More Rauh Welt Goodness

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:37 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Chiba, Japan. I believe it's south of Sendai
yes his shop is about 1 hr outside of tokyo - small city in countryside of chiba prefecture....you can see it in below video (BUT not the tunnel scenes or the "shuto scenes" you see in the vid....they were filmed in tokyo.....same tunnel as was used to in 'kill bill' with uma on her way to wipe out the "crazy 88")

cause he started out as a "drifter" he will work on other cars (there are pictures of japanese make tuner cars on jpnese sites), but prefers
aircooled porsche - does do watercoolers tho' & this project was in his shop when we visited

likely the vid that assisted in making him "globally" known)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buizliyJYIk

i had a look at 'car sensor' listings for japan, & see he has now listed his dd for sale ....pictured at his shop from 2 mos ago (if anyone wants the listing i can send the link).

Old 04-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Looking at that video I reckon theres no way you could keep the outside circumference of those wheels true! The wheel centres are so far back that the outer wheel lips must almost only be the strength of the rubber that binds them and even a small pot hole would render them "bent".

I love the styling. I really really do. But from any level of pratical these cars are a FAIL. I think there aeros must be like a 4x4 utility, the weight is likely more than your owuld suspect with all that plastic, glass, big, wheel width and rubber and unless you are droping a big HP Turbo in there Im doubting they are fast. heck even a minor deiveway become a manouvour from hell.

But ya gotta love those crazy Japanese. They really do know how to Anime a Porsche 911!

Ill have mine pink with Hello Kitty graphics please :-)

Meeow
Old 04-04-2011, 07:06 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Macca
Looking at that video I reckon theres no way you could keep the outside circumference of those wheels true! The wheel centres are so far back that the outer wheel lips must almost only be the strength of the rubber that binds them and even a small pot hole would render them "bent".

I love the styling. I really really do. But from any level of pratical these cars are a FAIL. I think there aeros must be like a 4x4 utility, the weight is likely more than your owuld suspect with all that plastic, glass, big, wheel width and rubber and unless you are droping a big HP Turbo in there Im doubting they are fast. heck even a minor deiveway become a manouvour from hell.

But ya gotta love those crazy Japanese. They really do know how to Anime a Porsche 911!

Ill have mine pink with Hello Kitty graphics please :-)

Meeow
perhaps, but there's a lot around.....and some quite fast....click on any thumbnail
http://www.rwb.jp/gallery/gallery_rwbmeet100214.html

as i said nakai-san started out as a racer/drifter, and his car is quick/meant only for the track....interior of his car so attests (sorry my camera work is not outstanding), so after having met him/talked to him.....don't believe he (& subcontractors that deal with suspension/wheel set-up) builds "fail" & his strong following of customers would seem to suggest so.....

agree with you, his style is quite something else - but definitely not little kitty,
imo
Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Dont get me wrong. I love his work. He has Big ***** and the world needs more of them with all the Pollitically Correct stuff going on....

The stylings spot on. Id love one to look at in my garage, but I think it would be a bit tricky on our narrow roads.

I still want mine in pink with Kitty graphics....

M
Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Dont get me wrong. I love his work. He has Big ***** and the world needs more of them with all the Pollitically Correct stuff going on....

The stylings spot on. Id love one to look at in my garage, but I think it would be a bit tricky on our narrow roads.

M
haha, notwithstanding your plates.....not much in the way of more skinny streets than tokyo!
cheers
Old 04-04-2011, 01:25 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I love these cars and the statement they make. More to the point, I love that they 'offend' so many people because they are such a big departure from our prudish 'western' tastes. I know in the past Japan's automobile laws restricted horsepower and certain types of engine designs like Turbo's from being sold domestically. Is that also true of used cars like these that are modified?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:51 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JPP
I love these cars and the statement they make. More to the point, I love that they 'offend' so many people because they are such a big departure from our prudish 'western' tastes. I know in the past Japan's automobile laws restricted horsepower and certain types of engine designs like Turbo's from being sold domestically. Is that also true of used cars like these that are modified?
actually to the best of my knowledge there is not/never was a law restricting hp outputs (or we wouldn't have shelby cobras running around the streets here at what better than 500hp, turbo porsche, lambo's etc)....what there was during fuel shortage in the 90's - but is no longer in place as
godzilla (aka nissan gtr attests to) was under pressure from the gov't jpnese automakers ***'n agreed to limit engine output to (i believe 285hp).

truth is major manufacturers never stuck to the agreement , best examples early-mid 90's nissan skyline gtr's &
and the twin turbo'd from hell, toyota supras.

Last edited by raspberryroadster; 04-06-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

to any followers of master-drifter nakai & RWB his english website is coming together
http://www.rwb.jp/rauh_top1.htm

Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

^^ in lieu of more cowbell -- more Speedster-o kudasai ^^
Originally Posted by curve lover

Anyone have more photos of RAUH-Welt Speedsters?

Originally Posted by curve lover

This owner (Morichack-san) is a serious Speedster & RWB enthusiast:

Old 06-26-2011, 02:17 PM
993RS
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

M
Pink?

Old 06-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yeah I know Phil. We all have our weaknesses ;-)
Old 08-27-2011, 01:58 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 08-27-2011, 02:07 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Sorry, don't care for his stuff. Looks like the German version of a ricer, just my opinion.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:24 PM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1pcarnut
Sorry, don't care for his stuff. Looks like the German version of a ricer, just my opinion.
And mine too. An excellent example of a way to ruin a perfectly good car by rendering it slow and ugly. They should stick with Hondas.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:56 PM
jawnsense
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JM993
And mine too. An excellent example of a way to ruin a perfectly good car by rendering it slow and ugly. They should stick with Hondas.
care to enlighten us on how these cars are slow? theres plenty of footage on the web of them killing cars at track days.

Quick Reply: More Rauh Welt Goodness