resolved to your satisfaction now it's going to bother you forever
Dont regret this down the road
I put a tic tac size nick on an old rim and it bothered me every time I walked past the car...eyes right to it
Old 05-29-2010, 07:20 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I remember going in for some minor damage repairs and I told the shop right up front that I was choosing them b/c they had a great reputation for good work. I also told them I will become their biggest nightmare and a huge pain in their *** if the work is not done to my satisfaction. They accepted the job and when I came back to have them fix a few things not up to par there was little to discuss. They got it right and that was that. Push the issue now while you have the opportunity or you won't be happy in the long run.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

I figured maybe an image may help demonstrate the problem. And yes, I drew this by hand on ms paint.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

I agree with the posting Oliver. If you noticed it a first glance, you're focus in on it each time you walk by the car. Have them fix it right. Good luck.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Your right chuck. I sent the body shop an email and I'll wait to hear something tuesday.

Quick Reply: Rear-ended, hit and run